Search Unity

Double scroll rect question

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by palmerja, Nov 14, 2017.

1. palmerja

palmerja

It is possible to have two vertical scrollrects next to each other. Where you can functionally move both simultaneously, by pressing the space between both scrollrects and they both move. Then individually, by pressing on the outside, each scroll rect moves independently?

It seems that having the two objects in the scene overlapping each other doesn't work.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. palmerja

palmerja

Having one large scrollRect and making the two preexisting scrollrects as childs, doesn't work.

3. Johannski

Johannski

This is true, if you don't handle it,m but there are some solutions out there that pass your click information on to another scrollrect. Take a look at the unityUI extensions and in specific the ScrollConflictManager:
    https://bitbucket.org/UnityUIExtens...ger.cs?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

4. palmerja

palmerja

My apologizes, seems when I wrote this I wasn't very clear. I was referencing two vertical scrolls moving in conjunction to one another, as well as, the possibility to move independently.

Thank you for the response! I am looking into using ScrollConflictManager as we speak because it also helps with another thing I was working on, cheers

I am attempting to make a canvas of similar functionality to that of an Android timer. Where you would scroll information vertically, which would update a previous menu. Seems to be more difficult than I thought, which is enjoyable :) (see below)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  5. Johannski

Johannski

Oh sorry, no your question was pretty clear, I just got carried away b the first response. As for your two vertical scroll rects I would go a similar way as the ScrollConflictManager. Just build a logic of when the drag is passed on to the scroll rects. You can then pass it on two both rects or to just one.