Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

DOTS, I have a problem mixing the ECS render system and default render system

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by Rup3rt, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Rup3rt

Rup3rt

Hi!
    I'm currently using the ECS way of rendering; RenderMesh and LocalToWorld components on the entities that I want to render. But I just come across a problem when I try to also use the default unity render system(default game objects with mesh filter and mesh renderers) on top of the ECS render system.
    This is my situation: I have a Game Object between the camera and a rendering entity

|___|==> ...................[°°°] ....................O
    camera ................Gameobject.........Entity

Even tho the game object is closer to the camera than the entity, the entity is drawn on top of the Game Object and not otherwise.
    I don't know if these two rendering systems are incompatible or that this undesired behaviour is a result of a mistake of my own. If you know any suggestion I would love to hear it.
    Thanks

2. Rup3rt

Rup3rt

I just figured that this only occurs when the Game Object material has some transparency.
    But I can't think of the reason why it happens.

3. Radu392

Radu392

Hmm that’s weird. If you’re sure that it’s not your fault (check your 2 materials renderqueue, your positioning, your layers in case you use multiple cameras and z depth etc), then you should submit a bug report. Then wait for a fix for a long time or use one of the approaches above to get around it