Search Unity

DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlexMares, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a free version of DoozyUI with limited features?

Poll closed May 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. gecko

gecko

the asset store still shows p5 -- can you let us know when p6 is available?

2. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @gecko,

We updated 5 hours ago, it should get approved in 24 to 48 hours depending on how long is the waiting queue for the Unity Asset Store review team. (It usually takes 16 to 24 hours, judging from our past experiences)

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

3. jGate99

jGate99

Good, so when can we expect 3?

4. HaoHaoHaoHaoHao

HaoHaoHaoHaoHao

hi @allemaar
    I'm using playmaker with doozyUI currently. Using ' send UI button message' on key press to simulate a click on my button. However, the sound/animation does not play. Could you please advise on how a good approach to this?

5. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @JohnGate,

We will roll out 2.9 as a bridge version (old and new code + new Editors for all of the components). Then, if it all looks good we'll upgrade to 3.0.

6. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @HaoHaoHaoHaoHao,

If you are trying to show/hide an UIElement, then use the Show Hide action.
    If you are trying to animate a button from code, that feature has not been implemented. You can send a button click event (it simulates that a button has been pressed, but it does not animate the button, nor does it play it's onClick sound).

What exactly is your use case scenario for this?

7. HaoHaoHaoHaoHao

HaoHaoHaoHaoHao

ah, I was hoping that when a button click was simulated, the sound/animation would play too. No worries. Will this feature be rolled out in the future?

8. jGate99

jGate99

i dont want to be a nuisaine, but can you give a "rough" idea when?
    I'm working on a project where i want to use DoozyUI's 3.0 version, just want to know if it'd happen soon or late.

9. bigd

bigd

Hola! I've purchased DoozyUI and just read that it only works as an overlay and not world space. Is that still the case? Looking to use it for a VR project. Thanks,

10. Nowlz

Nowlz

Thanks @allemaar , Version 2.7p6 installed and I can confirm the issues with the element sounds seems to be resolved.

AlexMares likes this.
  11. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @HaoHaoHaoHaoHao,

We will think about implementing this, as this would require to have a registry with all the buttons and add potential new issues.

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainent

12. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @JohnGate,

DoozyUI 3.0 will happen, but after we roll out 2.8 and 2.9 and we are sure that they are stable and error free.
    We have most of the 3.0 structure done and in testing, but we want it to have some backwards compatibility for on going projects before we release it.

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

jGate99 and Nowlz like this.
  13. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @bigd,

We updated the UIAnimator to work with any type of canvas, a few versions back.
    All you have to do is use a sprite mask on the root canvas (for a better visual experience) and you should be good to go.

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

14. gecko

gecko

We're using the RadialLayout script in a UI panel. Is there any built-in way to have the elements rotate around into view, rather than just all appearing in their final position? Basically designating a start and end Max Angle, and that slider moves from the start to end angle as a type of In Animation?

15. dusoft

dusoft

Hi! Sorry for my ignorant question. Does the plugin work to export IOS and Android games?

16. rgarrett7

rgarrett7

dusoft ... I have done a number of exports to iOS and it seems to work fine. Have not tried Android, but it very likely does, too.

17. j17ang

j17ang

where is the document? The document link is lose
    OK, I find it in project folder

18. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi geko,

There is not built-in way other than the final position. But you can set it to use custom start position and set that position from code. And that should help you achieve the effect you are looking for.

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

19. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @dusoft,

Yes, you can export to both iOS and Android.

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

20. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @j17ang,

We are aware of that broken link. Right now we are rewriting the entire manual because we are close to releasing the biggest update yet. Because version 3.0 has a new infrastructure, we are releasing versions 2.8 and 2.9 with backward compatibility in mind so that the transition from 2.x to 3.x will be smoother (and safer).

Here are a few screenshots of DoozyUI 2.8 version that we are testing right now (it has a lot of the 3.0 infrastructure integrated with the 2.x core).
    UIButton_2.8_1.PNG UIButton_2.8_2.PNG UIButton_2.8_3.PNG UIElement_2.8_1.PNG UIElement_2.8_2.PNG

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

21. j17ang

j17ang

Thanks for your reply
    Thanks for your reply! I think you should upgrade to 3.0 directly, because someone will use it in new project, like me. : )

22. DasUberbadger

DasUberbadger

Hi,

I'm having a persistent problem whenever I use Doozy with Playmaker. It's to do with the dUI_PlayMaker define, at some point in every project I start getting the "The associated script cannot be loaded, please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script" error, which usually manifests itself on PlaymakerEventDispatcher. Scripts failing to load are usually because the name of the monobehaviour doesn't match the filename, which would indicate that the #define isn't set. Disabling and reenabling playmaker via the Doozy control panel doesn't fix this (that's what I'd expect to set the define in the first place), so a local fix is to comment out the #if dUI_PlayMaker/#endif pairs in the script files.
    Has anyone come across this and/or know of a permanent fix without having to resort to script doctoring?

Thanks.

23. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @DasUberbadger,

DoozyUI has built-in support for a few useful assets and we manage that by using Scripting Define Symbols (also known as preprocessor directives). In order for this to work, when you enable support for PlayMaker, for example, all we do is to add 'dUI_PlayMaker' to the current active build platform.

Now, let's talk about your problem. If you enable support for PlayMaker and your current active build target is Android, the system will add 'dUI_PlayMaker' to that platform (and it should work without any issues). If you switch to iOS or WebGL or any other platform, you will need to have 'dUI_PlayMaker' added to the Scripting Define Symbols (found under File > Build Settings > Player Settings > (look at the Inspector) > select the 'Other Settings' tab > scroll until you see 'Scripting Define Symbols').

So, the question is, does this happen to you when you switch platforms or not?
    If the answer is yes, then make sure you have 'dUI_PlayMaker' added to all your build targets.
    We recommend using a Scripting Define Symbols manager like Ez Define Symbols - Preprocessor Directives Manager (FREE) by EZ ENTERTAINMENT.

Did this help you out?

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

24. Eljo_huckleberry

Eljo_huckleberry

Hey guys,

We've recently bought DoozyUI to play around with for our next game and it's looking real good.
    Currently using the orientation manager and a basic setup using two UIElements (akin www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBGzmxqWA2c) works as you'd expect.

However, when having UIElements inside a UINotification (the NotificationContainer), things get complicated.
    First, it's necessary to (temporary) unlink the UIElements from the UINotification in order to manually name them.
    Next, both elements are initially always being displayed no matter the actual orientation, but the behaviour is correct once an orientation change has happened.

Is it possible to use the Orientation Manager for UINotifications? If so, please let us know how to correctly apply it.
    If not, what would be the recommended way to support different orientations for notifications?

Thanks in advance,
    Eljo

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    MarcelBrouwer likes this.
  25. GrooGadgets

GrooGadgets

Heya,

I'm having a problem getting the Orientation Manager to work correctly. Can you confirm that it's working in version 5.6?

I want my UI Element to be visible when in landscape only. When I activate it in my project and make sure only landscape is checked it becomes disabled when I orientate to portrait but when I go back to landscape it doesn't reactivate.

I've tried this on the example scenes as well and it still doesn't work. As a last resort I created a new project with only Doozy UI and Dotween and still, it doesn't work.

The PDF documentation has hardly any details on the orientation manager so i'm not sure if there's something I need to do to get it to work as advertised. Please let me know if this is a bug or something I can fix myself.

Cheers,

Simon

26. DasUberbadger

DasUberbadger

Hi, thanks for the reply. It's fine when I switch platforms but looking back it may have been on import of new asset packs. I rebuilt the project from scratch and everything is OK now, if it happens again, I'll double check the dUI_PlayMaker define and report back.

Thanks!

27. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @Eljo_huckleberry,

Thank you for telling us about this, we are currently looking into it.
    We'll reply as soon as possible with why this is happening and how to fix it.

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

Eljo_huckleberry likes this.
  28. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @avrigus,

We are looking into the Orientation Manager right now. Can you please tell us what render mode are you using for the UIContainer canvas?

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

29. GrooGadgets

GrooGadgets

AlexMares likes this.
  30. Eljo_huckleberry

Eljo_huckleberry

@allemaar, thanks for looking into it. We found a workaround and are forcing the manager to update itself by calling
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UIManager.ChangeOrientation(UIManager.currentOrientation);
    with a slight delay right after showing a UINotification. The latter is interesting to note as the delay is necessary to make this work. Possibly due to Orientation Manager or UINotification code needing at least one frame to initialize? Anyway, thought we'd share this tidbit.

Looking forward to your own findings.

Greetings,
    Eljo

31. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

Howdy--just bought UI Management and UI Button.

1. Do I need to buy both? I wasn't sure if Button was included in Management.
    2. I'm at the beginning of a large project. Should I just wait for 2.8 or 2.9 or 3.0? I'll need a fairly seamless transition, but I'd also rather not learn the workflow twice.
    3. I'm getting the same compile error for 3 different scripts:
    Same error for DoozyUIRedundancyCheck.cs and UIBottonInspector.cs

Many thanks--looks like it will be great.

Ben

32. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

Any insight on those 3 questions would be sweet--thanks!

33. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @avrigus,

We did several tests trying to reproduce your issue, but we failed as the system worked as expected.
    The testes were made with the following:
    DOTween 1.1.575 + DoozyUI 2.7p6 + Unity 5.4.0f3 (64-bit) / Unity 5.5.0f3 (64-bit) / Unity 5.5.2f1 (64-bit) / Unity 5.6.0f3 (64-bit) / Unity 5.6.1f1 (64-bit)

Every test we executed the following steps for each Unity version:
    1. Import DOTween
    2. Setup DOTween (Tools -> Demigiant -> DOTween Utility Panel -> [Setup DOTween...])
    3. Import DoozyUI
    4. Set active platform to Android (File -> Build Settings -> Platform)
    5. Enabled Orientation Manager (DoozyUI -> Control Panel -> [Orientation Manager])
    6. Opened the scene named 'SimpleSceneExample' (Assets -> DoozyUI -> _EXAMPLES -> _Scenes -> SimpleSceneExample)
    7. Set orientation to 16:10 Portrait (10:16)
    8. Enter Play Mode (notice the Green UIElement - used on Portrait)
    9. Set orientation to 16:10 Landscape (16:10)
    9. Notice the UIElement switch from Green to Blue
    10. Exit Play Mode
    11. Enter Play Mode (notice the Blue UIElement - used on Landscape)
    12. Set orientation to 16:10 Portrait (10:16)
    13. Notice the UIElement switch from Blue to Green
    14. Set orientation to 16:10 Landscape (16:10)
    15. Notice the UIElement switch from Green to Blue
    16. Set orientation to 16:10 Portrait (10:16)
    17. Notice the UIElement switch from Blue to Green

NOTE: we used the same exact settings for the Canvas as the ones you had on the screenshot

Please tell us if by following the aforementioned steps you get the same result as we did or not. If not, we would like to see your project so that we may find where the issue comes from and fix it.

We apologize for the delayed response, we are doing lot of tests for the system for the 2.8 update.

Cheers,
    Alex

34. Eljo_huckleberry

Eljo_huckleberry

Hey, I'm not affiliated with DoozyUI in any way, but let me try to help you out a little:

1) UIButton is included in the DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System package. Take a look at the image as displayed in the Unity Asset Store (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/47352) and notice it's there. You will not have to buy UIButton separately.

2) I'm no expert on the matter, but by reading posts from Doozy in this topic, it seems like they already introduced some 3.0 elements to 2.7 and will do the same for 2.8+ I presume to make the transition to 3.0 as smoothly as possible. Judging by the amount of time we're already on 2.7 (meaning 3.0 is likely not to be introduced tomorrow) and assuming you need to start working on your project now, I'd just start using it actually.

3) No idea about this. Have you checked dependencies?

Greetings,
    Eljo

35. dusoft

dusoft

Hi! Any news?
    Do you know if DoozyUI works with Vuforia AR framework? Specially with the Vuforia AR Camera?

36. Eljo_huckleberry

Eljo_huckleberry

Hey there @bigd and @dusoft,

Just tested and it's trivially easy to set the Doozy "UI Camera" to Perspective and "UI Container" to World Space. I was able to rotate elements around and position them in 3D space. I'd imagine that's what you need to make this work in VR.

Greetings,
    Eljo

37. dusoft

dusoft

Ok, thanks for the information, then I will buy a DoozzyUI amazing tool, but if you have a little example to share about it,
    I appreciate it, I am a beginner in unity ..

Thanks in advanced!

38. KIMSEONHO

KIMSEONHO

39. Eljo_huckleberry

Eljo_huckleberry

I don't think those two assets are meant to coexist in the same project. The Doozy UIButton is already part of the "DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System" asset. Really not quite sure why both assets are available, but try to remove the stand-alone UIButton asset from your project and only depend on the other one. This >> https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/47352 << is the one you need.

40. zukinet

zukinet

Hi Allemaar,

i have sent you email about Dozzy UI for 3D Games... Please reply and let me know any update...

or Are your plugin not supporting live 3D Games ?

41. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @zukinet,

Here is the reply we sent you via email.

DoozyUI works with any app or game 2D or 3D. It does not matter, as it uses only native Unity components. You are doing a basic Unity setup wrong.

Please see the image below for a basic 2 camera setup.
    Basic Camera Setup.png

One camera (MainCamera) is your game camera and the other (UICamera) is the UI camera. The Main Camera should see (draw) everything but the UI layer and the UI Camera should see (draw) only the UI layer and nothing else.

Let's take it step by step:
    1. You should have an UI sorting layer that should be rendered above the UI layer (see image)
    2. Your Main Camera should have the Culling Mask set to Mixed ... (you do that by unselecting the UI layer)
    3. Your Main Camera should have the Depth set to -1 (it should be the first in the Render Queue, as we draw the UI after that, thus in front of it)
    4. The UI Camera should have Clear Flags set to Depth only
    5. The UI Camera should have the Culling Mask set to UI (it should see (draw) only the UI layer and nothing else)
    6. The UI Camera should have the Depth set to 0 (it should be drawn after the Main Camera, thus in front of it)
    7. The UI Container is your main canvas (also known as your root canvas).
    8. The UI Container's Canvas is set, in your particular case, to have the Render Mode - 'Screen Space - Camera'. Notice that the UI Camera is referenced
    9. The UI Container's Canvas is set to the 'UI' Sorting Layer
    10. (Optional) Should you need to, reset the child Canvases and Renderes of the UI Container to the 'UI' sorting layer by pressing the button [Update Canvases & Rendereres] that can be found on the UI Container.

Notice that you configure ONLY native Unity components. This being a basic two camera setup. You do not need to touch any of DoozyUI's components in order for this setup to work.

Please read about the following native Unity components in order to get a better understanding of how you can tweak this setup to your liking:
    1. Tags and Layers - https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-TagManager.html
    2. Camera - https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-Camera.html
    3. Canvas - https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UICanvas.html
    4. UI Canvas - Tutorial - https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/user-interface-ui/ui-canvas?playlist=17111

Should this not help you out, we are happy to take a look at your Scene and help you with your setup. Just let us know.

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    jprocha101 likes this.
  42. Nowlz

Nowlz

Just tried to use Doozy UI in my project in unity 5.6.2f1 and none of the buttons respond.

So created a new test project imported DOTween and went through setup and imported Doozy UI and added to scene. Added Doozy UI Button but still unresponsive. Is this a known issue? Or have I missed something?

Solved : By default, when adding Doozy UI to your scene this adds Background and Foreground objects. The Foreground contains a Canvas component, removing this solved the issue.;

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  43. GrooGadgets

GrooGadgets

Hey Alex,

I don't think you understand what I am trying to do.

I want my Doozy UI menu to only appear in landscape mode. When the user rotates to portrait the menu will disappear, then when they rotate back to landscape it appears again.

In the SimpleSceneExample scene, I turn off the portrait mode button. When I start in landscape, the menu is there, when I switch to portrait the menu has disappeared. When I change back to landscape the menu is still gone.

So basically it seems your orientation manager only works when there is both a landscape and portrait version of the menu. Is this a bug?

44. camaech

camaech

Does anyone know how to capture the name of a gameObject on a UI Button click? I'm trying the use a UI Trigger but all I can ever get is the UI Button name and I need to get the gameObject.name

45. sarebots2

sarebots2

Hi, I'm using DoozyUI version 2.7p6
    I was wondering if there is a way I can use the scene loader with a delay (Without Scripting, Obv)
    Since I have a level panel with a lot of different buttons for opening different levels, but I perform a blackout by fading a filled black image for a smoother transition. Using the "Send Game Events" Feature is very helpful since I just edit in the inspector. But I want to send it with a delay. So I guess it would be great if there was a delay feature in show elements, hide elements, and send game events.

46. sarebots2

sarebots2

I solved my case by creating a trigger that listens to all game events and calls a method to load the level with a delay (Scripting/Coroutine). But I guess this makes the DoozyUI Scene Loader useless for me since I almost always have some transition before changing levels. I think the delay feature for individual events in send game events would be really useful for a lot of devs, you should really consider adding it.

47. zukinet

zukinet

Hi Alex,

I have try your UI Framework. it's so cool

However, now i have a small box View Port Camera (2nd Camera) in top corner of my screen (it's Top Element, the Depth is highest)...

now, it cannot moved through Doozy UI's Panel and/or Animation...

It's possible move it using Doozy UI ? or not

(if Yes, i will findout myself)

48. AVOlight

AVOlight

Hi @allemaar

is there any info on handling localization with DoozyUI?

49. AlexMares

AlexMares

pageAboutDoozyUIVersion.png

Nowlz likes this.
  50. AlexMares

AlexMares