Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by allemaar, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a free version of DoozyUI with limited features?

Poll closed May 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @warpedsenses,

For a proper setup make sure every UIView has a 'Behavior at Start' and that the UINodes are set to show and also hide views.

When previewing, the DOTTween will not reset my view back to the original spot, it will leave it at 0,0,0.
    This is the intended behavior. When testing out animations, you will want to have the UIView in its runtime position and see exactly what is happening. Remembering the position in the scene view while editing would only add the potential for issues while designing the UI.
    The main idea is that a designer will always preview one UIView at a time, thus once he/she is happy with the animation, then the UIView can be moved wherever in the scene.

When running the project, it will always load the bottom view in the hierarchy, even while in the graph it says it activated the right UI Node (which is connected to another view, the right one)
    That is the default way Unity sorts the UI (via the Hierarchy). Of course one can always override the sorting layer name and order via the Canvas components.

2. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Hi @allemaar

I just got this great asset from humblebundle because I needed to update an older project's menu UI and DoozyUI seems great choice.
    However the project is using unity 2017.2.5, so is there a way to download earlier versions of DoozyUI with support for unity 2017?

3. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Hi !

I am using the 2019 version and was watching a year old youtube video. I am not seeing the Navigation part on the onclick dropdown of a uibutton. How do i connect it so that it opens up my dialog using show/hide ? Do i need a graph controller for every button that opens up a new dialog box ?

Like, if i have 4 buttons in game and i want to open up a dialog for each onclick event, would i need to create a graph controller for each ? Or just use an onclick event for each button ? What is the intended Doozy way ? And if the latter is the case, how do i do it through the actual UIButton component ? I do not see any other way than
    OnTrigger->UnityEvent (no show/hide view option that i see)

Thanks !

4. drewdough

drewdough

hi,

How can I open 2 UIDrawers at once?
    I know I can do it via code, but I want it to work with the built-in gestures system.
    I have 2 drawers in scene. When one drawer is open, the gestures are not detected on the other.

PS - I have previously purchased the deprecated UIDrawer + DoozyUI packages seperately.
    I just now saw you deprecated both of these.
    I bought the new version as I'd like to support you, however, how should I migrate from the old UIDrawer + DoozyUI to this new package?

Thanks for your help!

Drew

5. lumeriith

lumeriith

Hey, I'm using the latest version of Unity and just got DoozyUI on my hands and it's been great experience so far!

I have one question though: What's the best way to make a button activate from a key press?
    There's "Input Mode" dropdown box to set a Key Code that clicks the button, but this is only the case when the button is activated/focused. I want a button to click whenever a specific key for that button is pressed.
    I have currently implemented this feature by calling a seperate GameEvent with "Key To Game Event" component and assigning same behaviour on the game event on Nody Graph.
    I'm wondering whether this is the way I'm supposed to do or there's a better way.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Lume

6. andyz

andyz

Is Doozy UI basically a layer on top of UGUI to make some things easier? The documentation intro seems to be missing!
    Does it have any style system built in so you can set a style for each control from a style sheet, as that is one of the main missing features of the built in system?

7. dmarot

dmarot

This may be the stupidest question ever but what UIbutton & UINode do I use to hide a menu so I can access it through another button (to activate menu) which is nested in a canvas which is using the camera to render. I want a button to bring up the menu & one to close it. I am an artist, no coder but I've gotten the hang of using Playmaker. I've tried to use game event nodes to hide & deactivate the main UIView, but neither methods work. The menu will works perfectly 1st go around until I exit the menu (through every of the many, many methods I have tried), as every time I exit & deactivate UIView, or hide, etc., it is stuck on a menu item in nody, and when I try to reactivate, or show, etc. UIView, it is stuck.. everytime in either with a partial menu, or a bunch of buttons that don't work. I have spent way too much time on what should be really simple.. Seems like I've seen every video, but nothing to show right way of doing what should be one of the most simple & important features. Can someone please explain what I am missing?? Thank you soooooooomuch to anyone who can shed a little light

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  8. vincewins

vincewins

Using unity 2018.4.11f1:
    This Asset is either broken or simply incompatible with some assets (like FlowCanvas I think).

It loads my prefabs (who have nothing to do with this Asset) over and over again, forever...
    Whenever that happens, I have to force-kill Unity and lose all my progress...

Also, I tend to have errors in console after a while of usage of "Nody" and UI-errors, that I reported to the dev already.

It seems the developer has turned quiet as of now.

9. Adrad

Adrad

You should use their website for support. Most developers of bigger assets don't use the Unity forums for support. Since they only check the forums once or twice a week at that. Depending on if the forums actually sent a notice to them. Allemaar is really busy. Not to make excuse's for him. But I have noticed he doesn't check the forums that often. But I guarantee he is not "Quiet" .

10. shahzaib

shahzaib

I got Doozy UI last week and man I'm loving it! I'm facing a little problem, I'm trying to stack multiple move animations on UIView and UIButton component but it seems DoozyUI allow for one animation only, am I doing something wrong? If so, how can I use multiple animations without coding my own animation controller for playing other animations?

Thought to put my issue here maybe someone could help me figure out the problem.

Thanks.

11. CamelCase01

CamelCase01

Good day @allemaar
    I tried replacing the previously bulky and hard coded GUI logic of an RPG type game and got some results pretty quickly, which is great.

The only feature I'd really like to see is a setting for the number of in-/outputs of SubGraphNodes like we have with SwitchBackNodes: With a button "Add input" and "Add output" for the SubgraphNode, one could add additional connections both to the SubGraphNode as well as the corresponding Enter- and ExitNode.

12. Pixel2015

Pixel2015

Hi great asset and enjoying working with it, however I have one question. What is the best way to share data between different UIViews? There doesn't seem to be a good way to pass data from one view to the next one or am I missing something?

I know I can obviously go outside of Doozy and just reference some data container in all the views but asking to see if there is some other way to pass data through nodegraph or any other way.

Luchianno likes this.
  13. somosky

somosky

So I'm making a multiplayer game and using the UIPopups. However both players are shown the UI popup. I used the example UIpopup script to make the UIPopups work which I believe works as a singleton. If instead of using it as a singleton I reference the UI popup manager directly will this allow me to only populate the UIPopup on the player that is supposed to see the popup?

14. vincewins

vincewins

I am not an expert in UNET questions, but from my understanding, you should build your popup notification methods so they can be used as an RPC, which again can have different targets.

15. InfinityCoder88

InfinityCoder88

Hi @allemaar ,

I tried to update Doozy to latest version 3.1.0, but I got some errors, I deleted the old Doozy system from my project and after reimport, I get this error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets\DoozyInstaller\Editor\Scripts\InstallerProcessor.cs(71,12): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Editor' does not exist in the namespace 'Doozy' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    P.S: I'm using Unity 201.3.0b9
    How can I fix this, thanks in advance!

*FIXED:
    ->removed from my project:
    -DOTween.Modules.csproj
    -DoozyEditorAssembly.csproj
    -DoozyEngineAssembly.csproj

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019 at 4:12 PM
  16. galloper

galloper

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is it possible, while using Nody for transferring between UI Views, to set a check for condition first so that it won't show the next UI View if the condition is false (for example)?