Search Unity

Doubts regarding Asset Store.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by zharramadar, May 18, 2011.

1. zharramadar

zharramadar

Hello Everybody,

I've been working for some time in my own paged terrain extension for Unity. I've came to a point where it is fully functional for 2 of the 4 modes I plan to provide, and with 1 of the 5 terrain loading modes I pretend to have. (In fact, I did this to my RTS prototype before Asset Store existed, but seeing it now, I may perfect it and make it more user-friendly than what I needed).

My question is, I want to release my Paged Terrain system limited to loading terrains from the project assets and with only fixed world position (the paged terrain system won't move the entire world to keep always everything around (0,0,0), which can be bad for very large terrains, but very good for projects that rely on small worlds (for example, anything below a 10x10 grid of terrains) for a small fee or even free, and then sell my full Paged Terrain system, with all of its nice features (such as world centering, "round" worlds, loading from sockets, loading from WWW class requests, loading from File I/O, etc etc etc) for a "real" value.

Is that possible under current Asset Store regulations?

The other question is, I live in Brazil, and I know by having british relatives that sending money to Brazil is not often easy enough, so how Asset Store do this?

-Roger-

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Do you have a PayPal account? That's all you need.

--Eric

3. zharramadar

zharramadar

well, seems easy enough then.

The only question remaining then is about the sales model. I've read the agreement, but that part wasn't very clear for me.