Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Double Sided Unity shader from HoloToolkit does not work on Magic Leap

Discussion in 'AR' started by smenyhart, Nov 16, 2018.

1. smenyhart

smenyhart

I have a cross platform Unity app I'm trying to port to the Magic Leap. One of the shaders I use is from the HoloToolkit (for the HoloLens) but this shader also works on all other platforms I've tried, except for the Magic Leap. The shader is the one here:

https://github.com/Microsoft/MixedR...astConfigurable/FastConfigurable2Sided.shader

When I use this shader on the Magic Leap it renders all in pink like it's missing a texture, except that I have the materials configured to just use colors and no textures. The "2 Sided" part of the shader also doesn't work. I render CAD models which often have backfaces of triangles on the outside, which is why I need a 2 sided shader. The materials are also generated at runtime to match the ones in the CAD models which are loaded at runtime, which is why I need a highly configurable shader like this.

Anyone have any idea what I could do to make this shader work on the Magic Leap? Or if that isn't possible, where could I get a 2 sided shader that is as configurable as this one that does work on the Magic Leap?

2. smenyhart

smenyhart