Search Unity

Download specific assets only for one of the image target of multiple target image database

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by danieilng21, Mar 20, 2018.

1. danieilng21

danieilng21

It is possible make AR App to only download certain set of assets instead of all assets, correspondence to only one of the images from multiple image target database(cloud reco)?

Since only 1 target image will appear in the AR scene at a time. I do not want all the assets been downloaded to the app from the server only to be destroyed later if it is not useful to the image target.

How to script it? Any sample reference?

2. theolagendijk

theolagendijk

Hi danieilng21,
    This question does not appear to be specific to Vuforia, right?
    I can see a lot of value in a sort of a general AR browser that only downloads what it needs at the time that it needs it ( determined by the trackable that's being identified or by a choice in menu ). Maybe you could even build it so that you can add additional trackables and content without updating the app. You will have to write some code to get it to work and generate Asset Bundles per platform per trackable. And don't forget to pay some attention to the user experience so the waiting for the downloads isn't annoying. I might be overlooking something but I don't think there's any Vuforia stuff stopping you from building this "download specific asset" solution.
    Great plan. Might be helpful to have a look around in the Asset Bundles forum too.

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.