Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Mono Upgrade DotNetty problem with .net 4.6.

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by Seto, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Seto

Seto

I'm trying to use DotNetty with Unity3D. I remove the dependencies for .net standard. And it's working great on Windows. But for android, sometimes not.
    There's no dllimport for libc and Kernel32 in DotNetty source code. So maybe some c# native API in Unity mono uses libc or Kernel32 in android.
    And the Kernel32 missing is not always reported. The apk is working sometimes. But sometimes not.

I just want to find out the lines causing problem and use a workaround for it.
    I can provide a test project for it as well. How can I find out the problem?

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

There is likely some path in the class libraries which takes the wrong platform-specific path. It looks like it is assuming Windows here.

Which version of Unity are the using? If it is not the latest 2018.1 beta, can you try that? We've fixed some issues like this already. If this does happen on 2018.1, please submit a bug report.

3. Seto

Seto

Yes. It's the latest 2018.1. I have the projects with .net 4.6 and .net standard 2.0. Both are with this problem. Should I submit two issue for it?

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I think one issue will be fine. Please let mention that neither profile works though.

5. Seto

Seto

Here's the issue. case 1013829

JoshPeterson likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Seto Did you resolve this issue?

7. Kastar-Troy

Kastar-Troy

I've had similar issues with the mono bleeding edge dll's trying to access the kernel, Mono's 4.5 version does not seem to do this. I noticed that the 4.5 folder was the only folder with a wsdl generator, so I used the matching System.Web and System.Web.Services from that folder and they work, no kernel access crap.

This seems to be is a Mono Bleeding Edge issue with some of their api releases, 4.5 may work well for you too.

Hope this helps someone.

8. isbdnt

isbdnt

Same issue. Unity 2018.4.1f1