Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Dropping scripts onto the Inspector

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by djdanlib, Nov 14, 2022.

1. djdanlib

djdanlib

Hello, thank you for reading my feedback.

It seems like there is a too-slim vertical window when you want to drag a script asset from the Project window onto your Inspector to add it to a game object, or drag to rearrange scripts already on a game object.

The blue insert cursor that appears between scripts on the game object is nice. It would be a much better experience if the drop zone that triggers it was more than 2 pixels tall or whatever it currently is. The insert cursor doesn't have to be taller, that would be a waste of space. Please increase the invisible zone/area that triggers the drop-a-script-here flow. I'm thinking at least the height of a line of text would be easier to manage.

As easy of a workaround it is, I don't really want to lower my mouse DPI for that.

Long-time user here, it's been a thing since I started using Unity back in maybe 2015 and I'm still wishing for this in the 2023 alpha.

2. spiney199

spiney199

I always forget you can drag scripts into the inspector to add components, mostly because it sounds painful.

What's wrong with the Add Component button?