Search Unity

drawling tablet with unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hesanda80, Jan 6, 2019.

1. hesanda80

hesanda80

I was considering buying a drawling tablet. I have a question before buying. I have seen videos of blizzard using drawling tablet to create terrain, placing objects and texturing terrain. My question is can any of the drawling tablets out there work with unity3d in the same way blizzard uses one?

2. hesanda80

hesanda80

Anyone if grahpic drawling tablet works with unity

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry, what is a drawling tablet? What are the specs, CPU speed, memory, HD/SSD and graphics?

4. hesanda80

hesanda80

Drawing Tablet (didnt see my mistake)
    Model Number: 10594
    Active Drawing Area: 10" x 6.25"
    Drawing Resolution: 4000 lines per inch
    Report Rate: 200 reports/second
    Pressure Sensitivity: 2048 levels
    Express Keys: 8
    Hot Cells: 16
    Windows Compatibility: XP and later
    Mac OS X Compatibility: 10.4.x and later

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

6. codegasm

codegasm

Presuming you mean the Monoprice Graphic Drawing Tablet then that is just an input device like any other. Unity should handle it like any other mouse or tablet. If you can do it with a mouse in Unity then it should work with this device also.

7. Vectorbox

Vectorbox

I haven't tried a Monoprice 10594, but my Wacom Intuos Medium works well for terrain height and texture painting. It's also good for modelling in Blender.

8. hesanda80

hesanda80

Thanks for replies. I wanted something that would work with terrain building instead of using the mouse.

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

10. Vectorbox

Vectorbox

You should be fine with any decent graphics tablet. I opted for the Wacom based on build quality, battery-free pen and Bluetooth connectivity.

11. ha01501

ha01501

I agree, you can try the drawing tablet of Wacom and XP-PEN.

12. shouban

shouban

I can't speak much for other brands but I do enjoy my XP-Pen tablets. I have a XP-Pen Deco Pro Medium Android Drawing Tablet at work , it’s pretty big ( 11 x 6 inch active area ) and has 8 shortcut keys. Support Pen tilt and pressure .

I mainly use it to digital painting, but very often i end up doing a lot of stuff at the same time, painting sprites, throwing them on unity, coding, then photoshop again... . So it flows much better to just use the tablet for everything instead of switching to the mouse everytime i will use another software. And as mentioned it really helps preventing fatigue from repetitive tasks like clicking the mouse button, i suffer a lot from this.

You can be a lot more accurate with a tablet, and if you use/make any painting plugins, it's super useful to have one. As an aside, you can get access to the pen pressure with the old GUI event system.