Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Double camera setup to draw UI without post processing: How to?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by supaworst, Apr 15, 2019.

1. supaworst

supaworst

Hello everybody, as suggested in the cinemachine forum, i post here my issue.

Basically, i need to remove the UI layer from the post processing (PPV2) to get a world space UI not affected by dof and others effects.
    I usually achieve this by creating two cameras, one that draws everything except the UI with PP and one that draws just the UI layer with depth value = 1 without PP.

Unfortynately, this technique with HDRP breaks all the PP so that is totally disabled.

Is there a solution or a workaround to achieve this?

Thanks in advance, HDRP is really powerful and the developers are making an awesome work!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  2. jRocket

jRocket

I tried doing this before but I was unable to get it to work. I believe they disabled multi-camera support some time ago. I haven't tried recently though, so there may still be a way.

This is quite unfortunate because you need a camera to render a UI in "Screen Space Camera" mode to get perspective, which is a fairly common effect. This effectively means that the screen space UI mode is broken in HDRP. I hope that this issue, if it hasn't been fixed, gets addressed before HDRP gets out of preview.

3. supaworst

supaworst

Thanks for the reply! The problem is not just the multi camera setup, in fact, it is working. The real issue is that the post processing does not work with two cameras.

Anyway, i've just read the change log of the 2019.1 version and, apparently, they've totally changed the post processing in HDRP so that now is embedded in the camera itself.

When i have some time in these days i'll give it a try and repost here.

4. supaworst

supaworst

I've just updated my project to 2019.1 and new HDRP but the dual camera setup is still broken or, maybe, i can't find a way to make it work.

Is there somebody from unity that can help me? It could be useful also for other people because i think world space UI is a quite common feature needed by game developers...

5. supaworst

supaworst

Any update? :)

6. weltbesterbatman

weltbesterbatman

Same problem here. How to draw UI Canvases over the HDRP camera?

7. Nigthwatch

Nigthwatch

since postprocessing 2.1.6 I cannot even achieve this in Standard RP. They have done something to postprocessing which messes up the clear to depth on second camera.

It would be good to know solution going forward, as if I move to LW or HD RP I will also need a work around.