Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Drag and drop sprites to animations no longer work

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by FurretUber, Dec 14, 2016.

1. FurretUber

FurretUber

Hello

After I update Unity3D from 5.4.1f1 to 5.5.0f3, it's no longer possible to drag and drop the sprites to the animation frames when developing 2D projects.

When I select a sprite and drag it to the frame where I would like to use it, I believe the sprite should be dropped in the animation frame which I was hovering with the mouse. However, the Editor looks like it simply ignores the selection and the drag and drop, consequently nothing happens.

As a workaround, when I have to change the animation, I have to delete the animation, select the desired sprites with Ctrl+Left Click and then create the animation with the same name. Gladly, most of its parameters are kept.

I have updated Unity3D to 5.6.0b1 but this version has the same error. Even worse, if I minimize Unity3D and restores it, the editor crashes. I uploaded the log file with the crash.

I am using Lubuntu 16.04, I have tested with both xfwm4 and openbox window managers, both have the same issues.

Attached Files:

2. mgear

mgear

3. FurretUber

FurretUber

I have read your post and the Unity3D logs of my error. Looks like it is not the same error. The one I am having can even crash Unity3D after minimized. At least, I have found nothing regarding the undo function.

I just had another Unity3D crash after trying to add sprites to the animation. I have noticed some error messages in the log. One of them is about a error in the Chromium sandbox, another is about GPU, then there is another about XML, then another error about AudioPluginOculusSpatializer.so, then, finally, the crash:
    There are so many errors with this version, the 5.4 had only the ones regarding Chromium and the GPU errors. May this have something to do with the fact I have installed the complete (unless the http server) solution of the monodevelop?

Edit: I have made additional tests, and there are messages related to the undo function, but they are different, so initially I supposed it had nothing to do with the undo function. I'm sorry.

This message is repeated 25 times in this crash log, but this amount differs between crash logs:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  4. tenzolinho

tenzolinho

whyyyyyyyyy is this still a bug in 2019 FOR GOD SAKE?

5. PixelJ

PixelJ

Unity Technologies

6. premedios

premedios

This is also happening to me but not getting any errors. The mouse cursor stays as "not allowed". I have to drag the sprites to the scene to get prompted to create a new animation asset. It's like the animation editor is disabled if it has nothing inside. It's not because I don't have a PRO subscription right?

unityunity