Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"Down Hill OMG!" Playable Web Build

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by GenericGame, Sep 10, 2013.

1. GenericGame

GenericGame

build removed from facebook

Attached Files:

• $ss.jpg
      $ss.jpg
      File size:
      68.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  2. Foestar

Foestar

Controls didn't work for me, and after all the text/dialogue it went to me falling through empty space with random coins flying buy.

3. GenericGame

GenericGame

Uploading fixed version ...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  4. GenericGame

GenericGame

Turns out, after 3 days of working on the main game's scene, I failed to go back and check the before flawless tutorial scene. The tutorial only plays once forced, then optional after first run. Issues came from script mods and prefab apply from main game's scene. =/

I fixed the issue of not having audio during tutorial, not being able to control tutorial sledder which wasn't breaking, and not spawning on the generated terrain in main game scene after tutorial play.

Thanks for giving it a go. If I haven't lost your attention to this already because of those breaking issues, would love if you could try it again and this time actually be able to play the game instead of just the tutorial, without any sound at that.

5. GenericGame

GenericGame

added a YouTube video to this post.

6. Foestar

Foestar

Tried it again, this time the controls worked and I didn't fall through the ground. Also had sound on today as it wasn't 2-3 am on this try. Sounds were amusing and the game while yet simple was interesting. My only problem thus far is that the control of the character is kinda difficult. Other than that It's good.
    Also noticed coins only appeared near beginning and stopped showing up later if not appearing at all. Also, when using continue the screen goes to the nice little menu followed by a pure white screen.

7. GenericGame

GenericGame

Thanks for giving it another go. I think what's missing in the tutorial is I'm going to make more of a note to the player that the sled starts with very very little turning control. You gain control by collecting coins on each run or using boosters. I'm still trying to sort out that white screen. I believe it's a Unity Facebook Plugin issue so it's hard to reproduce the problem every time.

8. Foestar

Foestar

Yeah, I've noticed that the white screen issue is with the loading or something in the unity player. I just haven't decided if it's with my computer or the player itself. When it does that and I try to reload in it comes up with a runtime error. But when refreshed a 2nd time it goes back to working.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  9. GenericGame

GenericGame