Search Unity

Download Tutorial Videos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frederickwichert, Apr 26, 2019.

1. frederickwichert

frederickwichert

Hey guys and girls,

I hope you can help me.
    Following situation:
    Unfortuently I won´t have internet acces during the weekend, but I still want to improve and learn.
    To make it as short as possible, do you think I am allowed to download the videos so I can watch them later on?

Thank you all for your help in advance,
    I am hoping for a fast answer ^^

2. Socrates

Socrates

This is NOT a legal answer regarding copyright.

IF you specifically mean videos from the Unity Learn section, then a Unity employee (Adam Buckner I think) was part of a discussion about people doing exactly what you want to do, so Unity seems not to have a problem with downloading and learning from the videos when you do not have internet access.

Something to remember -- and this is what the discussion was about, actually -- is that Unity will put those YouTube comments into the videos when things are changed or updated, or when mistakes in the video are noticed. If you run into problems with the steps in a video, you may need to go back to the original video later and watch through that part of it to see if anything pops up.

frederickwichert likes this.
  3. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

I systematically download the videos related to the tutorial I'm working on; I have quite a collection now. :)

I would lie if I said that it ever bothered me that maybe downloading them was illegal; it appears that following the videos on site is impractical at best, which is why I decided that I would download them. Also, I'm a little paranoid, always afraid that my favourite videos would disappear one day or another.

Now, maybe @Aurore could tell us more about that?

4. Jajakrusso

Jajakrusso

I can advise one of the best, in my opinion. It is necessary to use only high-quality products, but I believe that you should not pay for this, because this one is cool https://videoeditor.com/mac.html. And I am very pleased with this, I use it oftenly. There are others, but this satisfies me

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  5. frederickwichert

frederickwichert

Shoutout to all of you, thats exaclty what I wanted to know. I am happy about such helpful and friendly answers. You really helped me out.
    Thank you! ^^