Search Unity

Bug drop down moves node every time

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by zeropointblack, Apr 3, 2021.

1. zeropointblack

zeropointblack

using 2021 1 1 1 1 1ff11 .

how come every time i select something from a node or graph inspector settings drop down the mouse is now moving the node around unless i click away somewhere and move it back? it never did this before. so WHY does it do that now? just trying to waste more of my time? who in their right mind would program something like that into an already super buggy, bordering on worthless, addon to unity? anybody know?

also, my nodes still dont show previews. so it just doesnt work with HDRP? or what. what is it. is this a real app? who can be expected to believe this. you guys honestly didnt try using a drop down once before shipping this?

so now all of us have to wait for an update or two or three before this is addressed or even noticed, ok fine, but what else is going to break?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    olivecrow likes this.
  2. Thygrrr

Thygrrr

I can confirm this, also for Universal Render Pipeline. I have the same behaviour, in all 2021.1.0f1, .1f1, and .2f1

Overall, I can barely edit any of my Subgraphs because of this.

This seems to sometimes relate to an exception in this line of code:
    upload_2021-4-8_18-46-15.png
    upload_2021-4-8_18-47-3.png

(oddly enough, the call stack often seems to indicate this exception cannot occur, as a string literal is supplied all the way up the call stack)

Sadly because we can't change the code of the Shadergraph package (whyyy can't I check it out in development mode?), I can't fix this line of code.

Also, possibly unrelated but it causes Blackboard Pills to stick or glitch out - also I cannot work around this one (the top one is lacking a null check, which if it occurs just breaks all editing and saving forever, bye bye, work). It's especially painful because the person who wtrote the 2nd line in that function worked around it, for better or worse.
    upload_2021-4-8_18-44-33.png
    upload_2021-4-8_18-45-4.png

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Any info on this being fixed?

4. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Fix please +1