Search Unity

DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlexMares, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a free version of DoozyUI with limited features?

Poll closed May 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. jules_unity68

jules_unity68

Hello.

Unity 2018.3.1f1 to 2018.3.0f2

Installing DoozyUI Complete

but, errors...

eg
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DoozyUI.ControlPanelWindow.DrawDatabase (DoozyUI.ControlPanelWindow+TargetDatabase databaseType, DoozyUI.DUIData+Database database, System.Single width)

EndLayoutGroup: BeginLayoutGroup must be called first.
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout:EndHorizontal()
    QuickEditor.QUI:EndHorizontal() (at Assets/Plugins/Quick/Editor/Classes/QUI.cs:652)
    DoozyUI.ControlPanelWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/DoozyUI/Scripts/Editor/Windows/ControlPanelWindow.cs:246)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

EndLayoutGroup: BeginLayoutGroup must be called first.
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout:EndScrollView()
    QuickEditor.QUI:EndScrollView() (at Assets/Plugins/Quick/Editor/Classes/QUI.cs:904)
    DoozyUI.ControlPanelWindow:DrawPages() (at Assets/DoozyUI/Scripts/Editor/Windows/ControlPanelWindow.cs:491)
    DoozyUI.ControlPanelWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/DoozyUI/Scripts/Editor/Windows/ControlPanelWindow.cs:244)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Control Panel > UI Elements > errors. New Category: demo but list is empty green button '+' Save Assets > DoozUI/Editor/Resources/DUI/Data/DUIData.asset errors.

a week, Submit a request, so...

errors or refund.

errors , very good, but Devs errors....

Julian

i had a stroke.

2. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi,

These look like editor errors, but they should be fixable. We'll look into this today and sort it out..

Please tell us if you downgraded from Unity version 2018.3.1f1 to 2018.3.0f2, or was it an upgrade from Unity version 2018.3.0f2 to 2018.3.1f1. We would like to know this in order to be able to reproduce the issue.

3. AlexMares

AlexMares

When you are asking for a preset, are you referring to animations?
    If yes, then the answer is no. All the presets work on any Renter Mode the Canvas has.

If you want to mask the content of a Canvas, not to be visible then any Image goes out of its bounds, then you need to attach a Mask or a Rect Mask 2D component on the GameObject that has that Canvas attached.

Mask
    A Mask is not a visible UI control but rather a way to modify the appearance of a control’s child elements. The mask restricts (ie, “masks”) the child elements to the shape of the parent. So, if the child is larger than the parent then only the part of the child that fits within the parent will be visible.
    A common use of a Mask is to show a small section of a large Image, using say a Panel object (menu: GameObject > Create UI > Panel) as a “frame”. You can achieve this by firstly making the Image a child of the Panel object. You should position the Image so that the area that should be visible is directly behind the Panel area.

Read more here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/script-Mask.html

RectMask2D

A RectMask2D is a masking control similar to the Mask control. The mask restricts the child elements to the rectangle of the parent element. Unlike the standard Mask control it has some limitations, but it also has a number of performance benefits.
    A common use of a RectMask2D is to show small sections of a larger area. Using the RectMask2D to frame this area.

Read more here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/script-RectMask2D.html

Video about the UI Mask here: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/user-interface-ui/ui-mask?playlist=17111

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  4. jules_unity68

jules_unity68

Hello,
    Attached a project that I my husband is working on (he had a stroke a few years ago and cannot articulate via email very well). He is using version 2018.2.2.20f1 of Unity. As far as I can understand ( I am not a Visual coder) the Doozie program is just not working and giving error codes. Is it possible to have some ideas of what may be causing this.

Unity (2018.2.20f1
    Playmaker (1.9)

Many Thanks

Emma & Julian

Submit a request: Attachments >> I can Attachments make the drop files.

These look like editor errors, but they should be fixable. We'll look into this today and sort it out..

Please tell us if you downgraded from Unity version 2018.3.1f1 to 2018.3.0f2, or was it an upgrade from Unity version 2018.3.0f2 to 2018.3.1f1. We would like to know this in order to be able to reproduce the issue.

5. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Thanks for reply

6. jules_unity68

jules_unity68

Fixed :)

Mac Pro... dumb. PC.... worked.

Mac Pro, s****. PC, very very good :)

Allemaar, thank you.

7. AlexMares

AlexMares

We received the following question:
    Do you think that Doozy UI would be good for making an interactive slide show? I could almost make it in Keynote and I can make it in Adobe XD, but I want to take it further — yet keep it easy to develop. Thanks for any thoughts.

Here is our answer:
    To give you a simple answer, No and Yes. What I mean by that is that an easy way to do such a thing would be to use a visual representation of your UI flow and that can only be achieved with the help of a node graph. DoozyUI version 2.9.4 (that is currently on the Asset Store) has Playmaker actions that will help you do that, but you would need to have Playmaker installed in your project as well. That is why I say No to the current version of our asset as it requires a third party to make your project easy to scale and manage.

On the other hand, we've been working on DoozyUI version 3 for over one year now and it comes with a custom visual representation of an UI flow as - Nody - node graph engine. This will be very easy to manage and scale. Right now we are in the last phase with our asset and are working on the documentation materials and video tutorials (the videos will be available on our YouTube channel and on doozyui.com, where you'll also find searchable documentation). We will be releasing version 3 as soon as we have all the documentation created and a minimum set of video tutorials (we're working on them non-stop)

We also made a video to show how it's done in DoozyUI 3.0. In the video we created a node graph that manages the UI flow. Then created some views and added animations. Then added buttons and showed how the system works. Then changed the animations just to see how easy it is. Note that the video is in real time and we did not prepare anything before hand. Also we did not write a single line of code and did everything in the editor.

8. AlexMares

AlexMares

To whom it may concern,

We are working on this asset non-stop. The support is slow/late because we are not a big studio (just a tiny one) and releasing DoozyUI version 3 takes a lot of work. We have to prioritize what to do next and releasing the next major version is our top priority.

This is a very big and complex project that took thousands of hours to create. Thus creating the documentation and a minimum set of supporting videos takes time. We're working over 12 hours/day, 6-7 days per week.

Please understand, we're doing the best we can with the limited resources we have at our disposal. Even a simple video takes around 3 to 6 hours to create (concept > prep-work > recording > audio edit > video edit > render > upload to YouTube > title > description > tags > video thumbnail > website links > social media). Not to mention how long it takes to create searchable documentation, do last minute system tests and so on.

Right now doozyui.com is under construction and we'll be releasing the start videos for DoozyUI 3.0, all at once, on our YouTube channel.

Thank you for understanding and we wish you all the best,
    Alex

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    StevenPicard and stevenatunity like this.
  9. DrMarvellous

DrMarvellous

Hi Alex, I've just purchased DoozyUi 5 days ago and I'm really enjoying using it, great product, thanks. I have a couple of questions/requests, I'm hoping you can help me with.

Q1: I'm creating an audio player in Unity with 4 or 5 simple menus and an audio player. I chose DoozyUI because I liked what I saw in your videos about creating menus, but I've realised that everything is geared towards mouse click events. How do I go about translating Doozy click buttons into touch gestures for an iOS or Android device using the current version of DoozyUI and will V3.0 be more mobile/touch-gesture friendly?

Q2: I've used drag and drop software for the last 5 years to create many apps, but I want to learn Unity and C#, so I watched several videos about Playmaker vs Bolt in order to ease my transition into using Unity and I decided to purchase Bolt. I see you have Playmaker integrated into DoozyUI, but do you intend to have the same integration with Bolt anytime soon?

Q3: Finally, I'm struggling to create a music seek/scrub timeline to show both elapsed and remaining audio time and to be able to scrub forwards and backwards through an audio clip. Is this something I could achieve with DoozyUI and any other combination of add on assets?
    I'm trying to achieve this without coding if possible, so I can learn the basics of Unity from a drag & drop, designers perspective.

Many thanks in advance for your valuable time, I can see you're busy with

10. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @DrMarvellous,

I'm happy to see another happy user of DoozyUI :)

A1: DoozyUI uses Unity's native Input system to detect any UI interaction. Since the native system works both with mouse and touch, so does DoozyUI. So in the UIButton component, where you have the OnClick option, that is also OnTap option. OnDouble click is double tap and so on...

Here is a little explanation:
    OnPointerDown = Finger touched the button and is still in contact (down)
    OnPointerUp = Finger was touching the button and was lifted (up)
    OnClick = Finger touched the button and then was lifted
    OnDoubleClick = Finger performed two touches in a vary short interval (you can customize the interval)
    OnLongClick = Finger touched the button and remained in contact (down) for a set amount of time to deem the action as a long click

Note: OnPointerEnter and OnPointerExit are useless for touch (thus for mobile) and you can hide and not them.

will V3.0 be more mobile/touch-gesture friendly?
    The current version is quite touch friendly and can do a bit of gestures detection (swipes). New gestures and touch detectors will be added in the next version, but not 3.0.

A2: Bolt integration is scheduled for version 3.1. Version 3.0 comes only with Playmaker actions.

A3: I know first hand how hard this is, as Soundy, the sound manager that comes with DoozyUI, has seek/scrub timelines for all the sounds, synchronized players and several other features (all working in the Unity Editor - so they are custom editor scripts).

2019-02-20_00-55-49.gif

That being said, creating a music seek/scrub timeline is not trivial (if you are new programmer) and cannot be achieved with a simple drag and drop. You can do it with either Playmaker or Bolt, but you would need several graphs to pull it off and a decent understanding of how audio works in Unity and how (your preferred node graph asset) handles it.

I can give you some good news though, the next version of DoozyUI comes with a new component called Progressor that will change almost everything in how an UI is designed. This component can be used in countless scenarios (including yours with a sound player) where you need a 'progress' from any min value to any max value; and you can manipulate either the current value or the progress (a float between 0 and 1). In our search for a progress bar implementation we created this component, and seeing its potential, we integrated it into everything (it's a game changer). With a Progressor, one can manipulate or/and react to anything with a timeline or a value interval.

2019-02-20_00-59-59.gif

We are close to release and videos will soon be available on YouTube to show how these components work.

11. DrMarvellous

DrMarvellous

Thank you Alex for the detailed response, it means so much to a beginner like me to get quick, detailed feedback and it's very much appreciated.

A1: I was hoping that would be your response to the OnClick and OnTap question, thank you, that makes things so much easier.

A2: Will be looking forward to the Bolt integration, great news :)

A3: The 'Progressor' component sounds perfect, can't wait to try that out.

One final note. I've been watching your DoozyUI tutorial videos on your new website and Youtube and from someone who's created online video courses in the past, I appreciate the time and effort that goes into making, easy-to-follow videos with great production and I just wanted to say a huge thank you. Please keep doing what you're doing, it's professional and it works. Thank you, from a new DoozyUI fan, cheers.

12. Jinks

Jinks

How close? :)

Ascensi and ParadoxSolutions like this.
  13. NlaakStudios

NlaakStudios

Hi, purchased this a few years ago and just imported into a new Unity 2018.3.7f1 and navigation is acting all weird (really that's a technical term). So I am using it for the Onboarding, seven panels, back/next buttons are UIButtons, all hide on start except for the first panel with is animate on start (like I have always done). I add category "Onboarding" to UIDatabase and added the names of the seven panels to it. I think set each Back/Next button using the DoozyUI OnClick Navigation, Example:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Panel0.btnNext.OnClick = HidePanel0, Show Panel1
    2. Panel1.btnBack.OnClick = HidePanel1, Show Panel0
    3. Panel1.btnNext.OnClick = HidePanel1, Show Panel2
    When I run it panels after the first one ... change in the settings, just the hide, and shows under navigation. during runtime, if I change them back to proper values it works. Not using prefabs (was, but unpacked trying to figure out wtf).

It seems something is broke in the navigation part of the code, but from what I can see it should be working.

14. hafizmrozlan

hafizmrozlan

Hi, I've implemented some function from my script via IPointerDownHandler, I try to avoid asigning function from the editor. However, due to doozyui button object also exist as UIButton, everytime my button was pressed, DoozyUI will call OnPointerDown and Unity event also will call OnPointerDown.

I tried to set doozyui button to not allow multiple clicks to no avail. Any suggestion on overriding this behaviour beside wiring the function via inspector?

15. hafizmrozlan

hafizmrozlan

Okay I found it, inside doozyui button event if you have OnPointer event as disabled, it will still call any function that you have added. So I've drilled down the disabled event and manually removed the function that I hooked up few months ago and now only once event is called per press.

16. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi All,

This weekend we submitted DoozyUI version 3 to the Unity Asset Store. As soon as it gets approved, it will go live.

DoozyUI - KeyImage - Large 516x389.png

We are now back online with the active support so please open a ticket if you need any help. You can do that by sending an email to our support email support@doozyui.com

You can learn more about version 3 by visiting the DoozyUI website doozyui.com or by watching some of the new videos uploaded on our YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/c/DoozyEntertainment.

You can also talk to us on the newly created Discord server at https://discord.gg/y9Axq7b

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  17. AlexMares

AlexMares

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  18. Pharan

Pharan

Is this a separate asset in the store/separate purchase from the previous version?

19. Pharan

Pharan

I'm using 2.9. I have sort of a basic/prototype setup and my buttons don't seem to respond while a separate UIElement is animating its "Hide". How do I make it so the buttons don't care about other animations/UIElements that are animating?

Were there changes related to this in v3 or is it the same?

20. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @Pharan,

Is this a separate asset in the store/separate purchase from the previous version?
    Yes. It's a $15 upgrade fee.

How do I make it so the buttons don't care about other animations/UIElements that are animating?
    You need to add an UIManager in your scene and uncheck 'Auto disable button clicks when an UIElement is in transition'
    2019-04-24_13-58-20.gif

Were there changes related to this in v3 or is it the same?
    Version 3 is not compatible with version 2. It is a brand new infrastructure inspired by version 2.

21. AlexMares

AlexMares

22. AlexMares

AlexMares

What is the price for DoozyUI version 3?
    $65

Is version 3 a free update or a paid upgrade from version 2?
    Version 3 is a paid upgrade. The upgrade fee if $15.

Why is version 3 not a free update?
    Version 3 has been under development for over one year and is basically a new software inspired by version 2.

The new code includes fixes to any known issues in v2 and any reasonable suggestions that we’ve received.

What you get in Version 3 that you do not have in Version 2:
    - an editor core with new editor components and interactions
    - a runtime core with a clean API and and easy to use documentation (doozyui.com)
    - a UI navigation system that uses a node graph - Nody - specially designed for UI flows (this took a lot of time to develop and get right)
    - a sound system - Soundy - that has editor players (for preview), an automated sound pooling system with a lot of settings (including options to play a set of AudioClips in a random/sequential manner)
    - more options for the UIButton and UIToggle
    - UIView is the new name for the UIElement, and it has a lot of new options (this includes previewing IN/OUT/LOOP animations in edit mode)
    - UIDrawer has now been included in the package (this was a separate asset)
    - Scene Director and Scene Loader are new components used for scene management
    - Listeners for sent Game Events, UIButton clicks, UIView (show or hide), UIDrawer (open or close), Gestures (swipes and taps)
    - NEW components for progress indicators and to control any type of animations: the PROGRESSOR, the PROGRESSOR GROUP and PROGRESS TARGETs for Animator, Image, Text and TextMeshPro
    - a solid documentation website (doozyui.com) where you'll be able to search and see how different components work
    - new videos on our YouTube channel and new tutorials

Therefore, this is a paid upgrade and not a free update.

We believe that $15 is a reasonable fee for work (and money) that went into developing DoozyUI Version 3.

Where can I find DoozyUI version 3?
    http://bit.ly/DoozyUI3

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    DrMarvellous and tcmeric like this.
  23. Pharan

Pharan

Thanks for answering my questions!

AlexMares likes this.
  24. somosky

somosky

I upgraded to version 3 and am loving it. Great job. I did have a quick question though. I created a pretty complex UI system last night and was really happy with the results. One thing I couldn't figure out though was how to make two UIViews active at once. I'm trying to make it so that I have a quit screen pop up when I click the quit button and that works fine. However I want it to be a smaller screen that appears above the UIView I am currently on. I if I use the exit button and exit the node the the exit node transition plays as expected but I don't want it to play. I want the quit screen to be shown but also show the current screen that the UI is on if that makes sense.

So I guess I'm asking is there a way to activate a node without leaving the node I am currently in.

25. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @somosky,

We're glad you like the system. We've worked very hard on it!

is there a way to activate a node without leaving the node I am currently in.
    The node graph principle is that you can only have one node active at any point in time. So to answer your question, it is not possible to have two nodes (in the same graph) active at the same time.

You're probably hiding a UIView on exit node and you might not want to do that all the time. You can play with OnEnterNode and OnExitNode options in the UINode and change the way you are showing/hiding UIViews.

Or you might want to have two graphs work at the same time. This means using two graph controllers that activate two different graphs AND that you carefully manage game events to communicate UI flows between the two graphs. BUT this approach is only for very complex UI interactions and it might not be what you need at this moment in time.

webspawn likes this.
  26. Amvient

Amvient

Is the $15 upgrade available for a limited time?

27. AlexMares

AlexMares

No. The upgrade fee will remain the same for the foreseeable future.

28. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I'm glad. With the sale going on I need to pick up what I need now. In around 3 weeks I'll get the upgrade.

hafizmrozlan likes this.
  29. AlexMares

AlexMares

No worries. We're keeping the upgrade fee low as a thank you to anyone that already owns a previous version of DoozyUI.

30. xharkx

xharkx

Hello.

I love this asset and it save my life,
    but I got problems this morning.

When I use Playmaker Event Dispatcher,
    No problem at debug ,but When I build application [Windows and Android].
    Playmaker Event Dispatcher dissapear and left message
    [The associated script can not be loaded. Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script]

Does anyone know how to fix?

Thank you.

Unity
    2018.3.11f

DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System
    3.0c0

Playmaker
    1.9.0.p15

Attached Files:

31. tms_dev

tms_dev

Hi there,

I can't find the answer to this in the forum.

When I use Nody graph on a mac I can't click and move it around like you do in the tutorials. I've also tried using two fingers and that doesn't work. I'm not using a mouse and have a laptop.

32. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @xharkx,

The issues you're describing might be caused if you changed the target platform and now the DoozyUI support for Playmaker is disabled.

Please check that in your Scripting Define Symbols list you have 'dUI_Playmaker'.

33. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @unity_Ts7vXwPBXBeiuQ,

You can move around in two ways:
    1. By pressing the middle mouse button down & drag
    2. By pressing the Space key down and left mouse button click & drag

Read more about Nody and how to use it at http://doozyui.com/nody/

Nody Shortcuts
    Center
    (selected) – F
    Context Menu – Right mouse button
    Copy (selected) – CTRL + C
    Create UINode – N
    Delete (selected) – Delete
    Delete MODE – Hold Alt down
    Find Start/Enter node – S
    Move – Hold Spacebar + left mouse button down, then drag
    Move – Hold middle mouse button down, then drag
    Overview – F (when nothing is selected)
    Paste – CTRL + V
    Redo – CTRL + Y
    Select – Hold left mouse button down, then drag
    Undo – CTRL + Z
    Zoom – Use the mouse scroll wheel

tms_dev likes this.
  34. xharkx

xharkx

hi @allemaar

I have 'dUI_Playmaker' in Scripting Define Symbols.
    So,I change 'dUI_Playmaker' position to top.

OLD Scripting Define Symbols:
    dUI_TextMeshPro;PLAYMAKER;PLAYMAKER_1_9;PLAYMAKER_1_9_0;PLAYMAKER_1_8_OR_NEWER;PLAYMAKER_1_8_5_OR_NEWER;PLAYMAKER_1_9_OR_NEWER;dUI_Playmaker

New Scripting Define Symbols:
    dUI_Playmaker;dUI_TextMeshPro;PLAYMAKER;PLAYMAKER_1_9;PLAYMAKER_1_9_0;PLAYMAKER_1_8_OR_NEWER;PLAYMAKER_1_8_5_OR_NEWER;PLAYMAKER_1_9_OR_NEWER

It's working!!!

Thank you!!!

35. AlexMares

AlexMares

This might be an Unity issue. The order of symbols should not affect how they are detected and recognized by Unity.

36. julianr

julianr

Hey, nice upgrade.. price is worth it! Downside ... I am still on 2017.4.x, will it work on this version? Will it also convert version 2 UI ?

37. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @julianr,

Unfortunately no. We used some of the new features that came with Unity 2018.1 and the system is not guaranteed to work properly with any previous Unity version.

As for the conversion, that is also not possible. We first released DoozyUI in 2015 and have been adding features to that code base ever since. Version 3 is a new software inspired by version 2 that comes with a brand new code infrastructure that has a very clean code, has a new workflow (you now use a node graph) and several new features. This makes the product a lot more stable, helps us find and fix any bugs a bit faster, and also makes for a good base to add new (and crazy) features on. So this is why they are not 1 to 1 compatible. It is a new product created from our past experience and, we hope, with a bright future.

We have a lot of features planned and some are quite new to Unity's UI framework. We strongly believe that getting version 3 is a good investment as we do stand behind our product and plan on doing so for the years to come.

Here are a few resources.
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/DoozyEntertainment
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/doozyentertainment
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/doozyplay
    Discord: https://discord.gg/y9Axq7b

How to Install guide:

Getting Started guide (what to do after you've installed DoozyUI):

We really love UI design and its management, and hope to spread love that to as many developers as possible. UI should not be something hard to create or manage. You are allowed to have a bit of fun while working ;)

38. julianr

julianr

Thanks for your reply. I'll upgrade my project when possible. It's a huge beast that requires a month or two's worth of fixes every time a new version of Unity is released as not everything ports over. I tend not to update to the latest release (2019) until everything is ironed out. Good luck with version 3 and I'll upgrade to this amazing new release soon - to show my support! :)

AlexMares likes this.
  39. somosky

somosky

Hi I'm getting some errors messages upon import. 5 total errors. All have to do with Node Menu.

NodeMenu does not have a definition for "Order" and no accessible extension method. Order accepting a first arguement of type NodeMenu could eb found ( are you missing a using directive or assembly reference).

Any idea what could be causing that?

40. AlexMares

AlexMares

This type of error (missing definition), usually happens when in your project there is another class with the same name (NodeMenu) that has not been encapsulated under a namespace. Thus that is the default class that is called when using the NodeMenu name.

Please check your project and see what other asset has the same class name and you should see that is not under any namespace (as it should be).

Our NodeMenu class is under the Doozy.Engine.Nody.Attributes namespace.

41. somosky

somosky

Perfect. Will do. Thanks so much for the quick response I'll check it out later. You've made a great asset here I'm loving it in my other projects you guys are awesome.

AlexMares likes this.
  42. KAJed

KAJed

@allemaar is it possible to re-order connections on a UINode?

43. AlexMares

AlexMares

@KAJed

Of course. Right click on a socket and select either Move Up or Move Down. ;)
    Read more about Nody and how to use it at http://doozyui.com/nody/

2019-05-15_14-53-31.gif

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  44. timothyallan

timothyallan

Hi! Two questions:
    1. I'm using v3 with a 3rd party custom Event System script which provides me only pointer Down/Up events, no click events as it's using VR controllers. Is there no way to use Nodely with those events, or am I stuck having to create custom system events for every button?

2. Is there a way to prevent DoozyUI from creating a EventSystem gameobject when it starts? It's clobbering my custom Event System, and I am forced to delete it manually each time I start my game.

45. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

I just started using this and I want to create a Drop Down (or Drop Up) menu to use. Where do I start?

Thanks,
    jrDev

46. AlexMares

AlexMares

@timothyallan

1. Unfortunately no, you cannot change the UINode as any change you make to it will be overwritten when you update. Note that because you're using a custom Event System, you might have issues with the native Unity UI framework if your Event System is not implemented properly.

2. That is the native EventSystem that belongs to Unity. DoozyUI is not the one managing it, Unity itself is. If you did not know, DoozyUI manages native Unity UI components, it does not replace the uGUI framework in any way. It is after all an UI management system (not an UI framework). So to answer your question, we cannot implement anything that affects the native functionality of Unity's UI system.

47. AlexMares

AlexMares

48. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Hi, i get these three red errors in a new unity 2018.3.13f1 project. Can you help?

Assets\Doozy\Editor\Windows\DoozyWindowDrawViewGeneral.cs(80,17): error CS0118: 'Language' is a namespace but is used like a type

Assets\Doozy\Editor\Windows\DoozyWindowDrawViewGeneral.cs(84,36): error CS0118: 'Language' is a namespace but is used like a type

Assets\Doozy\Editor\Windows\DoozyWindowDrawViewGeneral.cs(87,44): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Unknown' does not exist in the namespace 'Language' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

49. crafTDev

crafTDev

50. AlexMares

AlexMares

@RandAlThor

We know about this, and this error comes from a clash with another asset (Dialogue System) that you omitted to say it is present in your project. The issue is generated by the fact that Dialogue System has a namespace named 'Language' and DoozyUI has an enum named 'Language'.

A fix is already available to download on our Discord server (https://discord.gg/y9Axq7b) in the Member's Area.

You can get the fix in 3 ways:
    1. Join our Discord server, access the Member's Area (after sending your invoice number) and download the fix
    2. Send an email to support@doozyui.com telling us about this issue and also including your invoice number
    3. Wait for version 3.0c1 that will include this fix