Search Unity

Drivable Mech

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by hellcaller, Sep 14, 2016.

1. hellcaller

hellcaller

Working on this guy to add to Alien sky pack

Billy4184 likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

It's a really cool idea the drivable part, but the mech animations look very lite and smooth. It would be really cool to see more weight added to each step, by delaying the knee bent pose for 3-10 more frames then slamming the leg down in front of the mech - the chassis's weight lowering down when the forward leg catches the weight. Almost as if the mech is stomping, but not too much. To accentuate this heavy stepping motion the upper body would also have some momentum which make it lurch (in control) left/right and forward/back.
    I also think some subtle/small mechanical twitch-e-ness wouldn't look bad, might even look cool at random times on specific pieces, like the upper leg and shoulders. Not zombie brainless twitch-e-ness, more like mechanical motorized/hydraulic twitches which happen when high pressure and torque are applied to a joint or a high pressure hose/compartment/valve.

I created some pretty nice mech cycles for a client about a year ago. I'm not allowed to show it publicly due to privacy agreement, however I can show it in private. PM me if you'd like to check it out. It might provide a nice visual of what I attempted to explain above.
    Or - I'm sure Titalfall and other mech games have some good reference examples. :)

hellcaller likes this.