Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

DOTS and Playable Ads

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by davethomsonhutch, Jul 21, 2019.

1. davethomsonhutch

davethomsonhutch

Can you tell me when Playable Ads will be included in DOTS?

2. Thaina

Thaina

3. davethomsonhutch

davethomsonhutch

Thanks Thaina, but that is the older version of project tiny. The new version uses DOTS, and there is no option to set the build to Playable Ads.

4. Jalol

Jalol

I went back to 14.5 because I couldn't build Playable with 16.1 but if you find how to do it please let us know ;)

davethomsonhutch likes this.
  5. davethomsonhutch

davethomsonhutch

Hi Jalol,
    Do you have any example projects creating a playable ad per chance? I'm just getting started and looking for some inspiration :)

6. Jalol

Jalol

@davethomsonhutch We are finishing up the technical/art tests and entering production next week using 0.14.5 (aka nothing to show yet ^^).
    Biggest issue we had so far: an empty playable build with 14.5 weight ~1700kb (single pixel on a black background, no code no assets) against the facebook limit of 2Mb. With around 300kb for code/art, our functional prototypes looks pretty awful...

If you want examples of what people are doing with playable ads without tiny, look at company like Market.js and PlayableFactory who have live demo, best practices and examples.

Note: I made it sounds like I manage a huge team but there is only three of us and a skeleton budget *bubble pop*

7. ducloc96

ducloc96

you let me ask companies like marketJS, which engine do they use or build their own engine?