Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Download Assistant issues

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by orb, Jul 21, 2016.

1. orb

orb

Since RC1 I haven't been able to use Download Assistant to download the betas. I'll either get "Failed to download the installer configuration" errors while waiting for the component list, or it'll get a few megabytes of the first package and time out there. I work around it via my own hack, but the assistant shouldn't really do anything differently than the web browser does. If I can download from the extracted links, why can't the assistant?

It's failed for me in the same ways on both El Capitan and Sierra (the editor doesn't run on Sierra, but I had to try the assistant anyway). Anyone on other operating systems also having these errors?

2. oleksiy

oleksiy

Unity Technologies

Hi. May I ask you to provide the log file after time out happens?
    Perhaps the one you have already would work.
    ~/Library/Logs/Unity/DownloadAssistant.log

3. orb

orb

Sure, here's the log from El Capitan:
    I can download the same INI (http://beta.unity3d.com/download/14e9279a8947/unity-5.4.0f2-osx.ini) just fine, and the links to the packages from beta.unity3d.com all work. The installer is doing something odd if it can't continue downloads, or even fails to start them at times.

4. oleksiy

oleksiy

Unity Technologies

Thanks, I will be looking into it.

orb likes this.
  5. oleksiy

oleksiy

Unity Technologies

another thing.. could you try running the UnityDownloadAssistant like this?

/Volumes/Unity\ Download\ Assistant/Unity\ Download\ Assistant.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity\ Download\ Assistant -ua="Mozilla/5.0"

You need to run this in Terminal.app after mounting (opening) the DMG file.

6. orb

orb

That also timed out after a few megabytes :/