Search Unity

DOTween (HOTween v2), a Unity tween engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Demigiant, Aug 5, 2014.

1. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

You don't have to remove anything except for the files directly installed || created by the DOTween asset.
    Ignore the "namespace not found" errors you see in the console when you delete DOTween.
    Those namespace errors are resolved when you re-import DOTween.

Here's the official word on upgrading:
    http://dotween.demigiant.com/support.php

Try one. Try both. Try neither. Up to you.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  2. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

DoTween [not pro] v1.2.335
    Unity 2019.3.13
    Windows machine.

No errors here.

3. Ghetaldus

Ghetaldus

I did try to delete DoTween and then reimport it. It goes fine doing that, but after reimporting DoTween Utility Panel it says "Waiting for import to finish". Removing DoTween asmdef produces errors for other assemblies that depends on it and then import process does not complete because of that.

4. Ghetaldus

Ghetaldus

Attached here is empty project with only DoTween imported where error is reproducible.
    Unity 2019.3.13f1, latest free DoTween from asset store (v1.2.335) and also windows 10 machine.
    You must have created asmdef file and you do not need other assemblies in the project to reproduce this error.
    Just go in to "Setup DoTween" and try pressing "Apply" and you should get above error in console.

Attached Files:

5. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

You've already Setup DOTween and created ASMDEF files based on the DOTween modules that have been setup.
    There is a big yellow button compelling you to Remove ASMDEF ... if you want to run setup again.
    Maybe he should have made the button red ...

6. RawProductionDev

RawProductionDev

Hey, I have DoTween, DoTween pro, playmaker and DoTween Actions for playmaker and I have issue. I made an app using resolution of iPhone X (1125x2436) and all tweens are working perfectly. I have just normal UI tweens like "Transform Move Y" to "1400" to open menu and "Transform Move Y" to "0" to close it. All works nicely on iphone X but when I move to phone with diffrent resolution then I have a big issue because menu is moving for example out of the screen etc.

How to fix it?

7. Ghetaldus

Ghetaldus

Ah ok, you have to remove ASMDEF before you can run setup again. Did not know that. Thanks!

FuguFirecracker likes this.
  8. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

9. odan-travis

odan-travis

How can I prevent a tween from resetting to its original state at the beginning of a new loop? i.e. make it use the previous loops goal as a starting point for the next one.

edit: SetLoop has a second parameter (LoopType) which can achieve this by using LoopType.Incremental

10. odan-travis

odan-travis

Another question: How can I have objects look along their travel direction, especially with tweens that change direction often (like DOJump, etc.)? Or at least, can I retrieve an objects current velocity somehow? (even if it has no rigid body) so I can do it myself.

11. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

12. Abended

Abended

Testing moving my project to XR. My tweens are kind of jittery in XR and buttery smooth in the old VR input system. Anybody seeing this? XR is kinda jittery anyhow, but the tweens are really noticable - at least to me it seems like I am dropping frames? I guess I can put the tool on and see if that's true...

*Edit: frame drop is no different in either version of the project. so it does not contribute to the new jankyness.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  13. Exentro

Exentro

Hello,
    Got a weird bug and pretty sure DoTween is the culprit. It actually works in the editor but not in android build (not tested on any other platform).
    The context is a pause/resume functionnality over a open/close ui menu.
    • When the button that open the menu is clicked, it triggers 2 DoTween Animation components by id (they have the same string id)
      • the first fade in a clickable background and set it active from the OnPlay section.
      • the second move the ui from outside of the screen and have 2 callbacks in the OnPlay:
        • It enable the ui menu.
        • call to a method a controller (OpenMenu()) in a parent gameobject (parent of the prefab)
    • When the clickable background is clicked, it also triggers 2 DoTween Animation components by id
      • the first fade out the clickable background and set it inactive from the OnPlay section
      • the second move the ui out of the screen and have 2 callbacks in the OnComplete section :
        • disable the ui
        • call a method to a controller (CloseMenu()) in the parent root of the prefab
    • The four DoTween Animation components are on the same gameobject and targets siblings (the background and the menu, 2 on each).
    The issue: CloseMenu() or OpenMenu may not be called. Sometime it the move outside the screen is not played as well.

No clues in unity logcat.
    The pause itself is implemented using the unity timescale (0f for pause, 1 for play), but all 4 components have "ignore timescale" checked. I suspect the dotween to be silently killed before completion.
    Again It works fine in the editor but fails in the android build.

Does anyone have any idea on what could cause the issue ?

14. IceTrooper

IceTrooper

DOTween Pro - transform.DoRotateAround - is there anything like that? How to achieve that rotation around the point in an elegant way? I saw threads and replies from 2015 that it will be added, but didn't find that method.

15. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

Bam!
    & Bigger Bam!!!

IceTrooper likes this.
  16. pradf4i

pradf4i

I upgraded to DoTween pro recently in a project that contains another asset - Doozy UI that utilizes Dotween. Now the animations stopped working with error - "DOTWEEN ► Duplicate DOTweenComponent instance found in scene: destroying it" . Any thoughts or recommendations to fix/workaround this?

17. dav_ege

dav_ege

I am using Rigidbody2D.DOMove and tried adding the rigidbodies velocity to another object, but regardless of my objects speed, the rigidbody always shows a velocity of 0. Is there a workaround for this? I could not find how the method actually moves the rigidbody so i am not sure how to approach this problem.

18. Clavus

Clavus

Hm why is there no DOBlendablePunchPosition or DOBlendablePunchScale? There is a DOBlendablePunchRotation.

19. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

The answer is literally at the top of this page.
    Delete [ or simply do not import ] the DoozyUI implementation of DOTween

Easy fix:
    1) Delete DoozyUI DOTween folder
    2) Import && Setup DOTweenPro
    3) ???
    4) Profit !

Failing that,. I'm sure the DoozyUI team will tell you exactly what to do.

20. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

I've often wondered why there are "hotdogs" and no "hotcats" ...

21. Clavus

Clavus

Don't quite know what you're getting at.

I'm trying to 'stack' position punches by having them fire off multiple times over time, before the previous one finishes. However right now they just override each other and don't return to the original position once they all stop. The DOBlendable calls exist to solve this exact problem right?

22. iddqd

iddqd

Hi there

The Rigidbody DOLookAt seems broken. I can't get it to move at all. I've worked around it by using:
    rigidbody.DORotate(Quaternion.LookRotation(target.transform.position - transform.position, Vector3.up).eulerAngles, 1f);

Best regards

23. Aurigan

Aurigan

24. anhtuan1911

anhtuan1911

I have the pro version and have TMP setup as a module but I don't seem to have a DoCounter function, how can I fix this?

25. BigRookGames

BigRookGames

How can I access and set the target position of a Move tween in script on a DOTween Animation (using Pro)? i see the DOMove with a vector input but no transform like the editor provides: upload_2020-7-27_5-29-14.png

Attached Files:

26. Gigacee

Gigacee

What is the DeAudio and DeUnityExtended? I've never seen them and I didn't know if I could look it up.

upload_2020-7-29_7-8-35.png

27. QNCY

QNCY

Hi everyone,

I am using DoTween v1.2.420 and try to set up a sequence with overlapping tweens but only the last inserted tween gets executed. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to adjust something in the global settings to make it work?

Here is my code:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. Sequence sequ = DOTween.Sequence();
    3. sequ.Pause();
    4. sequ.Insert(0, transform.DOMove(distanceOffset, _deflationTime).SetRelative(true));
    5. sequ.Insert(0, transform.DOMove(directionOffset, _deflationTime).SetRelative(true));
    6. sequ.Insert(0, transform.DOPunchPosition(vSlopeDir * 2, _deflationTime));
    7. sequ.Play();

28. GammaBadger

GammaBadger

Try OnComplete. The callback is the uppercase O whereas onComplete is a field.

29. GammaBadger

GammaBadger

Code (CSharp):
    1.         mainSpriteRenderer
    2.             .DOFade(0.15f, 3.0f)
    3.             .SetEase(Ease.InOutBounce)
    4.             .OnComplete( () => Hide() );
    Add an anonymous, single line method as the parameter to OnComplete. In my example, OnComplete calls ()=> Hide()

30. eblavender

eblavender

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if DOTween will support the new 2D lighting?

E.g. Light2D.DOColor

blisz likes this.
  31. bemlingAGI

bemlingAGI

Question about EaseFactory.StopMotion - I have an animator on my tweened gameObject, playing a 12 frames per second animation loop. I want its tween motion to update in lockstep with the animation framerate - setting the stop motion to 12 - but I'm seeing jutter where the animator updates to the next frame before the tween updates its position.

I think to make this work I need to use the onUpdate method to call some kind of "update animated sequence" function I write every time StopMotion updates - but currently onUpdate fires at 60fps (or whatever fps the game is at.) Is there a workaround?

32. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Any chances Dotween pro will be on Sale?

33. firstuser

firstuser

Yeah also wondering this... couldn't find any info

34. Parsec3d

Parsec3d

Hi! Is there a way to fade an audio source with the pro version?

35. iMobCoding

iMobCoding

It's even in the free version
    audioSource.DOFade

36. Parsec3d

Parsec3d

o it is a function.. was hopping it was an option on the UI..

37. Parsec3d

Parsec3d

two questions
    How would you fade-in a whole group of UI panels during an event and then fade-in again on completion?

Can´t get to affect panels, and can´t find a way to sequence operations.

38. iMobCoding

iMobCoding

Add "Canvas Group" component to the root of the group

39. Parsec3d

Parsec3d

Thanks!! Is there a way to call stacked instances over a same element ? is ID for that?

Also is there a way to use target in rotate to jump to the relative angle of another component instead of a fixed deg value?

40. Stexe

Stexe

Stumbled upon this thread looking for the same thing. I assume it is something upcoming maybe?

firstuser likes this.
  41. firstuser

firstuser

@Izitmee any hints please? :)

42. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

There is not any option for Char Tween to stop,complete,Pause or kill.Then how I can stop the tween?

43. flashframe

flashframe

firstuser likes this.
  44. flashframe

flashframe

What's a Char Tween? If you hold a reference to a Tween you can use those methods. Are you doing this in code?

45. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

upload_2020-8-21_19-3-21.png

46. jessfdm_sky

jessfdm_sky

Hi,

I'm trying to use AnimationCurve to allow our users to create animations that DoTween will use to animate in and out components, through a codeless interface.

I've managed to get it so that it'll animate find if the Transform starts at (0,0), but any time it starts elsewhere it'll sort of multiply that value by the value in my curve? For example if my curve ends at -50 in the y axis and the object is at -5, by the end of the animation it'll be at -300.

This is the code I'm using:

Code (CSharp):
    1. s.Insert(0f, transform.DOMoveX(1f, curveP_x_in.LastFrame().time).SetEase(curveP_x_in));
    Where s is a Sequence, and LastFrame() is an extension method to get the last keyframe in the curve. Am I used the Animation curves wrong?

47. biomee

biomee

Is there anyway to reference screen sizes using the dotween pro animation visual editor? I’d like my UI to be just offscreen until the tween is called, I think it’s simple enough if I want to move something in and off from the same place, but I want it to go from just outside the left side to just outside the right, going across the center of the screen. If not I’ll just do it programmatically

48. Vincent_Stagg

Vincent_Stagg

IMPORTANT: The Demigiant folder must now be inside the "Plugins" folder. Create the "Plugins" folder if you don't already have it, then move the "Demigiant" folder in there before updating.

The problem with this is that when you install other assets they create a plugin folder and it wants to overwrite the plugin folder current in your project that is why I always put them into another folder, for example, a folder named All Assets, how do we import other assets if they are going to have a plugin folder that will overwrite the current one in the project?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  49. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

That's not how folders work.

Diagram [not to scale]:

Plugins/
    ├── Demigiant/
    │ └─── DOTween/
    │ ├── DOTweenStuff.cs
    │ └── MoreDOTweenStuff.cs
    │───AnotherAsset/
    │ ├── ThatStuff.css
    │ └── ThisStuffToo.css
    └───CouldTherePossiblyBeRoomForMore/
    ├── YouBet.css
    └── Uuuuuuuu.css

ah dammit ... the forum formatting mangled my ASCII art :(

Stexe likes this.
  50. Stexe

Stexe

It doesn't overwrite or override anything. It is along side it in the Plugins folder. It is standard convention to have all third party assets that aren't art assets in the Plugins folder anyway.