Search Unity

Games DRIFT MATRIX ~ Small Game Inspired by Wipeout HD

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by BlueBolt_, Mar 11, 2019.

1. BlueBolt_

BlueBolt_

Hi, I've just updated a game that I have on Play store, It's a small game inspired by "Wipeout HD" if any one knows that game... which I pretty much enjoyed.it took me few weeks so far.
    I'm looking for honest feedback especially on how to improve UI, Controls, Gameplay elements. I don't care if it's bad, bring it on so I can keep improving it.

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NewSystem.DriftMatrix

gif:
    https://media.giphy.com/media/L46a9vob0S3gOThLi4/giphy.gif

Gameplay video:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  2. BlueBolt_

BlueBolt_

I received the following notes, which i'll proceed to work on!

-More ships
    -Better progression
    -Track obstacles

Please let me know what else would also help to improve the game

3. ClaudiaTheDev

ClaudiaTheDev

I think polishing the graphics would help a lot to attract players.

Everything looks kinda thrown together:
    -the ship has a lowpoly toon style
    -the road has a toon style but kinda realistic light/shadow
    -the mountains looks realistic, the clouds too

Escpecially the mountains do not fit the other things. You should aim for a consistent art style. I would try to make the sky and mountaisn more toon like. Also the dark line around the white road stripes kinda looks strange.

And perhaps you can play more with light and color.
    For example make the scene darker with a blue tint (like night) so the ship, stripes and road could glow nicely (for example with emission shaders).

RavenOfCode likes this.
  4. BlueBolt_

BlueBolt_

Hi everyone, I would like to share [DRIFT MATRIX] for another round of feedback as I just updated it Improving overall look, Gameplay and content and would like pointers.

Mainly would like to know what the difficulty is like for people touching it for first time, i can't tell if it's easy, just right or difficult as i been playing this for awhile now

by the way, the gameplay video is of the older version, I will update with new video soon.

and this would be really appreciated, thank you

5. spawnpointgaming

spawnpointgaming

Hi BlueBolt_,

I have given your game a try and it has some potential.However, I would like to suggest some fixes that me and my 3 QA tester friends have suggested that might help you.
    • UI of the Main Menu is not that attractive.
    • Game has a blocker after completing level 1.
    • Endless mode can be more interesting for example 'Speed Increased !' can be more presentable.
    • UI if Main menu and After game pop-up should be solid as user is unable to see buttons clearly such as 'Return'.
    • Title of the game can be more creative.
    • You can add different colors of ships to engage more players
    • And so on...

If you would like to get more details regarding bug or suggestions, please drop me an email at spawnpoint2019@gmail.com.
    Me and my friends would love to give you more detailed info and help you find bugs so that you can increase your downloads.
    We have an experience of around 3 years as QA testers and we love trying new games and finding bugs!
    Hope it helps!
    Good Day!