Search Unity

DOTween (HOTween v2), a Unity tween engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Demigiant, Aug 5, 2014.

1. DanielVanches

DanielVanches

2. xiaomaza

xiaomaza

Hi,My version is Unity3d5.3.1,The following error occurred: Error.jpg

3. Demigiant

Demigiant

@xiaomaza Hi! That is an error that appeared in the first Unity 5 versions, but is now resolved in 5.3. It's a Unity bug, but you can just ignore it and everything will work correctly.

4. Lasse-Loepfe

Lasse-Loepfe

Hi,

congratulations for a very handy product. I just wanted to propose some features that would make my life even easier:

1) negative delay values, so that the object would start mid-way
    2) Random ranges, especially for duration and delay
    3) single axis movements, if I want to move an object only on the x axis, avoid the need to specify y and z end points

Best
    Lasse

5. Demigiant

Demigiant

Hi!

Glad you like it :)

1) Instead than using delays, in that case you can simply use Goto([mid-point-value])
    2) Isn't Unity's Random.Range function already useful enough?
    3) It's there: you can use DOMoveX/Y/Z :)

Cheers,
    Daniele

6. Lasse-Loepfe

Lasse-Loepfe

Hi,

thanks for the quick answer.
    I was suggesting it for the editor, to avoid touching code on lazy mondays ;)

7. xiaomaza

xiaomaza

Hi,thanks for the your answer,
    but this error is always appear on the mac system, and can not run in edit mode,it can not ignore.

8. JobeLloyd

JobeLloyd

I get this error trying to set up easing functions:

'DG.Tweening.Tweener' does not contain a definition for 'SetEase' and the best extension method overload 'DG.Tweening.TweenSettingsExtensions.SetEase<T>(T, DG.Tweening.EaseFunction)' has some invalid arguments

This is the line of code:
    this.transform.DOMove(new Vector3(0, 0, 0), 1f).SetEase(Ease.OutSin);

9. JobeLloyd

JobeLloyd

aaaand i found the cause. Looks like namespace collision with another package(SplineEditor) that defines a class "Ease"

10. Seith

Seith

@Izitmee Hey Daniele, I'm trying to delay a looping sequence (I want to wait a certain time before the looping sequence starts) but I can't seem to work it out. I've tried this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Sequence mySequence = DOTween.Sequence();
    2. mySequence.Append(myTransform.DOLocalRotate(pendulumAxis, pendulumDuration, RotateMode.LocalAxisAdd).SetEase(Ease.InOutQuad)).SetLoops(-1, LoopType.Yoyo).SetDelay(1f);
    But all it does it add a 1 second pause at the end of each loop, instead of delaying the execution of the sequence itself by 1 second. Any idea about what I'm doing wrong?

11. Demigiant

Demigiant

@Seith Hey!!! What you did there, practically, is that you set your nested tween to start after 1 seconds, then set the whole Sequence to loop infinitely. Since the delay is contained inside the Sequence, it will repeat at every loop.

To be honest, there is no "direct" way to add a delay to a Sequence, since with Sequences SetDelay just behaves as if you used Insert(1...) instead of just Append. You could use one of these tricks though:

1) Use Insert(1...) directly instead of append, then set the loops on the nested tween instead than on the Sequence. One note of advice though: since nested tweens don't support infinite loops, you would have to set them to something like Int32.MaxValue.
    2) Create the Sequence without any delay, and use DOVirtual.DelayedCall to start it.
    3) Not create a Sequence at all, since you're just tweening a single target there. With regular non-nested tweens, SetDelay works exactly as what you have in mind.

@xiaomaza Uhm, weird. What version of DOTween are you using? Could you try the latest version from here?

@Lasse Loepfe Ah, sorry! I always assume we're talking about the runtime API unless specified. I'll think about point 2, but that might be a nono, but point 1 and 3 look interesting. Adding them to my todo list :)

12. Seith

Seith

Ah silly me, it's true I don't need a sequence in this case! But that's good to know, thank you! :)

13. Siegfried

Siegfried

hello, I have a problem: I have a tween that runs for some time (platform), I would like to know what is its position gonna be in the future, ie in 2 seconds from now. how to do it? best regards

14. plokkum

plokkum

Hi there! This is my first time using DoTween and I'm loving it so far. Such a great performance and it is such a great tool for my current 2D game. Thanks a lot!

Anyway, I have a GameObject that loops its x-position using transform.DOMoveX().SetLoops(-1)
    When I want to stop the animation after it completed its current loop-iteration, I try to kill it with transform.DOKill(true). The animation stops, but exactly at the moment when DOKill(true) is called. Shouldn't it stop the animation after it completes its current iteration?

Thanks!

15. JakeTBear

JakeTBear

@plokkum Well, no, not really :(

When you tell it to kill it, it will do it instantly. What you want to do is to check everytime the loop happens if it should stop or not. Check if the tween needs to be killed inside a "OnComplete" callback:
    transform.DOMoveX().SetLoops(-1).OnComplete(() =>
    {
    //check here for your own conditions
    });

Hope this helps :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, you will have to cache your tween before giving an OnComplete callback, otherwise you dont have a way to know which tween to stop, sorry for that!

Demigiant and plokkum like this.
  16. plokkum

plokkum

Thanks for the help, @JakeTBear!

I assumed that the OnKill's bool parameter was supposed to kill the animation after it was completed. But your solution should do the trick.

17. Demigiant

Demigiant

I bow to @JakeTBear's solution! And about the bool parameter in Kill/DOKill, it doesnt' wait for the tween to complete: it forces the tween to complete immediately and then kills it.

plokkum likes this.
  18. Demigiant

Demigiant

@Siegfried Hi! You could send your tween to 2" (using Goto), check your target's position, then send the tween back and let it continue running as usual.

19. plokkum

plokkum

Just to add to your suggestion, @JakeTBear, in order to check conditions after each loop,OnStepComplete() should be used. OnStepComplete() fires after each loop iteration.

JakeTBear likes this.
  20. JakeTBear

JakeTBear

@plokkum Yep! you are absolutely right :)

21. dogfacedesign

dogfacedesign

Hi everyone! Pulling my hair out here .... not sure if there is a solution for this or not. Thanks for your patience in advance, as I am still learning Unity.

Basically I have a sharedMaterial that I want to fade out, while I simultaneously fade a new one in. I've tried all sorts of things, but no love. I can get them to "switch out", with no problems, but I really want this fade effect. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers.

22. fastgamedev

fastgamedev

Bug Report:

DOTween Pro v.0.9.470

The OnPlay event in DOTween Animation script honors the Delay Value only for the first play, and ignores it for all subsequent ones.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  23. Demigiant

Demigiant

@dogfacedesign Hi! There is no way to crossfade materials in Unity (unless they're on different objects), but you could use a single material and fade one texture to another. I made an example here a while ago.

@fastgamedev Hi! That is actually by design. In tweens, a delay is always something that is not part of the tween itself, but just delays the startup. It can be used again though, if you use DORestart on your DOTweenAnimation, which restarts the tween including delays.

24. fastgamedev

fastgamedev

@Izitmee Thanks for quick response! Yes, that's exactly where the bug is. I use DORestart to restart the tween with a delay, and the tween *does* restart with a delay, so that's working correctly. However, the event OnPlay is fired after the delay for the first play of the tween (correctly), and right away (ignoring the delay) for all subsequent plays of the tween (incorrectly). This might help explain it better:

If I have a tween with delay 1 and duration 3, then:

at t=0, call DORestart
    at t=1, tween starts playing
    at t=1, OnPlay is fired
    at t=4, tween ends playing
    at t=10, call DORestart
    at t=10, OnPlay is fired <---- this is incorrect, should be fired at t=11.
    at t=11, tween starts playing
    at t=14, tween ends playing

Also, from the docs, DORestart(true) should include the delay, and DORestart(false) should not. For me, they both include the delay.

25. SoulGameStudio

SoulGameStudio

Hi there, first of many thanks for that awesome library.

I'm stuck using generic DOTween with Spine animation engine, my goal is to tween the Alpha properties of my characters parts. It's quite simple:

Code (CSharp):
    1. ExposedList<Slot> slots = skeletonAnimation.skeleton.Slots;
    2. for (int i = 0; i < slots.Count; i++) {
    3.     Slot slot = slots.Items[i];
    4.     DOTween.To(() => slot.A, x => slot.A = x, 0, 1); // nothing happens
    5. }
    (I arbitrary tested "slot.A = 0.2f;" in the for loop, and it works, the character is actually transparent.)

There is no compiler error and slot.A do have get/set methods. Any leads about that ? Or does it mean I can't tween that property using DOTween?
    Thanks for your time!

P.S: page 42 \o/

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  26. Demigiant

Demigiant

@fastgamedev Ouch damn! Then that's a bug indeed! Gonna investigate it immediately!

P.S. DORestart has an optional delay parameter when called from a Tween/Tweener/Sequence, but when called from a DOTweenAnimation/Path always includes the delay.

@SoulGameStudio As long as a property can be changed via code, it can definitely be tweened with DOTween. Maybe there's something else that is resetting the values after each frame? Can you try attaching an OnUpdate call to your tween, and use it to check if slot.A is actually changed? If yes, then something resets it after DOTween updates it.

P.S. A Douglas Adams reference! That makes me so happy \o/

SoulGameStudio likes this.
  27. Demigiant

Demigiant

@fastgamedev Fixed! :) I'm attaching the last DOTween version. Just replace your DOTween (not DOTween Pro) folder contents with the ZIP ones, then run the Setup as usual.

P.S. What I wrote about DORestart before was wrong (DOTween's API has a lot of stuff, and sometimes I forget it too). All DORestart methods have the same parameter, but it's optional. So if you don't write anything there it's taken as TRUE and the delays are taken into account.

Attached Files:

28. SoulGameStudio

SoulGameStudio

@Izitmee : Thanks for the answer! I traced the slot.A value in OnUpdate => they all stay at 1 except for one, which is tweening properly (it's a small part, I didn't notice it before my bad). The tween which works is precisely the one in the last iteration of the for loop. Would it be possible than the previous are override/erased?

[SOLVED] EDIT:
    Oh my... Previously I compacted the code for the sake of the Forum clarity. But in my actual code, I had the slot variable declared before the for loop (good practice you know...) like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Slot slot;
    2. for (int i = 0; i < slots.Count; i++) {
    3.     slot = slots.Items[i];
    4.     DOTween.To(() => slot.A, x => slot.A = x, 0, 1);
    5. }
    I guess DOTween was indeed overriding the target each time. It works now! Sorry for the bother.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  29. joegatling

joegatling

DoPath.png

I am seeing a performance spike when using DoPath() for the first time. If you look at the image above, you can see that on the first run it takes 2ms to complete, but on the second call it only takes 0.05ms. I am guessing that initializing the Catmull-Rom converter is expensive.

I have tried calling DOTween.Init(), but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Is there a way to initialize the path plugin without making a dummy DOPath call?

30. Demigiant

Demigiant

@SoulGameStudio Glad you solved it! And yes, declaring the variable outside creates an issue that is related to the old NET implementation of Unity (this issue).

@joegatling Hi! While DOTween.Init initializes the engine, each plugin is indeed created and initialized only the first time it's used. The best way would be to create that path at startup and keeping it paused, then call ForceInit to force its initialization before it starts.

joegatling likes this.
  31. Sonoshee

Sonoshee

Hi there! I started a new project last time and updated DOTween; I can see you added the Flash ease type. I can't find any reference to it on the internet, can you link me to its easing curve?
    Thanks a lot btw for this awesome tool!

32. Demigiant

Demigiant

@Sonoshee Hiya! The Flash ease is a custom ease that I created myself. You can find more about it here, under Special Eases (I'm also linking the gif here, just for the sake of it ;)).

33. Sonoshee

Sonoshee

Oh cool! Just found a usage for this Flash ease in my game, it's the transparency flashing after the aircraft is hit:

( excuse the low frame-rate)
    Cheers.

34. Demigiant

Demigiant

Niiice!!! Gonna spam it on twitter :)

By the way, a nice (but tricky, because it can be horrible in some cases) usage can be also with some audio FX when fading them out/in ;)

35. Sonoshee

Sonoshee

Haha thanks. I will try it with audio sometime today, sounds like a neat idea!
    I don't know how my life could have been without this library, I literally use DOTween more than I drink water. So thanks again :)

36. Demigiant

Demigiant

Glad to hear it, but maybe you should drink more water then :D

Sonoshee likes this.
  37. CGPepper

CGPepper

[Edit: solved my own problem, i can call re-wind on a gameObject]
    If i want to re-use an animation, do i always have to call Restart? (created in the inspector window) I have a menu where you can go back and forth. The first time i call an animation i use DOPlayById. If i want to use it a second time, i have to call RestartById. This results in a very messy code. Can i re-enable DOPlayById?

What is the best way to stop a tween animation while its playing but keep it re-usable?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  38. SidarVasco

SidarVasco

Finally got time to get to my project and I still have the issue of objects going slow.

Code (csharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using DG.Tweening;
    5. public class Spikes : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public float InitialDelay = 1;
    8.     public float ExpandDelay = 2;
    9.     public float ExpandSpeed = 0.1f;
    10.     public float RetractDelay = 2;
    11.     public float RetractSpeed = 2;
    13.     Sequence s;
    14.     // Use this for initialization
    15.     void Start () {
    16.        s =  DOTween.Sequence();
    17.         s.Append(transform.DOMove(transform.position + new Vector3(0, 0.1f, 0),0.1f).SetDelay(InitialDelay));
    18.         s.Append(transform.DOMove(transform.position + new Vector3(0, 1, 0), ExpandSpeed).SetDelay(ExpandDelay));
    19.         s.Append(transform.DOMove(transform.position - new Vector3(0, 1.1f, 0), RetractSpeed).SetDelay(RetractDelay));
    20.         s.SetLoops(-1, LoopType.Restart);
    22.     }
    24. }
    Just drag and drop this on your game object and you will see it goes slower and slower every time.

39. D3ntrax

D3ntrax

@Izitmee

Hello!

I have a sample script coded with HOTween plug-in.

In HOTween, I can do the following:

1) HOTween.To((targetPiece.Bottom.Tile as DestructionTile).tileModelTransform, fallStiffness, new TweenParms().Prop("localPosition", Vector3.down * fallPower).Ease(EaseType.EaseOutSine));

2) HOTween.To((targetPiece.Tile as DestructionTile).tileModelTransform, fallStiffness, new TweenParms().Prop("localPosition", (targetPiece.Tile as DestructionTile).tileModelLocalPos).Ease(EaseType.EaseOutSine));

3) HOTween.Init(false, false, false);

What is the equivalent in DOTween? There is no To extends keyword apparently and this does not work:

DOTween.To, DOTween.DOMove (There is no Prop function)

Thanks so much...

40. SidarVasco

SidarVasco

@Furkann

Not sure what you are after but you provide the property you want to target

Either use the DoMove on the transform directly or use the generic DOTween.To as:
    Code (csharp):
    2. DOTween.To(()=> MyTransform.localPosition, x => MyTransform.localPosition = x, TargetDestinationVector, Time);
    3. //You can use the dot operator like the .Prop in HOTWeen to add additional settings
    DOTween extends transform with extra tweening functions. Which doesn't use the lambda expressions. try typing transform.Do

Demigiant likes this.
  41. Demigiant

Demigiant

@CGPepper Glad you solved it. Consider also that, as long as you SetAutoKill(false) on a tween, it is always reusable until you kill it manually, and you can Pause, Goto, Rewind, Restart it as many times as you want.

@Furkann Here you go (hope I didn't forget any parenthesis:
    Code (csharp):
    1. // 1
    2. (targetPiece.Bottom.Tile as DestructionTile).tileModelTransform.DOLocalMove(Vector3.down * fallPower, fallStiffness).SetEase(Ease.OutSine);
    3. // 2
    4. (targetPiece.Tile as DestructionTile).tileModelTransform.DOLocalMove((targetPiece.Tile as DestructionTile).tileModelLocalPos, fallStiffness).SetEase(Ease.OutSine);
    3) Check out DOTween.Init

@SidarVasco Agh, I was answering in a sequence and didn't notice you answered already. Thank you sir! :)
    P.S. Now that I answered the easy question I'm going to check your code.

D3ntrax likes this.
  42. Demigiant

Demigiant

@SidarVasco I replicated your code, and added an OnStepComplete callback to check the duration of each loop step. After 22 repetitions, the step time is constant (7.19N seconds), and I see no slowdowns. This makes me think there must definitely be something else happening in your project. Can you replicate your issue in a barebone example project? And if yes, please send it to me so I can check it out.

43. SidarVasco

SidarVasco

Ill try that. It's weird though because my project is pretty much barebones. But when i get home ill try again in a clean project.

FYI I did reset the setup, but that didn't work.

44. Dragonic89

Dragonic89

Hello,

We just found maybe a bug with a friend, between DOTween.Init and Time.captureFramerate !

Example test, just moving a uGUI image within 5 seconds :

Code (CSharp):
    2. public Transform image;
    4. void Start () {
    6.         //first and only script of the example
    8.         Time.captureFramerate = 10;
    10.         DOTween.defaultTimeScaleIndependent = true;
    12.         image.DOLocalMoveY(-450,5);
    14.     }
    Problem : with this code, the animation is too fast (~1 second).

We also found a weird fix :

Code (CSharp):
    2. public Transform image;
    4. void Start () {
    6.         //first and only script of the example
    8.         Time.captureFramerate = 10;
    10.         DOTween.Init();//can be called before or after "captureFramerate" but not after "defaultTimeScaleIndependent"
    12.         DOTween.defaultTimeScaleIndependent = true;
    14.         image.DOLocalMoveY(-450,5);
    16.     }
    And now everything is OK, the animation lasts for 5 seconds.
    It seems weird that we have to call "DOTween.Init();" manually to fix that.

45. D3ntrax

D3ntrax

@Izitmee

Thank you, You're Awesome !

46. D3ntrax

D3ntrax

@Izitmee

Hello Again,

I'm working on a Tile-Based game and I can't figure out how to make my tiles bounce effect smoothly like in candy crush.
    I am using IEnumerator and DOTween. I have some troll problems. :D How can i fix this code ?

My Code :

Code (CSharp):
    1. public IEnumerator ApplyTileBounceEffect(float bounceStiffness, float bouncePower, float firstBounceBackFactor = 0.4f) {
    2.   if (!this.fallBounceAnimEnabled) {
    3.   this.fallBounceAnimEnabled = true;
    4.   if (NormalTile.OnStartTileImpactBounce != null) {
    5.   NormalTile.OnStartTileImpactBounce.Invoke(this);
    6.   }
    7.   this.fallBounceAnimTweener1 = transform.DOLocalMove(Vector3.up * bouncePower, bounceStiffness).SetEase(Ease.OutExpo);
    8.   if (NormalTile.fallBounceWait == null) NormalTile.fallBounceWait = new WaitForSeconds(bounceStiffness * firstBounceBackFactor);
    9.   yield return NormalTile.fallBounceWait;
    10.   this.fallBounceAnimTweener2 = transform.DOLocalMove(transform.localPosition, bounceStiffness).SetEase(Ease.OutBounce).OnComplete(delegate {
    11.   this.fallBounceAnimEnabled = false;
    12.   });
    13.   }
    14.   yield break;
    15.   }
    It's look like very very troll. Here ;

47. JakeTBear

JakeTBear

@Furkann
    maybe try this?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public IEnumerator ApplyTileBounceEffect(float bounceStiffness, float bouncePower, float firstBounceBackFactor = 0.4f) {
    2.   if (!this.fallBounceAnimEnabled) {
    3.   this.fallBounceAnimEnabled = true;
    4.   if (NormalTile.OnStartTileImpactBounce != null) {
    5.   NormalTile.OnStartTileImpactBounce.Invoke(this);
    6.   }
    7.   this.fallBounceAnimTweener1 = transform.DOLocalMove(Vector3.up * bouncePower + [B]transform.position[/B], bounceStiffness).SetEase(Ease.OutExpo);
    8.   if (NormalTile.fallBounceWait == null) NormalTile.fallBounceWait = new WaitForSeconds(bounceStiffness * firstBounceBackFactor);
    9.   yield return NormalTile.fallBounceWait;
    10.   this.fallBounceAnimTweener2 = transform.DOLocalMove(transform.localPosition, bounceStiffness).SetEase(Ease.OutBounce).OnComplete(delegate {
    11.   this.fallBounceAnimEnabled = false;
    12.   });
    13.   }
    14.   yield break;
    15.   }
    if that doesnt work, try local position, I am not sure if this will do, I didnt test it, but it is worth a try, hope this helps!

Demigiant likes this.
  48. D3ntrax

D3ntrax

@JakeTBear

Thank you very much, my second problem, When I destroy the object, I sometimes get this error.

49. sevensails

sevensails

I have a problem and can't find the reason! After creating tons of Tweens in a short period of time I got errors similar to this one:

Code (csharp):
    2. IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    3. (wrapper stelemref) object:stelemref (object,intptr,object)
    4. DG.Tweening.Core.TweenManager.AddActiveTween (DG.Tweening.Tween t) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/Core/TweenManager.cs:769)
    5. DG.Tweening.Core.TweenManager.GetTweener[Vector3,Vector3,VectorOptions] () (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/Core/TweenManager.cs:97)
    6. DG.Tweening.DOTween.ApplyTo[Vector3,Vector3,VectorOptions] (DG.Tweening.Core.DOGetter`1 getter, DG.Tweening.Core.DOSetter`1 setter, Vector3 endValue, Single duration, DG.Tweening.Plugins.Core.ABSTweenPlugin`3 plugin) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/DOTween.cs:944)
    7. DG.Tweening.DOTween.To (DG.Tweening.Core.DOGetter`1 getter, DG.Tweening.Core.DOSetter`1 setter, Vector3 endValue, Single duration) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/DOTween.cs:348)
    8. DG.Tweening.ShortcutExtensions.DOLocalMoveY (UnityEngine.Transform target, Single endValue, Single duration, Boolean snapping) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/ShortcutExtensions.cs:582)
    9. Token.Update () (at Assets/_Game/Scripts/Token.cs:938)
    Another one :

Code (csharp):
    2. IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    3. DG.Tweening.Core.TweenManager.FilteredOperation (OperationType operationType, FilterType filterType, System.Object id, Boolean optionalBool, Single optionalFloat, System.Object optionalObj, System.Object[] optionalArray) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/Core/TweenManager.cs:413)
    4. DG.Tweening.DOTween.IsTweening (System.Object targetOrId) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__DOTween/_DOTween.Assembly/DOTween/DOTween.cs:870)
    5. Token.Update () (at Assets/_Game/Scripts/Token.cs:972)

After I got these erros, DOTWEEN breaks and I have to restart.

Any suggestion?

50. Tastman

Tastman

Why does the linear easing in a sequence behave differently from a tweener?

I was about to pull my hair out over not being able to make a looping sequence tween in a linear motion, when I realized I could create separate tweeners with no issues.