Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Draw a perfect ring

Discussion in '2D' started by Djo_krd, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Djo_krd

Djo_krd

Hello.
    I want to draw a small 2D ring that will expand over time, but at the same time do not lose quality and remain constant in thickness.
    I trying to draw a ring in photoshop, import it as sprite and start scaling it - quality was poor and thickness is not constant.
    How can I achieve my goal?
    Thanx in advance!

2. migueltuliompg

migueltuliompg

I'm a bit late but have you tried vector graphics? I think there's a package that lets you import vector graphics.

Djo_krd and LiterallyJeff like this.
  3. LiterallyJeff

LiterallyJeff

Could be done with a LineRenderer by generating positions around a circle, then scaling the line renderer object. Could also probably be done using Unity's Create -> Sprite editor option to make a procedural circle and then masking it with an inner circle. Could also be done using a material that renders rings.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Djo_krd and migueltuliompg like this.
  4. Djo_krd

Djo_krd

is there any free packages for importing svg? do you mean unity asset store?

5. Djo_krd

Djo_krd

I will try that, thanx!

6. LiterallyJeff

LiterallyJeff

Unity has "Vector Graphics" package built-in, you can install it via the package manager window if you use the "advanced" dropdown and enable preview packages.

migueltuliompg likes this.
  7. Djo_krd

Djo_krd

I enable show preview, but Loading packages loops forever and there is no Vector Graphics package available.
    upload_2019-8-14_20-18-5.png

Attached Files:

8. migueltuliompg

migueltuliompg

Try selecting "All packages" and "Preview packages" multiple times. That's what I had to do to get it to show up.

9. Djo_krd

Djo_krd

I download vector graphics package manually and import my svg circle, but how to animate it shape? I dont want animate scale, because it change thickness.

unityunity