Search Unity

[DOWNLOAD NOW] Forge Networking FREE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Brent_Farris, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Brent_Farris

Brent_Farris

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. Most of our support is via email and live chat (Discord). Here is the brand new documentation for Forge Networking with tons of examples :) http://docs.forgepowered.com/

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I just registered and tried to download the free evaluation version of Forge, but instead of giving me a download, the download link from my profile just gave me this:

Hardly inspiring confidence... What's the dealio?

3. Brent_Farris

Brent_Farris

Thanks for the update! We originally owned 2 domain names and forgearcade was an old one. We must have forgotten to update the link to forgepowered, I'll be updating this now.

However, as a warning, the Free version of Forge Networking no longer reflects the current version of Forge Networking (Remastered). It is a very old version of Forge Networking (Classic) and will be taken down until we are able to create a secure build of Forge Networking Remastered for free evaluation. If you would like to take a quick look at how Forge Networking Remastered works, check out our new playlist for the jumpstart guide. We are in the middle of making this series so it is quite up to date:

YouTube Playlist:

For even more information, please review our docs: http://docs.forgepowered.com/

JoeStrout likes this.
  4. yumianhuli1

yumianhuli1

Hello!
    1 Does no CCU/DAU cost means ForgeNetwork is a P2P network plugin?
    2 If I run a java master server as a webhosting server,and the server tell client A(internet IP and LAN IP of B ) same with client B,then your ForgeNetwork start P2P data transfer between two clients ,right?
    Thank U!

5. Brent_Farris

Brent_Farris

Hello! :D

Nope, every bit of data goes through the server, clients do not communicate directly with each other.

We have a built in server technology so there is no need to run a Java server, however if you were to need to then you can communicate with Forge using our custom protocols (message headers and footers)