Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Drawing lines in editor GUI? [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Extensions & OnGUI' started by invicticide, Apr 29, 2010.

1. invicticide

invicticide

Looking through the script reference, I can see how to draw a line in the 3D scene view, but what if I have a custom EditorWindow and I want to draw some 2D lines in that? Like the interface you see in the built-in animation editor, for example?

Am I just totally blind? I can't find any functions for that. :(

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You can use this script on the wiki.

--Eric

3. invicticide

invicticide

Thanks!

There is something sublimely hilarious about the fact that this particular implementation is actually necessary... but I'll run with it. :D

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

the animation editor uses the curve related stuff. You can look that up

5. kelmer

kelmer

Hi all,

I tried this snippet of code, but it doesn't seem to be working properly for me, if I set vectorA to (0,0) and vectorB to (100, 100) the line starts at the left side of the screen, but on an arbitrary Y-axis point. Like, maybe at the (0,100) with 0,0 being the top left.

If I set vectorB to (200, 200) then, the arbitrary Y-axis point is drawn closer to the bottom.

Maybe I'm getting this wrong, but if vectorA is the same on both cases, shouldn't it always start at the (0,0) position (top left)?

6. andeeeee

andeeeee

Are you changing the GUI matrix elsewhere in your script? Please post the script here if possible.

7. kelmer

kelmer

Copied the DrawLine script from the wiki, then from my otherwise empty class tried now to translate Js mousefollow script to C#:

Code (csharp):
    1.   void OnGUI(){
    2.         Vector2 pointA = new Vector2(Screen.width / 2, Screen.height / 2);
    3.         Vector2 pointB = new Vector2(Input.mousePosition.x, Screen.height - Input.mousePosition.y);
    4.         Drawing.DrawLine(pointA, pointB, Color.red, 2);
    6.         //Drawing.DrawLine(new Vector2(0, 0), new Vector2(200, 200), Color.red, 2);
    7.     }

Point A does not stay at the center but keeps moving.

The commented line below was my previous attempt to draw lines from 0,0.

8. cgiguy

cgiguy