Search Unity

Druid Defense - Cross between Swamp Attack and Defender

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Aseemy, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Aseemy

Aseemy

Thank you all for all the support you gave for my first game, here is my second (hopefully better) attempt at making a game using Unity.

Druid Defense Links
    Google Play Store
    Windows 10
    Windows Phone 8.1

The Tree of Life is under attack. You are its last hope, protect the Tree from waves of frenzied monsters. Find out the secret behind why the monsters are attacking. Use everything you've got to survive.

A tower defense game inspired by big names of the same genre.

HOW TO PLAY
    - Tap/hold the screen to shoot.
    - Change weapons and use magic scrolls to attack.
    - Numerous upgrade options to choose from
    - Don't die

Credits
    Music by Purple-Planet

The promo needs to be improved a bit, do provide constructive criticism. Thank you once again.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    John3D, eisenpony and RoyalCoder like this.
  2. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Very nice game ;) good job @Aseemy !

3. Aseemy

Aseemy

Thank you, do try the game and let me know how i can improve it.

Also will port it to windows soon, cant do IOS cause too expensive for me.

4. Aseemy

Aseemy

Added game to Newgrounds, Kongregate and Gamejolt. Windows port soon to be published.
    Guys please provide honest reviews for the app, help me improve the game, let me know any issues you face.

5. Aseemy

Aseemy

Woohoo, game released on Windows 8.1 and 10
    Guys please provide feedback on how i can improve the game

Completely redesigned the level select scene, check out the youtube video for the latest gameplay trailer.

6. eisenpony

eisenpony

Nice game! It was fun until I ran out of Ether... Maybe I'm not up to speed on these little indie games, but why put a limit on how much I can play? Now that I've exited your game, I'll probably never come back...

The gameplay was interesting enough. For your next go, I think you should work on more interesting animations. The orc animations were pretty good but the bat enemies felt like they were just sliding around and the fade-to-gone death was a bit disappointing.

The menu system needed some more context. I didn't really understand what the crypt was at first and the "Druid" "Weapons" "Magic" submenus don't mean anything to me. I don't understand how to change my weapon type between damage and life steal.. Maybe I just didn't get to play long enough. You may consider introducing new mechanics like these slowly over the course of the game with some context to help the player understand how the meta is shifting.

Oh, and I as trying to use my mouse wheel to scroll through the menus.. it's much too slow..

7. Aseemy

Aseemy

Sorry about your experience. I wasnt making any money on the mobile versions so stopped supporting them. But the WebGL version made me good money. Energy system was removed. Many gameplay/graphical changes and a tutorial on how to use stuff was added.

Scroll wheel scrolling was not implemented in the, default Unity behavior, will be fixed soon.
    Check it out here http://www.kongregate.com/games/badlysynced/druid-defense

EDIT - On need for limiting play time. Most games like this make money from ads. If people watch too many ads in the same day we get less money from the advertisers. Also if people can play as much as they want the will finish the game early, before you have a chance to put more content.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  8. John3D

John3D

Great game graphics! When I've watched the trailer the first thing that came into my mind was Avatar the movie. :)

9. unity_Vpa3CpMumiGqDA

unity_Vpa3CpMumiGqDA

will u pls help me for creating this type of game?
    provide me some kind of tutorials or references ...
    i shall be very thankful to you

10. Aseemy

Aseemy

https://learn.unity.com/search?k=["tag:58088f5f0909150077ca2bc6"]

have you done this tutorial yet? this was the only thing i did before making the game. The game doesn't use any advanced features. do this tutorial once and ask any queries you have.

11. heyainc

heyainc

Hi Aseemy! Thats a very good game!

Which tutorial do you think?

12. Aseemy

Aseemy

i have mentioned the tutorial in the previous post.

13. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

14. Aseemy

Aseemy

sorry about the previous link. i dont know how i made that mistake. i cant seem to find the original tutorial i did.
    But you can try this one