Search Unity

Download new version via Hub always on drive C:

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by heinzw45, Aug 12, 2018.

1. heinzw45

heinzw45

Hi,
    I have Unizy installed on drive D:. My system drive is C: with little space left. When I try to download the newest version via Unity Hub, it tries to use drive C: without giving me the possibility to change it. Since there is not enough space on C: the download fails.
    Any suggestions what to do?
    Thank you
    Heinz

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    In the current version of unity hub, you can change the destination for editors installation in the setting menu in the header.

Best,
    Afshin

3. Foriero

Foriero

Afshin, he is clearly addressing the unfortunate temp download directory issue we have spoken in other threads. Why you give such a vague answer to his issue instead of talking straight. Please finally let us choose wherw to dowload all downloads and not delete anything if user chooses so. Thank you, Marek

4. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Sorry, if I misunderstand the question. I was not trying to give a vague answer.

As Marek mentioned, the ability to choose download (not install) location of the editor is not shipped as part of the current version of the hub.

This feature is in our backlog, and we will address it in future releases.

5. BangingRocks

BangingRocks

This is a key issue for me as well. Small SSD c drive, big d drive. Desperately need multiple unity environments, can'd do it because of the temporary directory.

6. Foriero

Foriero

Well this simple feature is there more than half year. The worlds' cost of tired ssds from unity hub downloads will be in hundred of thousands dollars. Adding the cost of bandwidth for each team member we are in milions. :)

7. mathieub

mathieub

Unity Technologies

Hi @BangingRocks, @Foriero,

Thank you for your suggestions!
    The feature request is definitely in our backlog and it will land in the next major version of the Hub.

8. crawfis

crawfis

It does not seem to be in Hub 2.0!!! I cannot install Unity at all. Perhaps I should just switch to Unreal! Cleaned up everything possible on my SSD drive. Unity now requires over 17GB. I guess it needs 30 to install.

9. crawfis

crawfis

Ok. It looks like it only took about 2-3GB's on the C drive to download and install the 17+GB Unity 2019.3.03a. Having this information would be very valuable to everyone suffering through this. My 10th time trying this may finally work.

10. Foriero

Foriero

This custom download path with keeping the files we have downloaded and script that will reinstall all in case of emergency would be really really handy guys.