Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Drag and drop conversion of complex 2d Spriter animations to native Unity animations

Discussion in '2D' started by loocid, Jul 4, 2014.

1. loocid

loocid

Hello Unity users,
    This is Edgar from BrashMonkey, the creators of 2d animation tool called Spriter.I just wanted to drop by and let everyone know that our community has recently developed a really fantastic importer package for Unity called Spriter2Unity. This allows you to just drop your Spriter projects into Unity to automatically import for use as native Unity animations:

Spriter2Unity is still in active development and you can help by contributing code and feedback here

Here's a quick video showing the import process.

2. xCyborg

xCyborg

So glad to hear that Spriter2Unity is still active, I trust FFD, bones and IK are imported as well, and what about atlases and Unity's built-in SpriteRenderers and Atlas? is there any chance Spriter2Unity becomes an integrated runtime for spriter?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  3. xCyborg

xCyborg

It appears the second link is broken!

4. BigManzo

BigManzo

>Good, very good!

5. Vitor_r

Vitor_r

6. ciapoide121

ciapoide121

Hi Edgar and everybody,

looks like after Unity5 (amazing!) has been released, this Spriter2Unity is not working anymore. This is the error it returns:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Error    1    'UnityEditor.AnimationUtility.SetAnimationType(UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEditor.ModelImporterAnimationType)' is obsolete: '"SetAnimationType is no longer supported"'  
    3. E:\Unity\Projects\ <...> \Assets\ThirdParty\Spriter2Unity\Editor\Unity\AnimationBuilder.cs  
    Maybe an upgrade is in the works? ^^'

Best !!

7. ciapoide121

ciapoide121

8. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi uniters,
    I recently discovered the Spriter software (used Spine until)...I need Spriter to making animations for Unity (v 4.6.1f), planning to buy the Spiter PRO version but I have some issues and I'm wondering if are there solutions for this problems:

First of all for some animations when are imported I get this error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Quaternion To Matrix conversion failed because input Quaternion is invalid {-1.#IND00, -1.#IND00, -1.#IND00, -1.#IND00} l=-1.#IND00
    2. UnityEditor.AnimationUtility:GetCurveBindings(AnimationClip)
    3. UnityEditorInternal.AnimationWindowState:get_allCurves() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimationWindowState.cs:237)
    4. UnityEditorInternal.AnimationWindowHierarchyDataSource:FetchData() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimationWindowHierarchyDataSource.cs:43)
    5. UnityEditor.TreeView:ReloadData()
    6. UnityEditorInternal.AnimationWindowHierarchyDataSource:UpdateData() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimationWindowHierarchyDataSource.cs:146)
    7. UnityEditorInternal.AnimationWindowState:Refresh() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimationWindowState.cs:525)
    8. UnityEditorInternal.AnimationWindowState:OnGUI() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationWindow/AnimationWindowState.cs:70)
    9. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
    ..this error generates strange behavior for this particular animation, video example: View My Video

Please help me as soon as possible...Thanks in advance !

9. zenGarden

zenGarden

It is the problem remaining ?

I had also a plan to buy Spriter Pro and i would like to know if it works with Unity 5 ?

10. Xelnath

Xelnath

11. zenGarden

zenGarden

I just read that :
    And only that means a no go.
    Because the author dropping Unity support makes the tool useless, specially if you encounter bugs.

12. Xelnath

Xelnath

You can be feel that way if you wish - but honestly the tool works just fine in unity 5.

If you are using Unity and can't code in C#... I think you may want to re-evaluate your platform usage.

13. zenGarden

zenGarden

Who are you to say i can't use C# ? who say i don' t know many languages ?
    Also did you know 3D artist make games using playmaker because they don't know C#.
    What arrogance :eek:

14. Xelnath

Xelnath

Look, I get it, using someone else's stuff is agonizing.

However, arrogance is refusing to use a tool that dramatically helps you, and you know how to debug (you know C#) because someone else isn't maintaining it... while it still works.

If dramatically broken, I could easily agree with you.

15. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

Does this work on Mac version of Unity?