Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

DropDown Broken in Unity 2019.3.5F1

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by PhilNvyve, Mar 25, 2020.

1. PhilNvyve

PhilNvyve

Hello Unity forum,
    I've been working on a side tool which allows us to select between the LUT effects of our project. This would simply be done through a drop down menu or side arrows. However recently I've upgraded the project from 2019.2.0f1 to 2019.3.5f1 and the drop down list doesnt' work any more and will spit out an error.

List in 2019.2.0F1
    LUT-2019.2.PNG

List in 2019.3.5.f1
    LUT-2019.3.PNG

I've tried to attach a freshly created default List drop down menu and the results are the same. This is the same in other parts of the current scene of the application.
    LUT-2019.3 Defualt.PNG

In the same project I've created an empty scene and with just a drop down list, and I'm getting the same error as well.
    LUT-2019.3 Defualt New scene.PNG
    Below is what I'm getting from the error log

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEngine.UI.Dropdown.AlphaFadeList (System.Single duration, System.Single start, System.Single end) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.5f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/Dropdown.cs:1045)
    3. UnityEngine.UI.Dropdown.Show () (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.5f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/Dropdown.cs:862)
    4. UnityEngine.UI.Dropdown.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.5f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/Dropdown.cs:684)
    5. UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.5f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
    6. UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.5f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
    7. UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update() (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.5f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:377)
    I have 1 case where the drop the down list works out, but that is when creating a completely new fresh project.

Thank you for your time
    Phil

2. sockman

sockman

I'm having the same problem now. Let me know if you managed to fix this.

3. Pronetizen

Pronetizen

In my case, the problem disappeared by turning off 'Enter Play Mode Options (Experimental)'. I think Dropdown components are not compatible with this.

PhilNvyve and ClpsPLUG like this.
  4. PhilNvyve

PhilNvyve

That was the fix for me as well, Thanks for the tip! For those who are wondering where to find this setting, check project settings->Editor->scroll to the bottom.

Green127 and Pronetizen like this.
  5. Alexander21

Alexander21

@Pronetizen

When i try to convert 2019.4.21 to 2021.4.30 The ' Enter Play Mode Options(Experiemental') is off in default mode.

It is already off

I have received the same error

i have enclosed the image with it.. How can i solve the error. Is it a bug in unity 2021 version..

Attached Files:

6. Pronetizen

Pronetizen

Alexander21, the issue you mentioned involves different stacktrace from mine and I have no idea what causes that problem.
    I suggest you post a new thread for that matter.

unityunity