Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted Drawing free lines is displaced on 34" monitor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Igx, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Igx

Igx

Hi, recently I've got a 34" monitor (3440x1440) and I have an issue when I draw free lines on a scene. Drawing is displaced in some distance from mouse cursor and not at cursor's position as it should:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhu27bnvbn0la7e/editor.mp4?dl=0

If I drag unity to my old 27" 1080p (I use it as a second extended), then no problem, drawing is correct. How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Igx

Igx

Thank you for the answer!

Not very familiar with the "insides" of editor (Unity 2019), or this forum. I'll pass your idea to the programmer.

Since it works ok in the 1080p monitor thought it might need some setting change in editor for working with a 34" one, which I ignore.

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Depending on how the canvas and/or scaling is set up you can get wrong results.

To test right in the editor, go to the game window and create a new custom resolution... it can be just about any size really. Find the res of your problematic monitor and set it in the other guys editor and he should be able to repro your error.

unityunity