Search Unity

DOTween (HOTween v2), a Unity tween engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Demigiant, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Darkkingdom

Darkkingdom

Hey guys,

question for DOTweenPath visual component:
    I created a path for an object a while ago, but now I want to move the object to a different position in the scene.
    The problem is the waypoints aren't moving with my object and so my objects gets ported back when the path plays.
    Is the only way to redraw the path, everytime I want to move an object?

The path is already relative but that doens't help either.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  2. gzrjzcx

gzrjzcx

Hi, Are u still using sublime ? Do u know why I cannot find DG namespace in sublime? And all of the APIs supported by DoTween also cannot be autocompleted. I use OmniSharp for autocomplete, but I am not sure if it can be supported by this. Any idea?

3. helloworldgames

helloworldgames

4. Catin

Catin

Hi. Simple question (answer I still cannot find). How simultaneously tween object position and local scale?

5. flashframe

flashframe

6. helloworldgames

helloworldgames

Hi there,

If i have 2 values from and to (runtime), then if i use tween object moves in a straight line.
    how can i make it better by making a curve shape instead of straight line.

Thanks

7. flashframe

flashframe

You can create a path by adding a DoTweenPath component to a gameobject in your scene (if you have the Pro version), or do it in code with DOPath.

8. Catin

Catin

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  9. flashframe

flashframe

Well if you need it to be more precise, you can run your own generic Tween and change both values in OnUpdate()

But if you use a sequence and run both Tweens at the same time, they will essentially run in the same update loop. Depends on what level of precision you need I guess.

10. killmebboy

killmebboy

Hi
    Please allow me to use google translation because English is not good.

How do I use these parameters in the document "Previewing tweens in editor"?

Static DOTweenEditorPreview.PrepareTweenForPreview(bool clearCallbacks = true, bool

I want to implement an editor preview in my script.

I have purchased a pro version
    But I want to implement it in my own script

11. hanger102

hanger102

I'm trying to spawn a bunch of objects on a path with incremental delays. Here is the code

Code (CSharp):
    1. void Start()
    2.     {
    3.         for (int i = 0; i < totalOrbs; i++)
    4.         {
    5.             delayed = i * delayTime;
    6.             GameObject spawned = Instantiate(spawnedObject, new Vector3(0, 0, 0), Quaternion.identity) as GameObject;
    7.             spawned.transform.parent = transform;
    8.             spawned.GetComponent<DOTweenPath>().delay = delayed;
    9.             Debug.Log(spawned.GetComponent<DOTweenPath>().delay);
    11.         }
    12.     }
    But when I do this, all of the spawned objects have the same delay time. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

12. Crouching-Tuna

Crouching-Tuna

Does Goto(float time) or fullPosition = time
    works in OnStart or other OnAbc?
    I have a tween that, in a replay scenario, want to directly play it from half way, but it just doesn't change it.

I have a tween A, and in its OnStart i also start tween B.
    I have a method GoToMoveTween(float time) that sets BOTH tween A and B's fullPosition to time.
    I tried calling this on A's OnStart(after B's started), and only B's fullPosition gets changed.
    Tried calling it on B's OnStart, and only A's fullPosition gets changed.

So...yeah
    I don't wanna put A and B in a sequence, and call GoToMoveTween inside Sequence.Insert(0.1, callback), then have to add 0.1 to the float time in the method.
    I don't wanna use sequence at all actually.
    I just wanna set the start position of the tween OnStart. (Note it also doesn't work on the same frame as the tween's creation. Well, it does but not on tween B, since it hasn't started yet in the creation of tween A)

13. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

Hi, DoTween is great - many thanks for making it.

I just have a quick question / observation about performance when using the new(ish) "SetLink" feature please. Essentially I just want to safely kill sequences / tweens if the gameobject which uses them is destroyed. I have quite a few (10k) tweens / sequences constructed but very few of them (maybe one or two) running. I am seeing approx 20% of CPU used in the profiler for DOTweenCoponent.Update() if I assign SetLink on the tweens / sequences, close to zero if I do not. Does using SetLink imply a runtime cost for inactive (non-playing tweens / sequences)?

Thanks!

14. iMobCoding

iMobCoding

I am interested in this too, as I also heavily rely on SetLink

15. ilyaskos3

ilyaskos3

Guys i have a question about DoPath's speeds between waypoints.
    I have a 3 waypoints in the path and result is here.

I want constant speed from start to end but i couldn't achieve that.
    Here is my code
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Vector3 firstPoint = from+new Vector3(5f,5f,0);
    3. pathList.Add(from);
    4. pathList.Add(firstPoint);
    5. pathList.Add(to);
    8. Vector3[] pathArr = pathList.ToArray();
    10. GameObject trail = Instantiate(config.fireWork, from, Quaternion.identity);
    11. trail.transform.DOPath(pathArr,3,PathType.CatmullRom,PathMode.TopDown2D).SetEase(Ease.Linear).SetLookAt(0.01f).SetDelay(1f);

16. unity_5fpsmegasupergiperprogramer

unity_5fpsmegasupergiperprogramer

Hey. I need help!

I have when there is a game menu, is Time.timeScale = 0.

I know there's a function .SetUpdate(true), which allows you to ignore.

BUT HOW CAN WE DO GLOBALLY? That is not everywhere to write."SetUpdate(true)", and globally once.

Tried:
    DOTween.defaultTimeScaleIndependent = true;

not help.

17. luniac

luniac

Hello,

SpriteRender DOGradientColor tween is bugged.
    DOKill, pause, etc do not work.

Only Dotween.KillAll() works, which of course i can't use cause i have other tweens.

setid works but i have many objects and its annoying workaround.

EDIT:
    just realized its a sequence, is there no way to KILL() sequence on a target using DOKill()?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  18. Tycellent

Tycellent

Has anyone had any trouble with the gameobject "teleporting" back to its start position after it completes its path? I tried DoMoveX and also DoPath but it seems that whenever it finishes it just teleport to the start. i was thinking maybe it teleports because of another DoMoveX/DoPath with a duration of 0 but my OnComplete has nothing that'd move my gameobject.

The other odd thing is that at the moment it teleports back when it has a duration of something around 0.25f or lower but if i increase it to something like 10 it doesn't teleport.

Not really sure why this is happening at all.

SOLVED: Was because i had to tween running at once...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  19. bpdavis2006

bpdavis2006

I have a question regarding a warning that pops up from time to time. "VerifyActiveTweensList WARNING: - UPDATE LOOP...." Could someone please elaborate on this warning? I got one hit when searching Google, and that basically pointed me to the repository file that outputs the text.

20. unity_5fpsmegasupergiperprogramer

unity_5fpsmegasupergiperprogramer

The developer abandoned the project

21. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

"The developer abandoned the project"

Checking the asset store latest release is approximately six weeks ago at the time of writing:

1.2.250 (current)released Jun 3, 2019

This does not look like an abandoned project, unless you know something we don't?

flashframe likes this.
  22. flashframe

flashframe

23. illinar

illinar

Does anyone know if Dotween have been updated with job system and Burst? (If it can leverage those at all.)

24. Kiupe

Kiupe

@Izitmee I was wondering if I should buy DOTween pro (and yes, I will) in order to ease the process of creating and modifying tweens, especially for non coder profiles working with me. After watching the video I noticed that it's not possible to create sequences, only "animations". Do you think that is something that could be done/doable ?

Would be great to be able to create a sequence containing tweens or other sequences targeting or not the same target. It would allow to create from within the editor more complex sequence/transition that involves more than one object and one tween.

Thx

25. Kiupe

Kiupe

Hello,

I'm struggling using the DOTWeenAnimation component to achieve something that looks really simple : show and hide a panel using a simple "move" tween. Naively I simple set the "isFrom" property depending if I want to "show" or "hide" and then call "animation.DOPlayById("SHOW");" But it won't work as expected.

I tried to rewind before calling play but the result is not the expected one. I'm also surprised that even which "auto play only" and "auto play" unchecked the animation seems to be played automatically.

So, what is the right way to do ? Just open and hide a panel ?

Thanks

26. cuongnp

cuongnp

Hi, I'm having a problem with DO Tween Animation Component.

upload_2019-7-30_10-55-21.png

In DOTweenManager, I get all the Tween Animation Components and Do Play Forward

Code (CSharp):
    1.   public void DOPlayForward() {
    2.     foreach (DOTweenAnimation animation in animations) {
    3.       animation.DOPlayForward();
    4.     }
    5.   }
    The problem is all Tween Animation Component just play only Once, If I call DoPlayForward again, there is nothing happen.

Can you guys please point me what am I doing wrong here?
    Thank.

27. KMacro

KMacro

I am attempting to spin a fortune wheel to a predetermined wedge using DOTween, and I am running into a problem.

Here's my code:

Code (CSharp):
    1. _sequence.Append(transform.DOLocalRotate(initialSpins * 360 * Vector3.up, initialSpins / initialSpeed, RotateMode.FastBeyond360).SetEase(Ease.Linear));
    2. _sequence.Append(transform.DOLocalRotate(_angleToWedge * Vector3.up, _initialSpeedStopAngle / 360 / initialSpeed, RotateMode.FastBeyond360).SetEase(Ease.Linear));
    3. _sequence.Append(transform.DOLocalRotate((_angleToWedge + 360 * slowDownSpins) * Vector3.up, slowDownSpins / initialSpeed, RotateMode.FastBeyond360).SetEase(Ease.Linear).DOTimeScale(0.1f, 2 * slowDownSpins / initialSpeed));
    Here's what I want to happen:

1. The wheel spins a full initialSpins times.
    2. Without stopping, the wheel spins to the wedge it will eventually land on.
    3. Without stopping, the wheel spins a full slowDownSpins times to land on the correct wedge. Over the course of slowDownSpins spins, the wheel slows from its initialSpeed to 0 velocity.

I want the sequence in 3 to gradually slow down as the wheel approaches a stop, so I am using DOTimeScale. However, adding this in seems to break all of my sequences, which I cannot understand. Here's what happens:

1. The wheel spins a full initialSpins times, then continues spinning until where it should spin until in sequence 2.
    2. The wheel jumps back to where sequence 1 should have finished and spins until where it should stop in this sequence.
    3. Nothing happens.

Am I using DOTimeScale incorrectly? I am a bit lost as to why it is affecting my other sequences at all. If I remove DOTimeScale, everything works as expected but without the slowdown I want in sequence 3.

Any suggestions?

28. AcademyOfFetishes

AcademyOfFetishes

I have a character that's on the left side of the screen. When I run this code, she moves to 0 from the right side:

Code (CSharp):
    1.                 subject.Find("Skeleton")
    2.                 .DOMoveX(0, .7f)
    3.                 .SetEase(Ease.OutElastic)
    If I comment out that ease, she comes in from the left. Can anyone explain this to me? I like the way the OutElastic looks, but I want the character to come in from the left side, not the right.

If I use .SetEase(Ease.OutBounce), she comes in from the left. I probably don't understand how "OutElastic" works, but it doesn't seem to work the same as the other ones.

29. flashframe

flashframe

Here's a good site that helps visualise the different ease types

https://easings.net/en

30. AcademyOfFetishes

AcademyOfFetishes

Yeah, I'm looking at that, and I still don't understand why OutElastic comes in from the right side. EaseOutBounce looks like a very similar graph, yet it comes in from the left side. If this makes sense to you, can you break it down for me? (I was looking at this page before I posted the question)

31. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Hi I've been using DoTween for a while now and it's always worked great but I'm running into a strange problem now where the time that tweens take between a build and the editor is different. ie: if I make a scale tween on a transform, in the editor it's perfect, however in a build the tween takes twice as long (or some amount).. Is there a setting or something that needs to be set for builds?

Using unity 2019.1.10 and dotween 1.2.235

32. roberto_sc

roberto_sc

I'm having performance issues (CPU spikes, high GC allocation) in DOTweenComponent.WaitForCompletion() (please see screenshot)

It's a fairly complex project which wasn't implemented by me so I don't know exactly which game object tween is causing it. I can investigate if needed, but without any other information is it possible to know what can cause this?

I'm using Unity 2017.4.24 and DOTween v1.1.640 (reading the release notes I didn't find anything related so I didn't bother to upgrade).

Attached Files:

33. Starbox

Starbox

Hi,

I updated the plugin (DoTween Free).
    Version: 1.2.250 • Jun 3, 2019
    Unity 2019.2.2f1

Got two errors with the modules:

I had to delete the module marker and module UI. Errors gone.
    Doing so allowed the DoTween setup panel to appear (DOTWEEN SETUP REQUIRED flag on)...
    After compile, the setup precisely found out that the two last modules were not "installed". I unticked the first three ones too.
    I will be able to check if tweens still on work on UI soon. If not, I will have to delete the folder and export the older one from a previous version of the project.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  34. gamezuv

gamezuv

Hi, is there a 3d chart of all the ease types?
    Something like this but on a 3d cube / sphere
    https://easings.net/en

35. Gigacee

Gigacee

I can't WebGL Build.

Unity 2019.2.4f1
    DOTween v1.2.270
    DOTween Pro v1.0.155

Code (CSharp):
    1. Failed running C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.2.4f1\Editor\Data\il2cpp\build/UnityLinker.exe -out=D:/Development/Unity/Projects/sandbox/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/tempStrip -x="C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.2.4f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/Whitelists/Core.xml" -x=D:/Development/Unity/Projects/sandbox/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/TypesInScenes.xml -d=D:/Development/Unity/Projects/sandbox/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed --include-unity-root-assembly=D:/Development/Unity/Projects/sandbox/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll --include-unity-root-assembly=D:/Development/Unity/Projects/sandbox/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/DOTween.Modules.dll --include-unity-root-assembly=D:/Development/Unity/Projects/sandbox/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/DOTweenPro.Scripts.dll --include-unity-root-assembly=D:/Development/Unity/Projects/sandbox/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/DOTween.dll --dotnetruntime=il2cpp --dotnetprofile=unityaot --use-editor-options --include-directory=D:/Development/Unity/Projects/sandbox/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed --rule-set=Conservative --editor-data-file=D:/Development/Unity/Projects/sandbox/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/EditorToUnityLinkerData.json --disable-engine-module-support --enable-engine-module-stripping --engine-stripping-flag=EnableUnityConnect --engine-stripping-flag=EnableCrashReporting --engine-modules-asset-file="C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.2.4f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/Whitelists/../modules.asset"
    3. stdout:
    4. Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
    5. Mono.Linker.MarkException: Error processing method: 'System.Void DG.Tweening.DOTweenPath::DORestart(System.Boolean)' in assembly: 'DOTweenPro.dll' ---> Mono.Cecil.ResolutionException: Failed to resolve System.Int32 DG.Tweening.Core.Debugger::logPriority
    6.    �ꏊ Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.HandleUnresolvedField(FieldReference reference)
    7.    �ꏊ Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkInstruction(Instruction instruction)
    8.    �ꏊ Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
    9.    �ꏊ Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
    10.    �ꏊ Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method)
    11.    �ꏊ Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method)
    12.    �ꏊ Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()
    13.    --- �����O�X�^�b�N �g���[�X�̏I��� ---
    14.    �ꏊ Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()
    15.    �ꏊ Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessPrimaryQueue()
    16.    �ꏊ Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process()
    17.    �ꏊ Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.Process(LinkContext context)
    18.    �ꏊ Mono.Linker.Pipeline.ProcessStep(LinkContext context, IStep step)
    19.    �ꏊ Unity.Linker.UnityPipeline.ProcessStep(LinkContext context, IStep step)
    20.    �ꏊ Mono.Linker.Pipeline.Process(LinkContext context)
    21.    �ꏊ Unity.Linker.UnityDriver.Run()
    22.    �ꏊ Unity.Linker.UnityDriver.RunDriverWithoutErrorHandling()
    23.    �ꏊ Unity.Linker.UnityDriver.RunDriver()
    24. stderr:
    26. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    27. UnityEditorInternal.Runner:RunProgram(Program, String, String, String, CompilerOutputParserBase) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildUtils.cs:126)
    28. UnityEditorInternal.Runner:RunManagedProgram(String, String, String, CompilerOutputParserBase, Action`1) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildUtils.cs:71)
    29. UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper:RunAssemblyLinker(IEnumerable`1, String&, String&, String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/AssemblyStripper.cs:222)
    30. UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper:StripAssembliesTo(String[], String[], String, String, String&, String&, String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, IEnumerable`1, BuildTargetGroup, ManagedStrippingLevel, Boolean, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/AssemblyStripper.cs:158)
    31. UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper:RunAssemblyStripper(IEnumerable, String, String[], String[], String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, RuntimeClassRegistry, ManagedStrippingLevel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/AssemblyStripper.cs:358)
    32. UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper:StripAssemblies(String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, RuntimeClassRegistry, ManagedStrippingLevel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/AssemblyStripper.cs:246)
    33. UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:Run() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:326)
    34. UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils:RunIl2Cpp(String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, Action`1, RuntimeClassRegistry) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:70)
    35. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

faolad likes this.
  36. Gigacee

Gigacee

I can it with DOTween v1.2.250.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    faolad likes this.
  37. faolad

faolad

I have the same issue building for iOS. No issue for Standalone

38. Elegarret

Elegarret

Hello all!
    I searched the forum and found that some people cant do DOTweenAnimation.DOPlay more than once, but I can't do it even for one time :(

I turned off AutoPlay and try to launch animation from the code but it doesn't play and doesn't trigger OnPlay event. If i make this animation autoplayable than OnPlay triggers. But when I call it from code then nothing happens/

DOTween 1.2.250, DoTweenPro 1.0.155

39. StrongCube

StrongCube

I can't make a build, swearing at your asset. Fix it please!

Unity 2019.2.0f
    Standalone
    DOTween 1.2.270, DoTweenPro 1.0.145

Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
    Mono.Linker.MarkException: Error processing method: 'System.Void DG.Tweening.DOTweenPath::DORestart(System.Boolean)' in assembly: 'DOTweenPro.dll' ---> Mono.Cecil.ResolutionException: Failed to resolve System.Int32 DG.Tweening.Core.Debugger::logPriority

40. adey_sawafetah

adey_sawafetah

Hi,

I'm trying to move objects on a path.
    I selected:
    path mode:Top-Down 2D
    Orientation: To Path

When moving in XY everything is OK
    But I cannot get the same result in XZ

What settings I have to change to fix this?

XY:

XZ:

41. IvanArmGAmeWare

IvanArmGAmeWare

Hello guys! Can you help me to fix this error? I don`t understand how to do it...

DOTWEEN:: An error inside a tween callback was silently taken care of > Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Model+<>c__DisplayClass36_1.<ClearOneRow>b__0 () [0x00048] in D:\Unity\Jungle Puzzle 2019\Assets\Scripts\Model.cs:177
    at DG.Tweening.Tween.OnTweenCallback (DG.Tweening.TweenCallback callback) [0x00007] in <45e29cc2df1844209d168a280c119159>:0

UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    DG.Tweening.Core.Debugger:LogWarning(Object)
    DG.Tweening.Tween:OnTweenCallback(TweenCallback)
    DG.Tweening.Tween: DoGoto(Tween, Single, Int32, UpdateMode)
    DG.Tweening.Core.TweenManager:Update(UpdateType, Single, Single)
    DG.Tweening.Core.DOTweenComponent:Update()

42. fakegood

fakegood

hello, u can go to Tools > Demigiant > DOTween Utility Panel, Preference tab, untick Safe Mode to see where's your error exactly.

43. Driven

Driven

Hi,

i think the version 1.2.280 has a bug in Unity 2019.3. Every time i quit play mode an error is thrown:

Some objects were not cleaned up when closing the scene. (Did you spawn new GameObjects from OnDestroy?)
    The following scene GameObjects were found:
    [DOTween]

It didn't happen with my previous version of the library

44. gamedeveloper0008

gamedeveloper0008

thansks bro

45. Gigacee

Gigacee

This bug appears to have been fixed in v1.2.280.

46. diaurin

diaurin

Hi, anyone having problems importing the package into a 2019.2 project? Every time i try to import it takes forever importing scripts and then i need to restart the PC because the system becomes almost unusable in certain situations.

47. luke1513

luke1513

Hello. I want to make a bezier path (for a car) but i do not want the car to return to the first point. Also i don't want to use stop or pause, because that will probably suddenly stop the car without "using the brakes". Any ideas?​

48. ShivaFooL

ShivaFooL

Hi. I'm trying DOTween for the first time, and I can't even get started because I'm getting this error:
    "error CS0103: The name `autoKillMode' does not exist in the current context"
    That was from copying and pasting the initialize statement from the Getting Started instructions. I did include the using statement. The same error came with 'useSafeMode', 'logBehavior" from the initialize statement, and also with 'DoAnchorPos" since I was trying to test UI animation.
    I am using Unity 5.6.7.
    I guess I'm missing something somewhere.

49. ShivaFooL

ShivaFooL

Problem in my previous post is gone. I think it resulted from copying project folder from one computer to another with those errors occurring on the 2nd computer.

50. hejaaa

hejaaa

Is possible animate rotation with DOTween over 180°? Now DOTween animates rotation closest way.
    I want something like in the picture.
    over180.png