Search Unity

Driving Reckless - realistic car physics meets endless runner

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Ethan, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Ethan

Ethan

Hi there,
    Since I am obsessed with cars and car physics I just released my third mobile game "Driving Reckless", which I made for fun in the last 2 months.
    The whole point of the game is to drive as fast as possible around the randomly generated city filled with different kinds of bendings. If you get too slow, your race is over.

The car script is selfmade and just a few hundred lines of code, so very lightweight (I am quite proud of it ;D).
    The game is monetized with Chartboost and in app currency to upgrade your car. I wanted to release this game as early as possible to learn fast and make my mistakes as early as possible.
    I learned that lesson from my last game "Raccoon Rumble", which was quite polished on release but didn't do too well, even after optimization updates. :(

I'd love to hear your ideas feedback or questions.
    Of course I wouldn't mind some nice reviews on Google Play or the App Store. :)

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/driving-reckless/id773164971
    Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vidiludi.drivingreckless

$mini_teaser02.jpg

2. domkia

domkia

This looks really nice ;). I like the artwork and how car behaves. Guys check it out!! :D

3. Ethan

Ethan

4. Ethan

Ethan

Small update on Driving Reckless:

It has seen over 250,000 downloads now in the first 3 months which is awesome.
    Those downloads split almost equally between iOS and Android.

It's all about finding the right niches - that's what I learned from my game Raccoon Rumble, which is a great game but still a financial flop. :(
    Nobody searches for Raccoon nor random physics puzzles (anymore). Don't create such games if you can't afford buying downloads later.

Of course I already updated Driving Reckless with more content and polish (see picture). :)

Tell me what you think or if your have any questions,
    Cheers
    e

$Screen-Shot-2014-03-18-at-12.40.58.png