Search Unity

DrawMeshInstanced and material property blocks

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Culzean, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Culzean

Culzean

I'm trying to assign an instanced property to my shader. This is rendered 128 times using DrawMeshInstanced and each position is indeed unique. However I wish to update a vector4 values each time I am rendering this, which I am trying to do via a material property block.

I access the property via:

UNITY_INSTANCING_CBUFFER_START(propertyBlock)
    UNITY_DEFINE_INSTANCED_PROP(float4, _AnimatonFrame)
    UNITY_INSTANCING_CBUFFER_END

and in the vertex shader like so UNITY_ACCESS_INSTANCED_PROP(_AnimatonFrame);

The property block is updated using .SetVectorArray("_AnimationFrame", vecList);

yet it appears no property is getting send to the shader, does anyone have any ideas why this would be?

Attached Files:

2. jknight-nc

jknight-nc

I have my instanced property declared like this:
    UNITY_INSTANCING_CBUFFER_START(Props)
    UNITY_DEFINE_INSTANCED_PROP(fixed4, _Color) // Make _Color an instanced property (i.e. an array)
    UNITY_INSTANCING_CBUFFER_END

3. Culzean

Culzean

@jknight-nc I have my instanced property defined as _AnimatonFrame ("AnimationFrame", Vector) = (1, 1, 1, 1)
    I don't see the difference. Any thoughts?

4. Culzean

Culzean

I have fixed it now, working as intended. I have a spelling mistake between my shader property and what was set in my property block. damn dyslexia

5. jknight-nc

jknight-nc

I thought the "UNITY_INSTANCING_CBUFFER_START(Props)" being different from "UNITY_INSTANCING_CBUFFER_START(propertyBlock)" was going to be the problem