Search Unity

Download assets without unity hub?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by alphabeta314, Jul 28, 2019.

1. alphabeta314

alphabeta314

Our school boards it department will not allow unity hub to be installed, as it runs in the background continuously. So we install 'old versions' for the kids to learn on. I've noticed this summer, I can no longer download assets without unity hub?
    How do I download without unity hub? I guess I could use my personal laptop and download to it, then copy the assets to each childs computer, but this is a pain.
    Please stop trying to force the use of unity Hub, or make it quit and not keep running in the background!

2. bernardocng

bernardocng

Bump
    I am in of this as well as my work doesn't allow login from Unity Hub.

@ericalbers my current solution is using Unity 2018.4.6. You can go to the Asset store and login with this version without Unity Hub.

3. Shadowmage45

Shadowmage45

Feb 2020, and this is still an issue.

I've paid for an asset in the asset store. How can I download it, without using either Unity Editor, or Unity Hub? As in a direct download link? An FTP server?

Can I request refunds for previously purchased assets since they are no longer available for download?

4. mrffish

mrffish

Wow.. another dead end thread on the Unity forum, big surprise..

Hey UNITY, could you maybe hire a team to handle forum questions?! Otherwise, why even have a forum?

5. yO3lP51mX0

yO3lP51mX0

6. ColdCutCharlie

ColdCutCharlie

Purchased an assets from the unity store, because it is only offered there, to use with Godot. I have to download the nearly 6GB Unity Hub to download my 36MB asset? (Godot download just happens to be the same 36MB download size as my asset)... Glad I don't use Unity.

Draxx85 likes this.