Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

DOTween (HOTween v2), a Unity tween engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Izitmee, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Gruguir

Gruguir

Using your example its going from world pos 0 to world pos -1 then back to 0. Looks like for some reason it doesn't take the .'ChangeStartValue(transform.localPosition.x + amplitude)' into account ?

2. flashframe

flashframe

@Gruguir Sorry, my mistake. You have to pass a Vector3 to .ChangeStartEndValue. This works as expected:

Code (CSharp):
    1. transform.DOLocalMoveY(transform.localPosition.y - amplitude,duration)
    2.             .ChangeStartValue(new Vector3(transform.localPosition.x, transform.localPosition.y+ amplitude, transform.localPosition.z))
    3.             .SetLoops(-1,LoopType.Yoyo)
    4.             .SetEase(Ease.InOutSine)
    5.             .Goto(duration/2,true);

3. Gruguir

Gruguir

4. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

I am using code and the "Do Tween Animation Component" (DTAC) to animate and object. I am basically using the DTAC for the animation and OnPlay & OnComplete functions...it makes it really east to chain things like audio together.

My issue is this..

The tween starts and stops as normal the first time.

When I try to play it again, it doesn't play. I've tried tried setting the AutoKill On and Off...I'm tried restarting the tween, rewinding...but nothings seems to work.

I've noticed that the tween is paused but it never comes back out of that state. How to I unpause it so that it can be reused?

I have the tweens that dont have this issue...not sure why this particular one is an issue.

5. Marco-Sperling

Marco-Sperling

Hello,
    does DOTween Pro support paths that are local to a parent gameObject?
    Can we arbitrarily transform said gameObject and the path rotates, moves or scales nicely along?
    This is a selling point to us. Thx.

6. Izitmee

Izitmee

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: On Windows 10 UWP DOTween's safe mode will cause crashes. That's because Unity's compilation for that platform apparently doesn't support try-catch calls correctly. I talked with Unity for a solution (they're fixing it, but in the meantime I'm removing try-catch calls - it's a very long and complicated thing, so bear with me).

While waiting for me to fix this (hopefully within the week), the temporary fix is to disable safe mode (from DOTween's preferences). This will mean though that you will have to take care of killing any tween before their target becomes NULL, otherwise you will get regular NullReferenceExceptions.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    leni8ec and vladimirta89 like this.
  7. Marco-Sperling

Marco-Sperling

Hi Izitmee,
    care to answer my question one post above your last one?

8. gpvd

gpvd

Hello Izitmee,

I've a little question;

Is it possible to play tweens/sequences while in editor?(not playing)
    I'm making some kind of preview system and it would be nice as a designer to immediatly see tween changes...

Best regards,

G van Dijk

9. Izitmee

Izitmee

@Marco-Sperling Hi, and sorry. No, DOTween Pro paths don't support scaling or rotating (unless you set them as local and scale/rotate only after the path has been created at runtime and is being run). I added this info to the website. The path system is done to be very lightweight but also simple (since the Pro version doesn't focus only on that). But if you want something more complex (which uses actual gameObjects for waypoints, instead of just storing the data, and thus can be manipulated more extensively) I always recommend Simple Waypoint System by @Baroni : it uses DOTween's core in the background but is totally path-centric and very flexible.

@gpvd Ahoy! Sorry but no. I tried various approaches, but none was really working considering DOTween's logic.

Baroni likes this.
  10. Izitmee

Izitmee

@sbmhome Can you show me a screenshot of the Inspector and of how you restart it? Setting AutoKill to OFF and using DORestart should always do the trick.

11. gpvd

gpvd

Ok, but thanks for the quick awnser!

12. Sabrino

Sabrino

Hi Izitmee,

I think there might be a bug with DOKill's default parameters. I am using DOShakeAnchorPos to shake a UI element, killing all tweens on it before starting it to make sure the starting position stays the same if used again before it is over:

Code (CSharp):
    1. rectTrans.DOKill();
    2. rectTrans.DOShakeAnchorPos(0.5f, new Vector3(40, 40, 0), 20);
    Even if dokill should complete the tween by default, by doing this repeatedly before the last shake is over the UI element starting position will slide off in a random direction, proving that the dokill is not in fact completing the tween. If I explicitly set rectTrans.DOKill(true) everything works fine. Am I missing something?

13. adamz

adamz

I just picked up DoTween as well as bought the Playmaker Actions. I'm having trouble using 'Do Tween Transform Look At Game Object'. What Im trying to do is have the camera continuously look at a game object with a delay and an ease, every frame. Is there a better Playmaker Action to use?

14. BrownBot

BrownBot

Hi Izitmee,

Is it possible to use DOTween Pro Paths to move the RigidBody or RigidBody2D component of an object rather than the Transform?

I have tested manually coding RigidBody2D.DOMove() and it works fine on my objects maintaining the physics simulation but my old waypoint system is crap so I'd like to use the nice smooth paths.

Also is there a good reference anywhere for all different types of Ease's?

Thanks for these great components.

15. Dragonic89

Dragonic89

Can we be lazy as hell and set a variable with a tween at 0 second :p ?

Found an old code of mine where I saw :

Code (CSharp):
    1. mobj.transform.DOLocalMoveX( 10, 0 );
    2. mobj.transform.DOLocalMoveX( 35, 3 ).SetEase( Ease.InOutSine );
    Lazy as I am, I think I didn't want to write this >< :

Code (CSharp):
    1. mobj.transform.localPosition = new Vector3( 10, mobj.transform.localPosition.y, mobj.transform.localPosition.z );
    2. mobj.transform.DOMoveX( 35, 3 ).SetEase( Ease.InOutSine );
    Or even didn't tried to create a shortcut >< !

So just out of curiosity I was asking myself if DOTween use some optimized process when a Tween is defined with 0 second ^^ !

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  16. samjoly

samjoly

17. flashframe

flashframe

18. wightwhale

wightwhale

Is there any way to specify in DO tween path how long a waypoint takes or to set specific rotations by waypoint? This things would be very useful to me. Currently it seems that I have to have one path on one game object then toggle another game object on and do another dotween path to have different speeds between two waypoints.

19. sonofbryce

sonofbryce

Is there anyway to stop a DOVirtual.DelayedCall() ?

Thanks!

20. christougher

christougher

Hi, I'm trying to use Dotween Pro to animate the alpha of a raw image component, but when I select color or fade I get the message "No component was found for the selected animation." Is it possible to animate raw images?

21. woshihuo12

woshihuo12

someone help me?

22. mmortall

mmortall

Hello. I need help with one issue in DOTween. I have some garbage generated by TweenerManager.
    This garbage generated in TweenerCore.Reset by Activator.CreateInstance()

Is this intended? Is it possible to fix? I cannot find Activator.CreateInstance() function call in the DOTween source code at all.
    Thanks

23. ChrisSmith

ChrisSmith

Just heard of DOTween today. Bought the Pro. Love it so far.

Dumb question:

Seems everything is either a TO or FROM. Is there a FROM TO option to always force a Tween between two values rather than having to pre-insure that the built in value is at a certain setting?

example. This is what I'm doing now to make sure that a previous tween is killed and restarted as a fade from full alpha to zero alpha:

Code (CSharp):
    2.         glow.DOKill();
    3.         glow.setAlpha(1f);
    4.         glow.DOFade(0f, glowSpeed).SetEase(glowEase).SetRecyclable();
    (the .setAlpha() is from my own extension methods)

Where it would be easier if I could just:

Code (CSharp):
    2.         glow.DOFade(1f, 0f, glowSpeed).SetEase(glowEase).SetRecyclable();
    where the first 2 params are a FROM and TO built in.

24. flashframe

flashframe

Hi @ChrisSmith

You can chain a ChangeStartValue() or ChangeEndValue() or ChangeValues() to the Tween which is basically the same as your extension method.

Code (CSharp):
    1. glow.DOFade(0f, glowSpeed).ChangeStartValue(1f).SetEase(glowEase).SetRecyclable();
    If you want to make sure a previous tween has completed you can send it to it's end position using

Code (CSharp):
    1. glow.Complete(bool withCallbacks)
    And you can also use Restart() & PlayBackwards() if you need to switch between FROM and TO values.

ChrisSmith likes this.
  25. dumblet

dumblet

Hi, i've been trying to use DORotate to rotate an object diagonally and have found no success. I keep on getting the gimbal lock. I tried using the one with quaternions but i cannot understand it.

I'm trying to rotate a hexagonal tile at 45, 135, 225, 315 angles (for 4 different hex tiles).

26. MisterMr

MisterMr

Help:
    I am using DoTween for pathfinding for an endless runner. The game involves floating down a river made up of many river pieces with waypoints that act as the waypoints for DoTween. A new piece is spawned when you get near the end of the current piece. I have tried two different approaches with DoTween to travel down the river smoothly, but they both have bugs that i cant figure out. I tried using .onComplete to switch to the new path on completion, but the new path has a tail that sticks out backwards from the first waypoint which causes the player to momentartily travel in the opposite direction. The other approach I tried was adding each new river piece as a sequence, but everytime I add a new path to the sequence, the character immediatly switches to the new path the moment it is added to the sequence without finishing the current tween. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Or possible solutions? Thanks!

27. sergi-gil

sergi-gil

Hi!

Yesterday I bought DoTween Pro and I'm starting using it... it's a great tool!!!

From the other side, I plan to use this tool with visual UX/UI artists that want to setup the animations that I'm creating... the thing is at some point I have to create a battle intro sequence with a lot of animations that I think I can afford using sequence... the point is to know if you have plans to have like a visual sequence manager where the artists can tweak all the parameters for every animation, avoiding this way that I have to change a lot of things/times the sequence from code.

A part from this, and thinking again in people touching values for animations, can we have a visual tween manager from where we can control all the animations in a scene for example, to avoid going to every gameobject to tweak values? at least a manager that have references to the animations in the scene to be easier to know what to touch?

Thanks In advance!

Sergi

28. Hiltonaht

Hiltonaht

I think these functions would be pretty useful too. It will take time to make those managers tho. I think it would be great if we can have an animation script that does not need to be attached to the gameobject, but link to the gameobject remotely instead, so that we can manage the animations of different gameobjects at the same script.

29. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Thanks...ill try that....I'm just seeing your reply as I haven't gotten any notications here...

30. stereographik

stereographik

Hi everyone,
    I'm quiet stuck on tweening particles like :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. DOTween.To(() => m_Particles[i].position, x => m_Particles[i].position = x, new Vector3(10, 10, 10), 5);
    anyone succeded on this ? help would be much appreciated

31. November

November

i want to move a gameobject by dopath,but i need move it from one position of path,not one index of path.how can i do?

32. anjanj

anjanj

Looking for a way to modify the duration of a Tweener after it's passed back through a function. Seems like there's no way that's working for me. Even stopping it and starting it again would be fine because it'll happen almost instantaneously.

This is where I want to modify the duration:
    Code (CSharp):
    2.       transition = obj.panel.SetPosition(pos, true)
    3.             .SetEase(Ease.OutQuad)
    4.             .OnComplete(() => transition = null);
    Tried something like
    Code (CSharp):
    1. transition.ChangeEndValue(transition.target,0.1f).Goto(0f,true);
    and Restart() and Stop(), Start() but still no joy. Any suggestions? Thanks!

33. Azmar

Azmar

I just installed DOTween and I have a problem. I have a unity uGUI UI gameobject with it's anchor preset set to bottom middle. When I do:

Code (CSharp):
    1. transform.DOLocalMove(new Vector3(0,100,0), 0.2f, true).SetEase(Ease.InOutQuad).SetLoops(0).SetDelay(0);
    It doesn't go to that position based on the anchor position, which I would like it to. It ignores it's anchor position and pretends it is still based on the default middle anchor setting.

34. papakirk

papakirk

Hay all,

I'm having a problem with DOTween in 2D mode. Everything sets up fine, but when I play the scene, the sprite GameObject has the transform rotation Y variable constantly set to 90. I tried presetting this to -90, but found out that this variable is repeatedly set to 90 and wipes out my preset value. The quick work around for this is , of course, create a GameObject "wrapper", or parent, and set my original GameObject (now the child of the wrapper) to -90. This works fine until I assign a Box Collider 2D to the wrapper. Since the wrapper is unexplainably being turned 90 degrees on the Y axis, so is the Box Collider 2D - which then turns it into an Edge Collider. This does not happen with the Circle Collider 2D, only the Box Collider 2D.

What's happening here? Did I find a bug or am I doing something wrong?

35. gegagome

gegagome

Hi there

In your docs page: "Delays and loops (when not infinite) will work even inside nested tweens."

Is that why the inserted tween will only work once?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. _loadingScreen.Append(_thisRect.DOAnchorPosY(0f, 0.3f).SetEase(Ease.InCubic)).Insert(0f, _rectRotatingImage.DOLocalRotate(new Vector3(0f, 0f, 90f), 1f, RotateMode.Fast).SetEase(Ease.Linear).SetLoops(-1, LoopType.Incremental)
    2.         );
    Ideally, I'd like the inserted tween to occur non-stop:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. _rectRotatingImage.DOLocalRotate(new Vector3(0f, 0f, 90f), 1f, RotateMode.Fast).SetEase(Ease.Linear).SetLoops(-1, LoopType.Incremental);
    I also added a DO Tween Animation component to this image, but I was wondering what do you suggest?

Thanks
    German

36. LeGiangAnh

LeGiangAnh

Hi. We have a project using HOTween actions with Playmer and now we would like to upgrade it to DOTween. Is there any quick way to achieve that instead of replace the action in every FSM?

37. GJSIII

GJSIII

Hi, I'm new to DOTween but am loving it, and have a quick question: using DOTween Pro's visual editor, how can I change the start value for a tween? For example, the player will trigger a collider and start a tween (DOTween.Play("tweenPath")), but it sends the player back to their original position when I need it to start at the player's current position.

Thanks!

38. iseta

iseta

Hello, I'm using iTween and Vuforia for an augmented reality project, everytime I press the build, to build the .apk, one of the objects in which I use the iTween starts giving me this error: ArgumentException: No tween with the name 'sobe' could be found on the GameObject named 'ponteiro'. And I've double checked it, there is the tween in the object, in fact, it works just fine BEFORE I build it, after it it just won't work anymore. Thanks!

39. JakeTBear

JakeTBear

@iseta wrong forum, this is DOtweens forum, not Itweens

40. jGate99

jGate99

Hi there,
    How can i determine how much a tween has played/remaining like a progress.

Something like

DoRotate().onUpdate(status);

void status(float currentProgress){

//from 0 to 1

}

Thanks

41. flashframe

flashframe

If you store a reference to the tween you could use Elapsed() or ElapsedPercentage()

Here's the link to the relevant section of the docs
    http://dotween.demigiant.com/documentation.php#gettingData

jGate99 likes this.
  42. LeGiangAnh

LeGiangAnh

Any one can help me on this?

43. DamianBaltoro

DamianBaltoro

Hello!
    I have some strange bug...when first tween is playing, animation lose about half of it's frame (like something has to move from 0 to 100 and in my case i see only from 50 to 100)..this happens only on mobile build and only on first tween in game, in editor everything is working 100% good. Does anyone has similar problem?

44. gregmax17

gregmax17

Hello! I'm having trouble with my player moving through walls when I call the DOJump or DOMove on the player object. I'm calling the DOJump and DOMove methods on the players rigid body itself, but this doesn't seem to help.

Is there something else I need to be doing?

45. Mr-Logan

Mr-Logan

I've been googling around trying to find an answer for this, but with no luck.

I'm trying to set up a path for a GameObject to move along. While moving I want the GO to also face in the direction that it's moving, however I really can't figure out how this is done. According to the manual the SetLookAt should be used, but I can't figure out how to get the players position on the path.
    I figured that I need to call SetLookAt with the path percentage, but with no way of reading it, that just doesn't seem doable..

Also, is it possibly to somehow move the GO along the path based on speed rather than on time?
    Thanks =)

46. ExcellencyHong

ExcellencyHong

i think, maybe "DoTween.Sequence()" has some bug. i try to get a Sequence in different object via same script, and then just one object which last call DoTween.Sequence() is worked.
    perhaps, each objects cannot call one another sequence. it seem to be share one sequence.

47. flashframe

flashframe

Is this the problem you are having? (from the documentation)

If you are trying to use a cached Tween/Sequence within multiple other Sequences, then you need to create unique versions of it for use in each sequence.

48. Mr-Logan

Mr-Logan

Ah, I figured out there was a ."SetSpeedBased" option, which fixed the first question. I'm still not certain how to handle the look direction though.

49. flashframe

flashframe

Do you mean you want the GO to rotate along the contours of the path, or are you talking about flipping it depending on whether it's moving towards left/right of the screen?

50. Mr-Logan

Mr-Logan

Yeah, I just figured that out too though.

Save the pathing as a sequence, and then set to the SetLookAt to look at "sequence.fullPosition". Not the most obviouse of solutions I might say, and it wasn't mentioned on neither the documentation or anywhere according to google. But at least it works. :)

EDIT
    Oh and yeah, I meant rotating to look in the direction it's moving along the path.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016