Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Dramatic increase in Sessions per DAU with very short playtimes

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Lewsk55, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Lewsk55

Lewsk55

Around Dec. 10th, I saw a dramatic increase "Sessions per DAU" in my "Game Performance" dashboard for my game demo. This coincided with a dramatic drop in session length (roughly from ~4-5 minutes to 30-60 seconds for the median session length). These major changes in analytics didn't line up with any updates to my demo, streamer pickup, etc, so the massive change in session length and "Sessions per DAU" came as a big surprise.

Is it possible these are bots? My session length analytics seem to be inaccurate at the moment, which makes it really difficult to see if a more recent update I released (in late December) is impacting my playtimes.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Lewsk55

Lewsk55

Bumping this -- is there any way to ensure that session length analytics are accurate and based on real players? Ever since the "sessions per DAU" metric went way up suspiciously in mid-Dec, I haven't been able to pull much meaningful information from Unity Analytics. Would appreciate any ideas here! Thanks.

If it helps, I've attached my session length and sessions per DAU metrics so you can see when the latter went way up (but sent my session lengths way down).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  3. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Hi Lweks55,

Let me look into this and get back to you ASAP. Apologies for the delay!

Best,
    Randy

4. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Hi again Lewks55,

Could you PM me your Organization ID so I can investigate your data directly? This is something I've heard a report about recently but for the life of me, I can't find it in my notes. It'll speed up the process.

Best,
    Randy

5. Lewsk55

Lewsk55