Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Drag drop not working for my project folders. Assets can't be dragged in anymore

Discussion in '2017.3 Beta' started by megabrobro, Dec 11, 2017.

1. megabrobro

megabrobro

Hi all, I started another thread about this somewhere on this site so I will try to keep it brief for now.

I used to have older Unity, while back I updated to "Latest Stable" , which had some issues with editing the inspector values (which made that version unusable for me)

I then downloaded "Patched version" and now I cannot drag any files (such as textures, fonts, audios, scripts, etc, etc, etc) into Project view. Before updating I was able to drag all those filetypes and more straight into Unity (which when I first did I was amazed by!! but now I virtually rely on it :S)

So since updating from Unity 5 to 2017.1 I have had some kind of problem each time which means I needed to update. I've tried several Beta versions and patches. (NB. The current version Im using is 2017.3.0f2 - beta release.)

I can't go back to 2017.2 because the inspector value entry is worse than this.
    There was a reason I updated from 2017.1 which i can't even remember now (I think it was network error messages and connectivity issues)

I really don't want to go back to Unity 5.x

Does anyone else have this issue? As always, I hope this isn't "desired behaviour" for the new Unity

Thanks

2. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

Hi Megabrobro,
    Are you talking about dragging assets from a Windows folder into Unity?
    There is a known issue with this if your Unity is started as an 'administrator' and Windows won't let you perform the action.
    Can you check if it's the case and report back here?
    Thanks!

megabrobro likes this.
  3. megabrobro

megabrobro

Hi Charles

Thanks so much. I unchecked "Run As Administrator" in the exe properties in Windows and all is working lovely again. Not sure how it managed to become checked, maybe i did it without remembering ?!?

Seems odd, as most things on Windows 10 if anything need that to be checked.

Nevertheless, thank you again for pointing out the answer. And I confirm I can now drag files in as normal

charlesb_rm likes this.
  4. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

I'll ask our QA team to verify if the installer is doing this...

5. megabrobro

megabrobro

Sure, but I have a feeling it might have been me, as I had some trouble with unrelated software and I had to check that box, so maybe somehow i mistakenly did it for Unity also

charlesb_rm likes this.