Search Unity

DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlexMares, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a free version of DoozyUI with limited features?

Poll closed May 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. JasonVSG

JasonVSG

I found a less elegant solution to prevent the navigator from doing the Escape/BackButton. I disable the Notification/UIElement scripts. It works so I'm going to go with that for now. Enabling them seems to allow them to work back into the Navigator again.

2. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @JasonVSG,

Thank you for telling us about your particular case. We can add an option (toggle) on the UINotification and set it not to listen for the back button or we can add another parameter for the ShowUiNotification. (though the first option would be a better candidate for this sort of thing)

What would be your input on this?

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

3. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @Geko,

If you have many 'move' animations, you may need to re-calibrate them a bit. The new animator system takes the RectTransfrom size and the root Canvas size into account when calculating the positions. In the previous version, we were looking at the screen size and the Canvas size of the target RectTransform. We decided to do this because the new system is faster, more accurate (because we are using the RectTransfrom size you will have the same animation times in any scenario) and it allows the usage of any type and size of canvas. Also you no longer disable the UICamera for the first frame (another bonus :) ).

Is there a way to have a UI Element appear for X seconds, then exit and trigger actions (Show/Hide elements, and send game events)? Or will we need to script that?
    The easy way is to create a script. And here it is ;) :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    4. namespace DoozyUI
    5. {
    6.     [RequireComponent(typeof(UIElement))]
    7.     public class HideUiElementAfterTime : MonoBehaviour
    8.     {
    9.         public float timeToWait = 5f;   //the time we wait until we trigger the OUT animations for the target UIElement
    10.         public List<string> gameEvents; //the gameEvents we want to send before we trigger the OUT animations for the target UIElement
    12.         private UIElement uiElement;    //reference for the target UIElement
    14.         void Awake()
    15.         {
    16.             uiElement = GetComponent<UIElement>();
    17.             if (timeToWait > 0)
    18.                 Invoke("HideUiElement", timeToWait);    //we send the gameEvents and we hide the target UIElement after the set amount of time
    19.         }
    21.         void HideUiElement()
    22.         {
    23.             if (gameEvents != null && gameEvents.Count > 0) //send the gameEvents
    24.                 UIManager.SendGameEvents(gameEvents);
    26.             UIManager.HideUiElement(uiElement.elementName); //hide the target UIElement
    27.         }
    28.     }
    29. }
    Did this help you out?

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

4. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @witcher101,

Please send us an email at doozy.entertainment@gmail.com because we need to send you a custom UINotification.
    Because you are using Unity 5.3 you do not have the WaitForSecondsRealtime option so we need to give a modified version with an Invoke.

We'll wait for your email.

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

5. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @JasonVSG,

The listener is on the UINotification script (see the Update method). Thus you do not need to disable all the scripts.
    See our previous answer (to you) and tell us what method would you rather use (a new toggle on the UINotification component or a parameter for the ShowUiNotification method).

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

6. gecko

gecko

Thanks so much! (And I got my animations back to how I wanted them.)

So one question on this timer script--how do I have it Show/Hide DoozyUI elements? Forgive me if that's obvious, but I've only done it using the Button inspector.

7. witcher101

witcher101

I encountered another bug it seems.
    My timescale is 0.
    I am using onlickanimation twich to left.
    If u spam click on button.Button would be stuck in rotated position, unchecking allowmultiple clicks and wait for onclick animation to finish, has no effect.

8. jprocha101

jprocha101

HI @allemaar,

Great plugin so far. Only one issue I noticed - I place most of my buttons in horizontal or vertical layout groups (my OCD burns if they are not perfectly lined up), when doing so the animations do not work as expected. When the animation ends the button ends up in a different position then when the animation started.

Is this a known issue or is there a work around?

Here is an example when I use a mini jump button click animation. It does the animation, but afterwards the button flies over to the left.

upload_2016-10-8_23-7-53.png

upload_2016-10-8_23-11-7.png

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  9. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

i had same problem with a plugin doing grid snapping placement, check if you dont have that in your scene. like progrid or other

10. jprocha101

jprocha101

thanks for the reply, I only have DOTween and DoozyUI in the scene in question.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  11. jGate99

jGate99

@allemaar
    First of all well done for such a great product.
    Secondly, i'm interested in buying it but have few questions.
    - Do you support Canvas with Physical Constant Size?
    - i know it supports Portrait and Landscape where you can show or hide or set size and position of objects based on orientation. However what about Mobile and Tablet Screen? Because my app's canvas is constant physical size and its an app, so a mobile screen cant show what a tablet screen? Any support for that? if not when coming?
    - I read about Doozy 3, when its coming, what is expected in it?

Thanks

12. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

im using it for mobile project and in my opinion:

yes it does but not recommended, except if you have one set of texture for each screen size, which would be a nightmare to work on if you want to support as much as phone/tablets as you can

in that case its just better to use Scale with screen size + correctly anchoring everything, so switching between 16/10 and 16/8 would just naturally work

13. jGate99

jGate99

Thank you for your reply, however product we are building is a Pure App, so scaling wont work for us as ui has to be constant size on every resolution.

14. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @gecko,

That script was meant to auto hide any UiElement after it has been instantiated. If you want a script that auto hides an UiElement after it has been shown, just use the one below.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    4. namespace DoozyUI
    5. {
    6.     [RequireComponent(typeof(UIElement))]
    7.     public class HideUiElementAfterShown : MonoBehaviour
    8.     {
    9.         public float timeToWait = 5f;   //the time we wait until we trigger the OUT animations for the target UIElement
    10.         public List<string> gameEvents; //the gameEvents we want to send before we trigger the OUT animations for the target UIElement
    12.         private UIElement uiElement;    //reference for the target UIElement
    14.         void Start()
    15.         {
    16.             uiElement = GetComponent<UIElement>(); //get the reference to the UiElement
    17.             uiElement.onInAnimationsFinish.AddListener(HideUiElementAfterTime); //add a non persistent listener to the onInAnimationsFinish event
    18.         }
    20.         void HideUiElementAfterTime()
    21.         {
    22.             Invoke("HideUiElement", timeToWait); //trigger the hide method after the specified amount of time (timeToWait)
    23.         }
    25.         void HideUiElement()
    26.         {
    27.             if (gameEvents != null && gameEvents.Count > 0) //send the gameEvents (if any event was added to the list)
    28.                 UIManager.SendGameEvents(gameEvents);
    30.             UIManager.HideUiElement(uiElement.elementName); //hide the target UIElement (and any other UiElements with the same name and any connected UiEffects)
    31.         }
    32.     }
    33. }
    Usage:
    1. Create an UiElement (add IN and OUT animations)
    2. Add the HideUiElementAfterShown component to the same gameObject as the UiElement
    3. Set the desired values to the HideUiElementAfterShown script
    4. Trigger show for the UiElement (either from an UIButton or from code)
    5. Done -> the script will auto hide the target UiElement after the set amount of time (timeToWait)

Did this make sense and help you out?

Cheers,
    Alex

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  15. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @witcher101,

We'll take a look at this issue and get back to you asap. Thank you for telling us about this.

Cheers,
    Alex

16. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @jprocha101,

We'll do some tests on this and get back to you.
    Did you have this issue with the 2.5 version as well? (I am asking you this, because we changed the 'move' animator system to a new one).

Cheers,
    Alex

jprocha101 likes this.
  17. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @JohnGate,

Do you support Canvas with Physical Constant Size?
    The system should work with any Canvas type as it calculates it's animation values on the fly. We did a test for you (see video)

i know it supports Portrait and Landscape where you can show or hide or set size and position of objects based on orientation. However what about Mobile and Tablet Screen? Because my app's canvas is constant physical size and its an app, so a mobile screen cant show what a tablet screen? Any support for that? if not when coming?

Please explain a bit more what exactly are you looking for, as we got a bit confused about your question.
    The Portrait and Landscape are orientations and Mobile and Tablet screens are physical devices.
    Are you looking for a special way of showing different UiElements by device type (mobile/tablet)?

I read about Doozy 3, when its coming, what is expected in it?
    We are trying to get it ready by December and, it all the tests go well, we should be on time. Right now we are actively developing version 2.7 and the next major version 3.0, with an emphasis on the latter.
    DoozyUI 3.0 will come with:
    - A new core that will have a modular design
    - Better components and some new ones
    - Any canvas support and multiple canvas support
    - all the components will also work as standalone modules, being activated only if in use

Should you have any other questions, fire away! :)

Cheers,
    Alex

18. jprocha101

jprocha101

Thanks for the quick reply. I have only used 2.6. I noticed not all the click animations have the issue. UI elements in a layout group do have the issue as well, so it is not specific to buttons.

Great asset, keep up the good work!

19. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi All,

We are working very hard to have DoozyUI 3.0 ready as soon as possible and I am happy to announce that the UIButton is almost ready for testing.
    It's features are:
    - Enable/Disable Multiple Clicks with a custom Disable Interval (how long should the button be disabled between clicks)
    - Events for OnHoverEnter, OnHoverExit, OnPointerDown, OnPointerUp, OnClick, OnDoubleClick, OnLongClick
    - OnClick can be set to either Instant or Delayed mode.
    - OnDoubleClick has a custom Double Click Interval (the time interval between two sequential clicks that makes them count as a Double Click)
    - OnLongClick has a custom Long Click Interval (the time interval the button has to be pressed down in order to trigger a Long Click)
    - AnimatorModule and SoundModule for each Event type. (EffectModule is still under development)
    - AnimatorModule has 7 animations types (punchMove, punchRotate, punchScale, move, rotate, scale, fade) and a new presets system that works with Categories and PresetNames - the presets can be reused in future projects.
    - SoundModule works with either a referenced AudioClip or with a string filename of a sound file located under a Resources folder.
    - EffectModule - allows the usage/trigger of ParticleSystems - still under development.

Here is a quick look at the DoozyUI 3.0 - UIButton (work in progress):

We know we have a slower than usual response time for your requests, but we are quite overworked trying to deliver DoozyUI 3.0 as soon as possible. In the mean time we are also upgrading the current asset store version to the 2.7 version with various new features and a few bug fixes. So it's a bit hard to answer in just a few hours to any support request.
    Please understand that we are actively developing our assets and that you have our full support, should you need it, but it will be a bit slower that normal, until we launch the 3.0 version.

Cheers,
    Alex

PS: Any feature suggestions are most welcomed!

johanneskopf and jprocha101 like this.
  20. jGate99

jGate99

Thanks, Doozy 3 sounds really great especially standalone modules, as we might not be using everything but effects, particle over ui, orientation etc.

Now back to question.
    I'm actually developing a pure app, image a search input, with sort type dropdown, and a ascending/descending order buttton all in one row. which look really good on Tablet, however on mobile there is not enough space to show them all in one row.
    Please note that we are developing app, so no scaling, constant physical size on every device just like a real app.

21. jGate99

jGate99

Another Question is,
    Your Control Panel in videos when presses back button work like a Stack Navigator, can you provide this in Doozy UI too so this way we can do like showScreen and pass a Prefab, and it shows that prefab by sliding and moving to second prefab. something like this

22. witcher101

witcher101

Hi
    I am getting this error when i swtiched to webplayer

DoozyUI.FileHelper' does not contain a definition for `GetFolderPath'

Is there a fix to this.
    Pls help

23. steeloblk

steeloblk

Hi,

I have two scenes A & B. Each will have a UI element and button. Currently I have Doozy, in each scene because they a set up singularly..

Scene B will always be added to A (additive load). And removed by unloading. Can there be two Doozy objects in the combined heirarchy/additive scene representing menus for both scenes... A and B. Or is Doozy set up so there can only be one for scenes A and B combined additive?

thanks

24. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @JohnGate,

DoozyUI uses native Unity UI components by adding functionality and a management system on top of it. Whatever you can do with Unity's uGUI you can do with DoozyUI. Also, as you saw in the test, the animator system works on any canvas type and size so your particular use case scenario is supported.

Cheers,
    Alex

25. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @JohnGate,

You can do that by using the UI Navgiation System that comes with DoozyUI and the UIElements for the animations. The UI Navigation System uses a stack to handle navigation history. What you saw in the Control Panel is a custom editor script that is usable only inside the Unity Editor.
    So to answer your question, you can achieve the same effect with a proper configuration of DoozyUI.

Cheers,
    Alex

26. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @witcher101,

Unity does not give permission for files in System.IO on this platform for security reasons.
    That is the only platform that has this issue and it has been deprecated (also it has been removed from Unity as of 5.4).You should change the target platform to WebGL in order to build for a browser.

Does switching the target platform fix this issue?

Cheers,
    Alex

27. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @steeloblk,

There should be only one Doozy, but since version 2.6 you can do the following setup.
    1. Your MainScene should contain Doozy (with the UIManager)
    2. You create your other scenes and and you add a canvas (of any type and size) in them with any UIElements inside of it.
    3. Upon loading additive the other scenes, the UIElements will register themselves to the UIManager and work as expected.
    4. Upon unloading the said scenes, the UIElements will unregister themselves from the UIManager.

Did this make sense to you?

Cheers,
    Alex

28. witcher101

witcher101

Hi
    It does work in webgl.
    Anyway i deleted all those lines in code and it seems to work now in webplayer as well

29. aheidorn

aheidorn

Hi,

I've been converting my projects from NGui and EZGui to the Unity GUI (uGui) system using DoozyUI (2.6) as my panel management system. So far, it has been really straightforward and kind of fun to use - so thanks for a great package!

I've run into an issue with UINotifications in ver 2.6 that seems like a glaring bug for everyone - so perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I'm using a prefab in Resources, calling ShowNotification, and it seems to work as expected... until you dismiss the notification. The Out animations don't get called; eventually the Notification object gets destroyed and disappears.

Debugging the code I find that GetUiElements (in UIManager.HideUiElement) can't find the generated NotificationContainer's elementName. I see that the OnEnable does call RegisterToUIManager, but the elementName is ~Element Name~.

Looking in UINotification.Awake I see:
    notificationName = "Notification" + "[" + gameObject.GetInstanceID() + "]";
    notificationContainer.elementNameReference.elementName = notificationName;
    However, the RegisterUiElement function will use notificationContainer.elementName, not notificationContainer.elementNameReference.elementName.

I added the following line after the above lines in UINotification.Awake():
    notificationContainer.elementName = notificationName;
    and now everything works as expected (I also added it to the overlay, effects and special elements).

Is this indeed a bug in UINotification.cs, or am I doing something wrong in my setup?

Secondly, using the ShowNotification with a GameObject reference doesn't seem to work right for me. You still need the named prefab in the Resources folder or you get an error in the console log.

30. steeloblk

steeloblk

Yes!, that works. Thanks for the Help. Great product!!!!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    AlexMares likes this.
  31. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @aheidorn,

We can confirm that there is indeed a bug in the UINotification in version 2.6. We already have the fix for this and it will be available in the next update. Right now we are addressing another possible issue with the UINotification, not working as expected, when the root Canvas, located on the 'UI Container', is set to Overlay. Should you need an urgent fix, please send us an email and we can provide you with an alpha version for the 2.7 update.
    Also, thank you for letting us know about this. It really helps!

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

32. AlexMares

AlexMares

33. jGate99

jGate99

34. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @JohnGate,

We are getting ready to release the first 3 modules next week: Font Awesome, Orientation Manager and UIButton. They will work as standalone assets.
    Also DoozyUI version 2.7 will be ready by the end of next week and it will get released as well.

If all the modules will be ready in time (and have passed all the various quality and stress tests), we estimate that in December DoozyUI 3 will be ready to launch. The asset's quality will be higher then the currently released version as it incorporates a lot of know-how we gathered thus far and has a cleaner & more efficient code structure.

Cheers,
    Doozy Entertainment

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    jGate99 and jprocha101 like this.
  35. jprocha101

jprocha101

Hi @allemaar,

I remember reading in your documentation or hearing on one of your videos that we should place an Image component along with the UI Element component. If I do not, then after the element finishes animating I see some trailing residuals as shown in the screenshot below.

So basically only "panel menus" with a solid background image can show/hide with animations, but in this case I want some text and buttons all to animate onto the screen at different intervals when the scene starts.

Is this a bug? If not, do you have any plans to allow that type of behavior for buttons and text without requiring a solid image as its background.

Thank you in advance.

Looks like this after animation is complete, it trails while animating as well:
    upload_2016-10-15_18-4-14.png

This is what it should look like after the animation (I disabled UI Element):
    upload_2016-10-15_18-8-27.png

Attached Files:

36. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @jprocha101,

That is a camera setup problem. You have no background and Unity's depth buffer goes nuts. Just set your MainCamera to have Clear Flags: Solid Color and set the Background color to full black (in your particular case) and full alpha (so RGBA 0,0,0,255 or #000000FF). Or you can set a fixed image as your background. This is normal Unity behavior and it can be easily fixed. :)

Did this do the trick?

Cheers,
    Alex

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  37. jprocha101

jprocha101

That worked! Thanks for quick reply, great support!

AlexMares likes this.
  38. jprocha101

jprocha101

hey @allemaar - I noticed when I save an animation on a UI Element, that same animation is not available on a different UI Element. Not sure if that is intentional or not. Thanks!

39. raybarrera

raybarrera

Hey Alex,

Yeah the explanation makes sense. However, I'm still having the strange issue I originally described. The event for my button only get's fired when I select the button in the scene view and click it in the game view. This of course means it does not work at all on device.

40. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @jprocha101,

That should not happen, thank you for letting us know about this. We'll take a look at it right away.

Cheers,
    Alex

41. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @raybarrera,

We are adding a few last minute fixes to DoozyUI 2.7 version and we expect it to fix your issue. If that is not the case, we would like to ask you to send us an email so that we can get a deeper look into this.

Cheers,
    Alex

42. AlexMares

AlexMares

The UIButton - standalone module - is ready!

You will be able to have triggers for OnHoverEnter, OnHoverExit, OnPointerDown, OnPointerUp, OnClick, OnDoubleClick, OnLongClick. For each trigger you can Animate (110 animation presets already included in the package), you can play a Sound (from a referenced AudioClip or from a Recources folder) and you can start/stop/burst a ParticleSystem (that can be anywhere inside the scene).

Here is a quick introduction...

It will come with DoozyUI 3.0 + some extra management features that are not included in the standalone module.

jprocha101 likes this.
  43. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

will it be easy to upgrade to 3.0?

44. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @Damien-Delmarle,

We don't know that yet, as we are considering several migration options at the moment.
    Right now we are planning to create a special migration tool from 2.x to 3.0. The new system uses the same namespace, but the code has been greatly improved, modified and cleaned.
    We are still a few modules away from the core, but we're getting there.

Cheers,
    Alex

jprocha101 likes this.
  45. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

as long as we dont have to rebuild the whole gui its fine for me:D

46. jprocha101

jprocha101

@allemaar the update is looking awesome! Do you guys offer beta builds for us to try out?

47. wahyuway

wahyuway

My game use screen space overlay. I still cant get it work with current version. Is there any workaround now before we get the v3.0?

48. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @Damien-Delmarle,

That is why we are considering building a migration tool especially for this.

Cheers,
    Alex

49. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @jprocha101,

We are still in early alpha and we need to finish and test other modules before we can integrate the core. We haven't thought about the possibility of beta testers, but we'll take your suggestion into account. ;)

Thank you,
    Alex

jprocha101 likes this.
  50. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @wahyuway,

Can you please send us an email at support@doozyentertainment.com or at doozy.entertainment@gmail.com so that we may take a look at your particular use case scenario and see how we can fix it?
    We would like to know what exactly does not work as intended and how you use the system.
    Version 2.7 comes with some changes related to Screen Space - Overlay and if this is a new issue, we want to fix it asap.
    Here are the partial release notes for version 2.7 (currently in alpha version 7):
    ------
    Version 2.7 a7

IMPROVEMENTS
    UIManager
    --The ShowNotification methods now return a reference to the UINotification.
    --There is a new automated system that disables all the UIButtons clicks when an UIElement is in transit (IN or OUT). This was introduced to prevent accidental button clicks when an UIElement is animating. Two new methods are now available UIManager.DisableButtonClicks() and UIManager.EnableButtonClicks().
    UINotification
    --HideNotification(bool hideAndDestroy = true) method has been added to the UINotification. This will allow you to hide the UINotification from script (if you have the direct reference to the notification).
    --A new setting is now available: bool listenForBackButton (default: true). You can now toggle if the UINotification should listen when the Back Button is pressed or not.

CHANGES
    UIElement
    --No longer uses elementNameReference. It only uses elementName.
    UIButton
    --No longer uses buttonNameReference and onClickSoundReference. It only uses buttonName and onClickSound.

FIXES
    UIManager
    --GetUiElements now returns an empty list of UIElements instead of null if the elementName was not found in the database.
    --There was a bug when using a GameObject prefab reference to instantiate an UINotification. Now the issue has been fixed and it will work as expected.
    --When instantiating an UINotification, and the UI Container's Canvas component is set to Render Mode: Screen Space - Overlay, we set the min and max offset to zero. This fixes the issue with partialy visible UINotifications because of the UI Container's world position.
    --Fixed a small issue with the OrientationManager when starting in Landscape mode.
    UIAnimator
    --The OnClickAnimations now return to the initial values (move,rotate, scale) even if the timescale is set to zero.
    UINotification
    --Fixed the coroutine that closed the notification after the set delay. We created our own realtime timer inside the coroutine, to make it compatible with any Unity version.
    GENERAL
    --Changed most coroutines to work in real time instead of scaled time.

Thank you,
    Alex

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016