Search Unity

DOTween (HOTween v2), a Unity tween engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Demigiant, Aug 5, 2014.

1. flashframe

flashframe

@SirChick You can store the Tween as a variable the way you'd expect:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public Tween myTween;
    2. void Start () {
    3.         myTween = DOTween.To(() => myObj.localPosition, x => myObj.localPosition = x, target, 12f).SetEase(Ease.InOutQuad);
    4. }
    6. //Later...
    7. void MyMethod () {
    8.         myTween.Play();
    9.         myTween.Pause();
    10.         myTween.Kill();
    11.         //etc
    12. }
    You can also give a Tween an ID to be used with DOTween's static methods:

Code (CSharp):
    1. transform.DOMoveX(4, 1).SetId("supertween");

2. exitsimulation

exitsimulation

@Izitmee
    Is it possible to set the elapsed progress externally. Say I want to manually control the progress of a tween by a float going from 0 to 1, for example from an AsyncOperation, how could I do this with DoTween?

3. flashframe

flashframe

Hi Monogon, use Goto.

http://dotween.demigiant.com/documentation.php#controls

Code (CSharp):
    1. myTween.Goto(float time, bool andPlay = false)

Telhurin likes this.
  4. exitsimulation

exitsimulation

5. l1kant

l1kant

Hi,
    Just updated DOTween, SpriteRenderer.DOFade is not resolving now, is it not supported in the latest Unity version yet?
    I have Unity 5.4.0, DOTween 1.1.310

--
    BR
    Aleksander

yuliyF likes this.
  6. l1kant

l1kant

Moving from p2 to f3 version resolved an issue.

7. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

I have a suggestion to DOTween PRO! I'm using it to a 2d game!

But I have a problem... I create my animation using the points, for X and Y it works very well.

But it is doing the Catmull Rom Interpolation to the Z axis, which is not desired! To the Z axis I need clamped animation, only to change from a Z to another instead of animation from a Z to another.

Is this viable? is there a way of doing this currently?

8. tawak3500

tawak3500

I have a bomb and when it explode the camera shakes but after the animation its offset. How do I get the position of the camera to the original position after the animations ended. Thanks a bunch :)

heres the code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     public void DoTweenShakePosition()
    2.     {
    3.         _tweenerShakePosition = camera.transform.DOShakePosition(1f, .3f, 10).SetAutoKill(true);  //shake the camera
    4.     }

9. docsavage

docsavage

Hi @Izitmee,

Really liking DOTween pro. Using it for making camera paths for my cutscenes. Have question though that I can't see answered in the docs.

In the Path component you have Events - OnStart,OnPlay etc. Do you have anything that would be the equivalent of OnArriveAtWaypoint. So I could trigger an animation when the camera arrives at a waypoint number 1 then when the animation has finished move to waypoint number 2 and trigger next animation etc.

Apologies if it is in the documents but couldn't see it.

Thanks

doc

10. flashframe

flashframe

I think you're looking for OnWaypointChange()

Code (CSharp):
    1. void Start() {
    2. transform.DOPath(waypoints, 1).OnWaypointChange(MyCallback);
    3. }
    4. void MyCallback(int waypointIndex) {
    5. Debug.Log("Waypoint index changed to " + waypointIndex);
    6. }

11. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

How is this asset on the latest version of Unity? In the Asset Store description it hasn't been updated since April 2015 and tested on Unity 5.0.1.

12. docsavage

docsavage

That's excellent. Thanks @flashframe much appreciated:)

13. docsavage

docsavage

Hi,

I tried it on 5.3.6p3 personal and it worked fine. Windows version. Not tried it in 5.4.

14. Dan2013

Dan2013

@Izitmee
    Does DOTween work with Unity's Script Execution Order Settings ?
    I know that DOTween can be set to use Update, LateUpdate, or FixedUpdate.
    But I still want DOTween to run precisely before or after some specific MonoBehaviour scripts.

I checked my MonoManager of Script Execution Order Settings in my project.
    The DOTween scripts do appear in it (see the picture below).
    Script_Execution_Order_Settings.png
    Do I need to drag them all into the MonoManager? If I drag them all in, what order I should set to them?
    Or, I just need to drag DOTweenAnimation or DOTweenPath?
    Does DOTween work in the MonoManager just as other MonoBehaviour scripts?

15. Dan2013

Dan2013

@Izitmee
    Another question. :)
    Is that possible to add an API to set the position of a tweened GameObject based on ratio of the DOTween Path?
    For example, on the picture below, a cube is moving on a DOTween path.
    If I set ratio of 0.5 to the DOTween path, the cube is immediately moved to the middle position of the path.
    DOTween_Path_Ratio.png

In addition, DOTween is already a very awesome asset.
    I am a Pro user for a long time, and I really like it.

16. woshihuo12

woshihuo12

when i use with ngui , i meet a bug.

Code (CSharp):
    1. private IEnumerator DoShow(List<string> contents)
    2. {
    3.       for(int i=0 ;i < contents.Count; ++i}
    4. {
    5.    mOrignalLbPrefab.SetActive(true);
    6.    GameObject target = Tool.AddChild(gameobject, mOrignalLb);
    7.   mOrignalLbPrefab.setActive(false);
    8.   UILable tmpLb = target.Getcomponent<UIlabel>();
    9. tmpLb.color = new Color(tmpLb.color.r, tmpLb.color.g, tmpLb.color.b, 1f);
    11. target.transform.DoLocalMoveY(100, 2f).setUpdate(true);
    12. DoTween.ToAlpha(()=>tmpLb.color, x=>tmpLb.color = x, 0f,0.5f).setUpdate(true);
    13. yield reurn new WaitForSeconds(0.5f);
    16. while the result is not right.

17. woshihuo12

woshihuo12

while i use SetTarget(tmpLb), the result is still
    not right...
    can someone help me ??

18. Eugene_Trufanov

Eugene_Trufanov

19. TheCelt

TheCelt

So i have a tween which isn't working, and i don't know what i did wrong.

I have this tween in Start:

Code (CSharp):
    1.  doorTween = DOTween.To(() => door.localPosition, x => door.localPosition = x, door.localPosition, 2f).SetEase(Ease.InOutQuad);
    And then in my method to activate it i have:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     void Open()
    2.     {
    3.         Vector3 target = new Vector3(door.transform.localPosition.x, door.transform.localPosition.y, 5f);
    4.         doorTween.target = target;
    5.         doorTween.Play();
    6.     }
    But it doesn't move, i get no errors, and the method Open method does get called so i don't know why Play won't move the door to the assigned target.

Have i misunderstood something?

20. TheCelt

TheCelt

Start sets it to its known position because start doesn't have a target. I just wanted to cache the tween, then set the target destination in a method and hit play. Your suggestion means I'm reassigning the same tween over and over every time I open the door or close it when I set up my close method. The idea was close/open have targets, I set the target and play the cached tween with the new target set, why wouldn't that approach work?

The tween doesn't work for open method, it was never intended to working in start as I never declared play on the tween in the start method.

21. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

You're welcome

flashframe likes this.
  22. hexdump

hexdump

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to change speed as an object is running through a path (catmull-spline). I need this because my player can reduce or increase speed when touching the screen.

I have tried to do it just by assigning a duration in update but it seems to do not take it into account.

Cheers.

23. Adoll

Adoll

Hi,

I hope RotateAround would be implemented soon. I searched the forum and found that you had that in your todo list for quite a while, over a year ago. I know I can use the parent and rotate way to simulate it, still I wish the direct method available.

24. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using DG.Tweening;
    4. public class StepItUp : MonoBehaviour
    5. {
    7.     public GameObject TweenedGameObject; // set in inspector
    8.     private DOTweenPath _pathTween;
    10.     protected void Awake()
    11.     {
    12.         _pathTween = TweenedGameObject.GetComponent<DOTweenPath>();
    13.     }
    15.     protected void Update()
    16.     {
    17.         if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Q))
    18.         {
    19.             var t = _pathTween.GetTween();
    20.             t.timeScale *= 5;
    21.         }
    22.     }
    23. }

25. rmolenkamp

rmolenkamp

Hi,

I'm trying to get DoTween to use FixedUpdate rather than Update, is this possible?

26. JakeTBear

JakeTBear

Yes, you can change that in the options.

rmolenkamp likes this.
  27. KamiRonin

KamiRonin

Hi, all.
    Whether there is for DoTween "definition directives" with which help I could to learn that it is accessible in Runtime?
    (sorry for my English)

28. rmolenkamp

rmolenkamp

Thanks!

29. Nyankoooo

Nyankoooo

Since version 1.1.310 the following is not working anymore in Unity 5.3.6f1:

Code (CSharp):
    1. .GetComponent<Image>().DOFade(1, 0.5f));
    2. .GetComponent<Text>().DOFade(1, 0.5f));
    Any tips on that?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  30. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing

I have a crash on Windows Universal 10 build, seems to do with Tweening. Build works in Debug and Release, but Master build has this issue, works if comment out Tween stuff.

ntdll.dll!_NtRaiseException@12() Unknown
    KernelBase.dll!_RaiseFailFastException@12() Unknown
    SharedLibrary.dll!Interop::mincore.RaiseFailFastException(unsigned int faultCode, System::IntPtr pExContext) Line 760 Unknown

SharedLibrary.dll!System::RuntimeExceptionHelpers.FailFast(System::String & message, System::Exception & exception, System::RuntimeExceptionHelpers::RhFailFastReason reason, System::IntPtr pExContext) Line 225 Unknown
    SharedLibrary.dll!System::RuntimeExceptionHelpers.RuntimeFailFast(System::RuntimeExceptionHelpers::RhFailFastReason reason, System::Exception & exception, System::IntPtr pExContext) Line 185 Unknown
    [External Code]
    FMU.dll!$69_WinRTBridge::Utils.ThrowNewNullReferenceException(System::String & message) Line 148 Unknown
    [External Code]
    >FMU.dll!$11_WinRTBridge::MethodTools_ThrowNewExceptionDelegate__WinRTBridge__Impl.ReverseDelegateStub(unsigned char * unsafe_message) Line 130810 Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!086f6aee() Unknown
    [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for UnityPlayer.dll]
    UnityPlayer.dll!08c03f92() Unknown
    UnityEngineDelegates.dll!CanvasGroup_Set_Custom_PropAlpha(int param_0, float param_1) Line 24768 C++
    FMU.dll!$9_DG::Tweening::ShortcutExtensions46::<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<DOFade>b__1(float x) Line 29 Unknown
    FMU.dll!$7_DG::Tweening::plugins::FloatPlugin.EvaluateAndApply($7_DG::Tweening::plugins::Options::FloatOptions options, $7_DG::Tweening::Tween & t, bool setter, $7_DG::Tweening::Core::DOGetter$1<System::Single> & elapsed, $7_DG::Tweening::Core::DOSetter$1<System::Single> & startValue, float changeValue, float duration, float) Line 60 Unknown
    FMU.dll!$7_DG::Tweening::Core::TweenerCore$3<System::Single,System::Single,$7_DG::Tweening::plugins::Options::FloatOptions>.ApplyTween(float useInversePosition, int updateNotice, int) Line 176 Unknown
    FMU.dll!$7_DG::Tweening::Tween.DoGoto($7_DG::Tweening::Tween & t, float toPosition, int toCompletedLoops, $7_DG::Tweening::Core::Enums::UpdateMode updateMode) Line 238 Unknown
    FMU.dll!$7_DG::Tweening::Core::TweenManager.Update($7_DG::Tweening::UpdateType updateType, float deltaTime, float independentTime) Line 392 Unknown
    FMU.dll!$7_DG::Tweening::Core::DOTweenComponent.Update() Line 50 Unknown
    [External Code]
    FMU.dll!$11_WinRTBridge::MethodTools_InvokeMethodDelegate__WinRTBridge__Impl.ReverseDelegateStub(__int64 unsafe_instance, __int64 * unsafe_args, System::IntPtr unsafe_methodPtr) Line 129880 Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!086f5265() Unknown
    UnityPlayer.dll!08a30d4a() Unknown
    FMU.dll!$11_McgInterop::ReverseComSharedStubs.Func_long__int__(System::Object & __this, __int64 unsafe_objWrapper, int * unsafe___returnValue__retval, System::IntPtr __methodPtr) Line 9986 Unknown

31. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

Super secret stuff:

"NOTE: If you need to build for Windows Phone/Store, Unity currently has a bug (they're working on it) which will break DOTween. While waiting for Unity to fix it, you can download the Hyper-Compatible version of DOTween, which has the same API and works on all platforms."

Shhh... Don't tell anyone, okay !

http://dotween.demigiant.com/downloads/DOTween_1_1_310_hc.zip

JakeTBear likes this.
  32. Nyankoooo

Nyankoooo

Reverted back to the previous version with the link provided by @FuguFirecracker !

33. TechDeveloper

TechDeveloper

Hello, I keep getting this error msg in the console. Using Unity 5.4.1

get_isEditor is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor (or instance field initializer), call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from MonoBehaviour 'Floater' on game object 'float3'.
    See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
    UnityEngine.Application:get_isEditor()
    DG.Tweening.DOTween:.cctor() (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/DOTween.cs:111)
    Floater:.ctor() (at Assets/_SCRIPTS/Floater.cs:6)
    Floater:.ctor()

AND THIS:

Load is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor (or instance field initializer), call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from MonoBehaviour 'Floater'.
    UnityEngine.Resources:Load(String)
    DG.Tweening.DOTween:AutoInit() (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/DOTween.cs:157)
    DG.Tweening.DOTween:InitCheck() (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/DOTween.cs:935)
    DG.Tweening.DOTween:Sequence() (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/DOTween.cs:627)
    Floater:.ctor()
    UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject)
    hamsterbyte.PoolMaster.ObjectPool:preload(String) (at Assets/Plugins/Pool Master/ObjectPool.cs:155)
    hamsterbyte.PoolMaster.ObjectPool:preloadGlobal() (at Assets/Plugins/Pool Master/ObjectPool.cs:104)
    hamsterbyte.PoolMaster.ObjectPool:Awake() (at Assets/Plugins/Pool Master/ObjectPool.cs:74)

AND THIS

UnityException: Load is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor (or instance field initializer), call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from MonoBehaviour 'Floater'.
    UnityEngine.Resources.Load (System.String path) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/ResourcesBindings.gen.cs:53)
    DG.Tweening.DOTween.AutoInit () (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/DOTween.cs:157)
    DG.Tweening.DOTween.InitCheck () (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/DOTween.cs:935)
    DG.Tweening.DOTween.Sequence () (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/DOTween.cs:627)
    Floater..ctor ()
    UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject)
    hamsterbyte.PoolMaster.ObjectPool:preload(String) (at Assets/Plugins/Pool Master/ObjectPool.cs:155)
    hamsterbyte.PoolMaster.ObjectPool:preloadGlobal() (at Assets/Plugins/Pool Master/ObjectPool.cs:104)
    hamsterbyte.PoolMaster.ObjectPool:Awake() (at Assets/Plugins/Pool Master/ObjectPool.cs:74)

34. stephero

stephero

Hi,
    using the generic way, DOTween provides a function to create tweens on float without providing a getter, which is super handy since I sometimes want to tween properties without getters:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public static Tweener To(DOSetter<float> setter, float startValue, float endValue, float duration);
    My question is: why this function is only available for floats, and not for the other types?

To deal with Colors this way, I had to make this kind of function (which works):
    Code (CSharp):
    1. internal static class DOTweenEx
    2. {
    3.     public static Tweener To(DG.Tweening.Core.DOSetter<Color> setter, Color startValue, Color endValue, float duration)
    4.     {
    5.         return DOTween.To(
    6.                 () => startValue,
    7.                 setter,
    8.                 endValue,
    9.                 duration);
    10.     }
    11. }
    Why is it not provided?
    Thanks

35. FuguFirecracker

FuguFirecracker

@TechDeveloper
    Your error have nothing to do with DoTween.
    You are seemingly attempting to "new-up" a monobehaviour somewhere.
    Unity doesn't like this.

36. TechDeveloper

TechDeveloper

yep your right. I've sorted it now.

Thanks

37. VladimirTa

VladimirTa

Hi.
    I am trying to spin an object with DORotate to 2000 degrees Y for 5 seconds, but when I do so it only rotates the object a little bit, but when I use negative (-2000) it does spin the object, I tries all the rotation modes but they all behave the same.

Is it some bug or intended?
    How Can I spin object with DOTween?

Unity 5.4.0P4
    DOTween 1.1.310

Edit:
    I sorted it out.
    Apparently I was not using RotateMode correctly.
    Now it spins as necessary. :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  38. VladimirTa

VladimirTa

Will it work with IL2CPP scripting backend and master configuration?
    The master configuration is in visual studio, right?

39. Pyromuffin

Pyromuffin

• I'm unable to import DOTween 1.1.130 into the Unity 2D experimental preview 2 build. It hangs on importing DOTween.dll forever.
    Any tips? It might be a unity engine bug, but maybe there's something you can do or suggest?

40. Pyromuffin

Pyromuffin

I've been able to import the script-only version from the repo, that seems to work, but i'm not sure if I'm missing any important set up with that.

41. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Can DOTween animate an object that has the Animator Component on it (when the animator is not actively performing an animation)?

I've looked through the documentation, but can't find the answer to this.

42. BTStone

BTStone

That's not possible afaik, at least if you're animating/tweening the same variable/field/component like the Transform.

43. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Thanks for the reply.

I've gotten so spoiled by using it for simple animations...guess I'll have to do this one the old fashioned way :).

44. Gruguir

Gruguir

I have no idea how to perform a sin wave movement, Is there a simple way avoiding paths ?

45. flashframe

flashframe

@Gruguir Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but this will move an object like it's tracing a sin wave along the x-axis:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using DG.Tweening;
    5. public class SineWave : MonoBehaviour {
    8.     public float amplitude = 1f;
    9.     public float duration = 0.5f;
    11.     void Start()
    12.     {
    13.         transform.DOLocalMoveY(transform.localPosition.y - amplitude,duration)
    14.             .ChangeStartValue(transform.localPosition.y + amplitude)
    15.             .SetLoops(-1,LoopType.Yoyo)
    16.             .SetEase(Ease.InOutSine)
    17.             .Goto(duration/2,true);
    19.         transform.DOLocalMoveX(transform.localPosition.x + amplitude, duration/2)
    20.             .SetLoops(-1,LoopType.Incremental)
    21.             .SetEase(Ease.Linear)
    22.             .Play();
    23.     }
    24. }

46. Gruguir

Gruguir

@flashframe thanks for your example. In fact i'm trying to get a sin movement starting from the position of the object
    ( [pos -1] <- [start pos] -> [pos +1] ).
    I guess i have to take a look at Goto and ChangeStartValue.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  47. flashframe

flashframe

Yep, that's what the first half of my example is doing, and how I do it in my own project. The advantage here is you can also use any easing type to get different arcs.

48. nowshow

nowshow

DOTween is good, but can not work on Windows 10 UWP, the game will be crash no warning.
    When I uncheck 'Comlile with .net native tool chain', everything is fine, but Compile will be Failed. Can you give me some help?

49. flashframe

flashframe

50. nowshow

nowshow

@flashframe
    Thanks, but does not work.

Crashes are random and unpredictable. Is in the game, not in compiled.

When I uncheck 'Comlile with .net native tool chain' in visual studio 2015, everything is fine, but Compile will be Failed. This is a requirement of the Microsoft Store, that all UWP applications must be checked for 'Comlile with .net native tool chain'.

So I faced two options,
    1. checked for 'Comlile with .net native tool chain', released successfully, but I do not know when it will crash.
    2. uncheck 'Comlile with .net native tool chain' in visual studio 2015, everything is fine, but I can not submit the game to store.

Can you give me some help?