Search Unity

DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlexMares, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a free version of DoozyUI with limited features?

Poll closed May 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. AlexMares

AlexMares

Sorry about that. We've separated our documentation from the website because it was not a sustainable model.

Below are the new links (you can also find them on our Discord server (https://discord.gg/y9Axq7b) where we can also chat)

Help Desk: http://bit.ly/DoozyHelpDesk
    Knowledge Base v4: http://bit.ly/DoozyKnowledgeBase4
    Knowledge Base v3: http://bit.ly/DoozyKnowledgeBase

Unity Asset Store: http://bit.ly/DoozyUIManager

Untitl3d and nschulz like this.
  2. altepTest

altepTest

Ok, so I want to post this to help users that will have issues with using the version 4 of this asset. I feel the pain for the developer as he will most likely get hit with bad reviews and support requests for something that may not be his fault.

Some of you may not know but currently there is a unknown bug in unity that MAY screw up you unity project. It is a gamble, it may or may not happen. In short, unity will freeze for minutes while doing simple tasks. You want to open a window, let say the UIMenu from this asset? Three, five ten minutes of freeze waiting time. You want to save the scene? Unity may hang out for hours forcing you to kill the process from the task manager.

What is important to know that in most cases the assets you have installed, including this one, have no actual fault. It is more likely the unity editor to blame here.

Unity team asked for help in figuring out this issue but I see no progress for now close to 8 months maybe. Here is the thread.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/editor-progress-bar-stalls-request-for-bug-reports.1137817/

Now why I post here. Unfortunately, this assets have a lot of files included, 15k or more. One of a possible theory for the bug I mentioned above is that unity will randomly start re-importing your project assets even if those assets never changed. This may happen when you do something simple and unrelated to importing assets, like clicking on a menu option or moving something in the scene. Thing is you can't predict it. And once you get this bug with your project is game over.

Can you see the issue? if unity decides to reimport everything after you have clicked on a game object in your scene or changed some option in properties panel, the editor will freeze for minutes till it reimports 15k of files.

I currently have a project that is made of the default HDRP template and the version 4 of this asset. It takes 10 minutes to load the project. And while working sometimes unity will hang for 4 to 6 minutes, especially when opening the asset UIMenu for the first time after opening the project.

The combination of this asset having so many files inside and this unkown bug is a real problem. (I have no solution.) Found one solution, move the project to an SSD. If you find that your project behaves like this please post in that unity thread and maybe they can figure out what is the issue.

For reference I use the 2021.1.24f1 version. But this bug is present in the 2020 versions also, including the LTS versions

EDIT:

I want to amend this, while everything above still I think is true, I've fixed the issue with this asset by moving the unity project to a SSD. In short if you have a normal HDD you will be heavily penalized by the increased fragmentation of temporary files created by unity. I've explained this at the link bellow, so I will not write everything again here

https://forum.unity.com/threads/edi...t-for-bug-reports.1137817/page-2#post-7577323

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    yimi_cgh and AlexMares like this.
  3. AlexMares

AlexMares

Thank you for taking the time and looking into this. As you predicted this issue already happened and a few users already complained of having experienced longer than normal wait times when opening the project.

We are trying to track down what might trigger this lag, but haven't had any success so far. A one time wait to get everything set up is not a big deal, but having this happen every time the project is opened turns this into a problem.

4. altepTest

altepTest

I've reduced the loading issue by adding an SSD to my computer and moving the entire project to this faster disk. Now if unity decides to re-import all the stuff again at least the read/write is faster.

Now the loading of the project that have this asset installed is faster and the UiMenu is not lagging when opening.

5. noob101

noob101

I am not able to update to version 4 !

Its showing deprecated and only showing 3.1.3

I am on 2020.3.20f1

6. Mauri

Mauri

7. noob101

noob101

Thanks for the reply. Its not allowing me to update (only a purchase option). I do have V3.

Can anyone who has V3 confirm that its a free upgrade ? The store listing and reviews including previous versions imply its an upgrade of the same licensed product

8. Mauri

Mauri

You have to "purchase" it again, but the price should be shown as Free. It was listed as such (at the beginning of this month) for me, since I owned the previous version.

doozyfree2.png

9. altepTest

altepTest

I've update the project from unity 2021.1.24f1 to 2021.2.0f1 and I've got this error message

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets\Doozy\Runtime\Signals\SignalsService.cs(141,20): error CS0165: Use of unassigned local variable 'guid'
    I know this new unity version was just released so, if you also get the error on your side, it may take some time to fix it and update the asset.

But if you have some simple code fix that I can apply myself directly in the code just to be able to work on other stuff, that would be helpful.

EDIT:

So I've added
    = Guid.NewGuid();
    in the script. After that I've managed to resume the project upgrade, overall looks like it works, not sure if this have any repercussions to the rest of the assets scripts. The UI works, no errors now, but hope my change doesn't mess something else. :)

Code (CSharp):
    1. ...
    2. internal static Guid GetNewStreamKey()
    3.         {
    4.             Guid guid = Guid.NewGuid();
    6.             bool generateNewId = true;
    7.             while (generateNewId)
    8. ...
    my reasoning is that the guid variable will be replaced after in the while block of code with the correct values

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  10. AlexMares

AlexMares

You can get Doozy UI Manager 4.0.1 that fixes the aforementioned issues (and a few more). Just open the Package Manager, update the asset and import :)

11. altepTest

altepTest

Already did :) That was quick, all good, works perfectly

12. ChanceNCounter

ChanceNCounter

I also don't seem to have the option to upgrade, and the asset store is showing me the current sale price, not "free." Am I missing something? I'm about to start a new project, and it seems prudent to upgrade first.

13. AlexMares

AlexMares

The free upgrade was a limited time offer that expired.
    If you have a version 3 license, you can upgrade at a 50% discount at any time (need to be logged in the Unity Asset Store to do that.)

14. ChanceNCounter

ChanceNCounter

Feels a little like punishment for taking the summer off from a no-budget project. Maybe I'll spend the money at some point, but that's a pretty sour taste. If I had done the research ahead of time to discover that this product charges by the major release, I probably wouldn't have bothered in the first place. The decision now is whether to muddle through with Doozy 3 or just move on.

edit for absolute clarity: having paid you once was enough, to your mind, to justify a free upgrade, but only if we were watching the project actively enough to upgrade in a timely fashion. BS, you're useful, but you're not so useful that I follow you like a celeb.

synthc and christh like this.
  15. AlexMares

AlexMares

Thank you for your input.

We worked on this upgrade as a full-time project for two (2) years straight and being a complex product it required a lot of research and development to make. It aligns itself to the new technologies and the new infrastructure make it future proof.

The free upgrade period was a limited time offer for anyone that has been using our products and is actively following us on social media. We're sorry you missed out on this promotion.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  16. Fantabulosoful

Fantabulosoful

I'd like to go on the record saying that, having been subscribed to your Youtube channel specifically so that I could see any important announcements about the tool, it's extremely disappointing that you did not mention this promotion - let alone the upgrade in general - clearly via your Youtube channel. Despite being a subscriber, I wasn't even aware the asset had been significantly upgraded until I found this thread when I was encountering a memory leak with Doozy 3. In fact, it simply seemed like you had rebranded slightly and were launching a new series of basic tutorials.

I understand why you've chosen to charge for the upgrade to Doozy 4, and I appreciate the idea of rewarding users who follow your social media. However, neglecting an entire social media platform while doing so feels quite unpleasant to me as a customer, and has left a really bad taste in my mouth as well.

When combined with the fact that Doozy 3 has been left in a near-inoperable state in 2020.3.21, I'm pretty hesitant to take the plunge on purchasing the Doozy 4 upgrade or to recommend it to other developers. The risk of the asset being deprecated once again and requiring a paid upgrade to function - all without a proper announcement on Youtube, one of your major social media platforms - feels too high for me to justify the purchase. Best of luck with the rest of Doozy 4's development!

synthc, christh and Framehacker like this.
  17. AlexMares

AlexMares

Announcing product promotions on YouTube is not common practice nor something we’ve ever done, so it’s a bit odd that, given our channel’s history, one would expect to receive such updates/announcements. Our main objective with our YouTube channel is to share high quality UI tutorials, not promotional announcements.

Relevant social media platforms, where one would expect to see promotional news, are Twitter (https://twitter.com/doozyplay) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/doozyentertainment). You will find that we’re posting on these platforms, on a regular basis, all relevant news about our products, including promotions. Interested parties know to check out our pages on those platforms to make sure they are up to date with what we’ve been up to. We also chat a lot and help our users on our Discord server (https://discord.gg/y9Axq7b).

Unity is no longer supporting IMGUI and the old Input System. Version 3 was tightly integrated with both; thus, we were forced to rebuild Doozy UI from scratch to be able to have a relevant product in the future and include/work with the latest technologies available.

You mentioned a memory leak with Doozy version 3. That is surprising to hear since you did not reach out and tell us about it, and the only other times you posted on this forum was to complain about this exact issue that you had with the Unity Editor (we didn’t see any mentions there about Doozy as well).

Thank you for your wishes with version 4 and we too wish you all the best with your projects.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  18. indie_dev85

indie_dev85

This is not all fair for your existing customers.Most of us use unity forums as a prime medium for communication with developers and vice-versa.But you ran a limited time upgrade offer without posting any info about it on the unity forums thereby kind of penalizing people that are not active on twitter or discord.

I don't mind paying reasonable upgrade fees but actions like these hurt the customer confidence and not in line for honest asset developers one like you.

StevenPicard, synthc, christh and 5 others like this.
  19. VP_no1

VP_no1

I am trying to find information about how to use toggle through script and I found none.
    The only thing I found is through clicks, here:

This is not what I want and I noticed others asked too ...

So how can one script to toggle on off in callback ?
    Where is an extended manual to explain some scripting usage and not only clicking ?

thank you

20. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi, I'm still using version 3 as I have been away for a while and want to finish the first version of my game before I think about an upgrade to any assets but is there any serious issues with version 3 and unity 2020.3.22fl LTS? The store just says 2018+ so i am safe t assume 2020 is ok. Thanks in advance.

21. boorch

boorch

Hi guys! I also own the new Doozy UI Manager and I love the modular approach, but I need to update an old project (which is actually a live production) that has DoozyUI 3 and the documentation is offline, the videos are unlisted (but can be reached if you click on the youtube button on a component) and it'll take hours to go on every component and click the youtube link and hunt for this piece of information, so I decided to ask my questions here.

I want to change the default "back button" behaviour for the gamepad. When I click on a button using the A button (on an Xbox controller) the button receives the click, but it also triggers the "back button" behaviour and the current popup is closed. If I disable the "Back Button Behaviour" in Doozy settings, it behaves correctly and the "back button" is not triggered when I click on the button using the gamepad A button, but this way the "ESC" button on the keyboard stops triggering "back button" behaviour, which is something I'd like to keep.

So, I have 2 questions:
    1) Is it possible to assign a gamepad button I prefer to trigger the "back button" behaviour?
    2) Is it possible to disable the "back button" behaviour only for the gamepad and keep the keyboard ESC button triggering "back button" behaviour.

Excuse my English, it's a bit complicated and hard to describe for me but hopefully it makes sense.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  22. Smack332

Smack332

Hi! I've just started using DoozyUI v4, and have a question. Why are things like changing long click duration or double click interval not exposed in the editor? I know I can change it in code or expose it myself, but I was wondering why something as simple as this is not there already (as it was in v3). Am I missing something?

23. altepTest

altepTest

just speculating here but I think the new input system is the reason. You probably need to deal with that information by interacting with the input system

24. Smack332

Smack332

I don't believe so, as the duration is hardcoded as a constant, and can be edited in code. So it's a bit strange that it's not exposed in the editor instead.

25. StupydHors

StupydHors

For anyone still using version 3 and wanting to use the "new" fast enter playmode options (disable domain reload and scene reload) as per this comment on Discord https://discord.com/channels/547800108935282688/567161759966822434/819849560607817729

You should add
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  public void Reset()
    2. {
    3.      m_infiniteLoopTimerStart = Time.realtimeSinceStartup;
    4.      m_activatedNodesHistory.Clear();
    5. }
    To your Node class and then invoke this method from InitializeGraph in the GraphController class.

This will fix the infinite loop detected problem.

Also you need to change lines of code in NodeWindow.cs (line 146+) to this

Code (CSharp):
    1.     //subscribe to events
    2.     if(NodyWindow.registered == 0)
    3.     {
    4.         EditorApplication.playModeStateChanged += HandleOnPlayModeStateChanged;
    5.         Undo.undoRedoPerformed = UndoRedoPerformed;
    6.         GraphEvent.OnGraphEvent = HandleOnGraphEvent;
    7.         registered++;
    8.     }
    10.     if (!ReopenCurrentGraph()) SetView(View.General);
    11. }
    13. // this counter will not reset to zero when Domain Reloading is disabled
    14. static int registered = 0;

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  26. christh

christh

Oh wow, finally the update is here. I had given up and hadn't checked back for a few months- also due to work pressure, so entirely missed the hidden free upgrade.

Good luck with the plugin. I didn't have time to use it much before it was deprecated so based on my experience I won't be paying for it again.

27. nasirs

nasirs

How can I get a free upgrade? It's not fair I have to pay again to upgrade when I did not even use the previous version. Free upgrade should be provided to existing users.

28. altepTest

altepTest

Is not an upgrade, is a new version. You can't upgrade an exiting project with the old version to use this new version as far as I know. At least not easily.

29. nasirs

nasirs

New version/upgrade same thing. I have v3.1.3 and this v4, so I should ideally get it for free. It's the same system. The team did a free upgrade option for one day only in October, need to get that pls.

30. altepTest

altepTest

I don't get it. do you have the v4 version? why do you need it for free if you already have it?

31. arklay_corp

arklay_corp

@AlexMares awesome plugin i had v3 and i updated to v4 right away!

I think I found a bug on your code tho, in Flowgraph.cs, line 274:

Code (CSharp):
    2.      if (history.All(item => activeNode.passthrough))
    3.                 return; //cannot go back as there is no non-passthrough node in history
    Should be:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             if (history.All(item => item.activeNode.passthrough))
    2.                 return; //cannot go back as there is no non-passthrough node in history
    right?

32. MTegarAsta

MTegarAsta

hi is there a way to navigate the UI using Controller Input? I'm currently using Rewired.

33. AlexMares

AlexMares

You are correct! Thank you for pointing this out.

34. AlexMares

AlexMares

Join our Discord sever (https://discord.doozyui.com) and, in the user-scripts channel, you'll find a script to connect with Rewired.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  35. Tinder-Red

Tinder-Red

Hello everybody. How I can change the icon of the cursor, when the cursor points at a button, and retains back to normal condition when not pointing at button. I want to do this for all my buttons.
    Thx.

36. patrickk2

patrickk2

Hello everyone!

I have some troubles getting UI Button behaviors to work properly. The setup is very simple with just a UI Container and a simple UI Button from the default UI Menu.

On the button I add a PointerLeftClick behavior and connect it to the method of my custom Monobehavior.

Here a screenshot of the UI Button setup:

ui-button-behavior-setup.png

Sometimes this method is never executed, and I have to remove the UI Button behavior and the PointerLeftClick component, and add the behavior again. The PointerLeftClick component is automatically added later.

When this happens the button will still do the animations, and in the inspector I see the color animation of the PointerLeftClick component. So it seems the click is recognized, but my target method is not called.

Does anyone have any ideas how to tackle this issue?

Any pointers and hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Patrick

37. altepTest

altepTest

did you have created the ui nodes in the graph? because this assets is intended to work with those nodes. may fail if you just want it to work as simple buttons (probably the behavior you get here)

It passed too much time from when I've used this asset so maybe I'm wrong and works fine with the default unity events. but when you have the nodes set up it should work fine.

anyway, just wanted to give my thanks to the author with this occasion. By using this asset (which works fine and is a great asset IF unity also works) I've figured out that unity is beyond being a software mess, is bugged above any way of redeeming itself. unity will probably and most likely get bankrupt in the near future. I have a nice bottle of champagne put aside for that moment. And for all the staff who will get fired because of this, remember all the people asking for help on these forums and receiving nothing or misleading answers. You have complied with the management requests and THEY will get a big fat bonus and you will get nothing except trying to find work at unreal, or heaven forbid, crytek.

38. novaVision

novaVision

Is there migration option from 3.x to 4.x ?

39. oabdelnaby

oabdelnaby

Hello how to update from 3.1 to 4.8
    the 3.1 is deprecated and do I have to pay to upgrade ?

40. madone01

madone01

Hello, good day, I am building an in-house map app for a client, and I am using DoozyUI to make the interface. I am new to game design but I am a graphic designer by trade. would it be possible to get some assistance with my build.
    1. have built the user interface and it works ok for my requirement. what I want to achieve is to, on the press of each button in the app it loads the map scene, which would then start to play the animated walk directly to the selected department.
    2. I am lost on how to add the scenes and attached them to the buttons on the left for them to load and play
    any assistance and feedback would be great.
    I am not a coder and just started learning so please bare with me.

41. Torukun_404

Torukun_404

Hi, I would like to know if UIPopup can reference TextmeshPro - Input Field in it's own content?
    Thanks in advance :)