Search Unity

DOTS Physics is not good enough for webgl?

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by wechat_os_Qy07am7Wy1_qI2hEgygU9lgVI, Jan 28, 2021.

1. wechat_os_Qy07am7Wy1_qI2hEgygU9lgVI

wechat_os_Qy07am7Wy1_qI2hEgygU9lgVI

i used Unity Physics 0.5 for webgl to test,the fps is so low , Dose the unity team will consider to Optimize it in webgl???

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

One of the major advantages to DOTS is multithreading your code and a physics engine would be a good example of code that benefits heavily from threading, but last I checked Unity's WebGL implementation completely lacked multithreading which largely eliminates this benefit.

If this is still accurate then I wouldn't expect any improvements until they've added support for threading to WebGL.

3. recursive

recursive

I think the current expectation is if you want to use DOTS + WebGL, you'd use the tiny runtime, but I don't know if that supports the Unity.Physics package yet.

4. wechat_os_Qy07am7Wy1_qI2hEgygU9lgVI

I have tested, the unity physics in webgl can run, but the existence of bugs and run the effect is not ideal

5. wechat_os_Qy07am7Wy1_qI2hEgygU9lgVI

thanks,maybe i shouldnt use it for webgl

6. petarmHavok

petarmHavok

Unity.Physics should work in Tiny, we've been testing it and fixing issues when they arise. Please let us know if it worked for you.

steveeHavok likes this.
  7. steveeHavok

steveeHavok

Yeah, many of the Tiny Samples use DOTS Physics. What are you trying to simulate?

8. wechat_os_Qy07am7Wy1_qI2hEgygU9lgVI

i want it can work in webgl very smooth,i want it can work in webgl very smooth,but now the fps in webgl of Dots physics is very low.u guys can test it with https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/EntityComponentSystemSamples/tree/master/UnityPhysicsSamples (the same demo in web or in pc,the fps is so different,If it is phyx's built-in physical engine, the FPS on the web page is much higher than the dots version)

9. wechat_os_Qy07am7Wy1_qI2hEgygU9lgVI

i want it can work in webgl very smooth,i want it can work in webgl very smooth,but now the fps in webgl of Dots physics is very low.u guys can test it with https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/EntityComponentSystemSamples/tree/master/UnityPhysicsSamples (the same demo in web or in pc,the fps is so different,If it is phyx's built-in physical engine, the FPS on the web page is much higher than the dots version)

10. wechat_os_Qy07am7Wy1_qI2hEgygU9lgVI

However, there seems to be a problem with unity Phyiscs in webgl. If I package it as webgl, I will be prompted to report an error. The error information is as follows:at http://localhost:52034/Build/www.wasm.gz:wasm-function[28716]:0xbb2cf3....

is there any solution,thanks for advance!