Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

DOTS Hybrid Renderer not being able to Raytrace

Discussion in 'HDRP Ray Tracing' started by Daxode, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Daxode

Daxode

Hi, we're currently working on a non euclidean game where we need Ray Tracing to work with DOTS (portals and perfect mirrors), however it currently seems to be unsupported. As soon as I add a sub scene to my scene the whole scene goes black.. and sometimes white, and sometimes it rapidly flickers between the two - So I'm wondering am I doing anything wrong, or is this feature currently unsupported?

2. Yanus3D

Yanus3D

GI in ray-traced surfaces are not working fully. In fact, existing SSGI only partly solve problem. No solution in Unity yet for that.
    As off line render guy I also need this feature plus ray-traced reflection blur.

3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

You are not doing anything wrong, Hybrid Renderer doesn't support raytracing at all at the moment and judging from the staff answers I've gotten while asking around this functionality, it's not in any near term roadmap either. Meaning, it's not going to be there for another year at least.

Basically the only way you can get any raytracing with DOTS is to simply not use Hybrid Renderer and just sync your entities to the gameobject side (HDRP) renderer.

4. kobechenyang

kobechenyang

I assume unity have different team working on different packages, and when they want to make packages compatible, they have to make another package.