Search Unity

Bug Download files from CCD keep failing

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by optimise, Jan 19, 2022.

1. optimise

optimise

Up until now CCD is still not really stable and needs to further improve network infrastructure. Maybe it's only happen at SEA region I dunno but my CCD experience is really bad. The download keep failing at my Android game client and I always need to restart game to retry download. Sometimes there's no issue and able to download smoothly until 100% but recently needs to keep restarting to finish download bar. I dun think I can ship this kind of quality to production for player as the game will definitely get 1 star review. Or is there any configuration at Addressable that I can tweak it to make it auto retry download to mitigate the issue?

2. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi optimise,
    our team will contact you shortly through direct message to get your organizationID and projectID so we can further help you with the issues you are experiencing.

Any pertinent notes gathered from our chats will be posted here for future visitors

Best,
    Seb

optimise likes this.
  3. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hello again optimise,
    It seems that your forum user is not accepting direct messages. Could you please try sending me a direct message with the following information:
    • organisationID
    • projectID
    • timestamps where you were experiencing issues.
    Additionally it is possible to retry downloads with the following steps:
    1. Go to the Addressable Groups window
    2. Select the group
    3. Under Content Packing & Loading > Advanced Options
    4. Update Retry Count to desired number
    note: this can be also be done highlighting multiple groups

Best,
    Seb

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    optimise likes this.
  4. optimise

optimise

@Unity_SebT Erm. Weird. I believe I didn't do any special setting or can u guide where can I do the setting to unblock it? Anyway I already pm u.

5. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi optimise,

We looked in the database for your Production and Test buckets everything looked great no errors. However we did see a fair number of errors for your staging bucket. Usually this happens because badging workflow isn't setup quite right. Could you share your process for compiling and testing in your staging environment?

Thanks look forward to your response.

6. optimise

optimise

@Unity_SebT Forget to mention that the timestamps I provided actually is develop environment. From what I observe after using CCD for some time, I found that occasionally when CCD backend start to become unstable, file download will become super slow like single digit kb/s or just completely failed the download and need to restart game app to make all files download successfully. I think the situation is like remote config backend that it will have some period time it will become unstable.

I believe my setup is correct that didn't use any badging function yet. So I expect CCD will just apply my latest new uploaded release by default. But yeah there's sometimes I forget to upload newly updated files to CCD and make game app failed to download files properly but that's another story.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022