Search Unity

DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlexMares, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a free version of DoozyUI with limited features?

Poll closed May 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. rygaar

rygaar

They do require code to launch - somewhat clunky compared to the other features. Not sure why they went this way.

There is a video tutorial @
    . Should clarify a lot of things.

cheers

ParadoxSolutions likes this.
  2. affinixy

affinixy

Hi, I was going through the video tutorial and online manual. And tried to set up my button so that I can toggle Sound and Music on/off using DoozyUI, but it doesn't work.

If I changed the button name to ApplicationQuit, the button will exit the game when I click it. This probably shows that the buttons are setup correctly.
    But when I changed from ApplicationQuit to ToggleMusic or ToggleSound, it just won't auto toggle sound and music.

Is there something missing from my scene setup? It will be good if you can guide me to an online manual or video tutorial, that shows how to implement a on/off button for sound and music? Just a simple one, without writing C# code to make a slider for volume and sound.

If there is a scene that you can share, that will be cool too.
    Please assist. thanks!

3. affinixy

affinixy

Hi, I was going through your video tutorial

and I noticed that Unity will not be able to load the playerpref for the music and sound sliders upon game start at 12:25

https://www.dropbox.com/s/omk111ml23t5vz5/audio.jpg?dl=0

And this is my code

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEngine.Audio;
    3. using UnityEngine.UI;
    5. public class MixerController : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public AudioMixer audioMixer;
    8.     [Space(10)]
    9.     public Slider musicSlider;
    10.     public Slider sfxSlider;
    13.     public void SetMusicVolume(float volume)
    14.     {
    15.         audioMixer.SetFloat("musicVolume", volume);
    16.     }
    17.     public void SetSfxVolume (float volume)
    18.     {
    19.         audioMixer.SetFloat("sfxVolume", volume);
    20.     }
    21.     private void OnEnable()
    22.     {
    23.         //load playerpref and apply to slider UI
    24.         musicSlider.value = PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("musicVolume", 0);
    25.         sfxSlider.value = PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("sfxVolume", 0);
    27.         //load playerpref for music and sfx volume
    28.         SetMusicVolume(PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("musicVolume", 0));
    29.         SetSfxVolume(PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("sfxVolume", 0));
    31.     }
    33.     private void OnDisable()
    34.     {
    35.         float musicVolume = 0;
    36.         float sfxVolume = 0;
    38.         audioMixer.GetFloat("musicVolume", out musicVolume);
    39.         audioMixer.GetFloat("sfxVolume", out sfxVolume);
    41.         PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("musicVolume", musicVolume);
    42.         PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("sfxVolume", sfxVolume);
    43.         PlayerPrefs.Save();
    44.     }
    46. }
    I tried to disable either one, or enable both, the audiomixer still doesn't load the value.
    //load playerpref and apply to slider UI
    musicSlider.value = PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("musicVolume", 0);
    sfxSlider.value = PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("sfxVolume", 0);

//load playerpref for music and sfx volume
    SetMusicVolume(PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("musicVolume", 0));
    SetSfxVolume(PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("sfxVolume", 0));

I am using Unity 2018.2.6f1
    Just want to check if this is a problem with Unity or Doozy.
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  4. affinixy

affinixy

Sorry, my bad.
    I should have just add a script to camera to change the value of the audio mixer
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public AudioMixer audioMixer;
    3.     // Use this for initialization
    4.     void Start () {
    5.         //load from sound music slider
    6.         audioMixer.SetFloat("musicVolume", PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("musicVolume", 0));
    7.         audioMixer.SetFloat("sfxVolume", PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("sfxVolume", 0));
    8.     }

5. kheldorin

kheldorin

Is there a way to hide all UI for a specific category?

6. ShockWave2048

ShockWave2048

Hi All!
    How can i scripting animation?
    Now it play in default way (UIElement in/out animations). Not dynamic direction.
    Code (CSharp):
    2. public UIElement eFront;
    3. public UIElement eBack;
    5. private void SwipeScreens()
    6. {
    7.         if (isRight)
    8.         {
    9.             eFront.inAnimations.move.moveDirection = Move.MoveDirection.Right;
    10.             eBack.inAnimations.move.moveDirection = Move.MoveDirection.Right;
    11.         }
    12.         else
    13.         {
    14.             eFront.outAnimations.move.moveDirection = Move.MoveDirection.Left;
    15.             eBack.outAnimations.move.moveDirection = Move.MoveDirection.Left;
    16.         }
    18.         UIManager.ShowUiElement(hidedElement, "BTPlug", false);
    19.         UIManager.HideUiElement(currentElement, "BTPlug", false);
    20. }
    Thanks for answer!

7. Sussifix

Sussifix

Hello!

I couldn't find an answer for this, so I hope somebody can help me. This is more a logic question.
    I can't find in the manual or tutorial, how to implement a OnEnable() or OnDisable() function for elements or buttons.

Does DoozyUI support this?
    Can I put just a script to an element or button with one of these functions?

Thanks and best regards!

8. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

How is 3.0 coming along?

9. AlexMares

AlexMares

We've been quiet for a while now, but that is because we are in crunch time with DoozyUI version 3.
    That is why our support response times are longer than normal.

We had to create a custom node graph engine in order to be able to manage UI flows with ease. Typical node graphs are intended to be drawn (and work) from left to right or from top to bottom. An UI can flow in any direction and thus we had to overcome a lot of design and technical difficulties in order to develop this system. Please feel free to ask any questions about DoozyUI version 3 or Nody.

Check out a quick preview of our NodeGraph Engine (NODY) that will power the visual UI navigation system.

10. Kiupe

Kiupe

@allemaar this looks interesting. But what does that graph will generate ? Classes ? GameObject hierarchy ? etc.

11. AlexMares

AlexMares

There are 3 things that make an UI:
    1. The Graphics - these are the sprites/images/textures (that you can get in packs from the Asset Store) that do nothing on their own
    2. The Layouts (panels) - these are graphics combined in a way to create different UIElements (UIViews); for example a Login Panel, a Settings Panel... and so on; in DoozyUI's case you can also animate them and listen for different events when they are shown and/or hidden
    3. The Navigation - this is the logic that tells the system what UIElements (UIViews) to show and/or hide when something happens; think of this as an UI flow; for example you click the 'Settings' button in the Main Menu and the 'Navigation' will hide the Main Menu UIElement (UIView) and show the Settings Menu UIElement (UIView).

Now this handles the creation of data for the Navigation part. You construct your UI flow in an UIGraph (this is a scriptable object asset file). This UIGraph contains different Nodes that tell the system what to do when something happens.

To answer your question, this NodeGraph generates an asset file typeof UIGraph.

For the system to work there is another component UIGraphController, that takes any UIGraph asset file as a reference and uses it to control the UI flow (the Navigation).

The video shows only a tiny bit of functionality for Nody (our NodeGraph Engine) and showcases how one can construct an UI flow into an easy to understand and follow graph. As of now, the system works and we have all the components already functional, but we are still performing a lot of tests to make sure it is robust and reliable in a lot of conditions. Also, we are adjusting the UI and UX for the custom editors whenever we find a better approach on how you, the developer, might use the various components.

We've been working on this for over an year now and we've been going through a lot of design iterations to get to this point.

StevenPicard likes this.
  12. Kiupe

Kiupe

Ok. So it will generate the graph, which mean the flow. How the user will then "assign" the content (GameObject or a prefab etc.) of a node ?

Question : will it be possible with Noddy to design UIElements that can keep displayed at the same time of other elements ? I can have "top menu bar" that will open other UIElement and stay visible.

Thanks

13. AlexMares

AlexMares

Note: The UIElement component has been renamed and repurposed into the UIView component. We did this to better explain what exactly it does and in order to add several new options relevant to its behavior.

The infrastructure was build in such a way that you do not need to reference anything. All you set up in the nodes is what UIViews you want to to show and/or hide when entering and/or exiting each node.

If you look in the video, you'll notice in the Inspector that every UINode has the following settings:
    1. Node Name - the node's name
    2. Input Connections - the number of input connections (from other nodes)
    3. Output Connections - all the output connections (to other nodes) with a set condition
    4. Actions - here you have the options to SHOW VIEWS and HIDE VIEWS (these are the ones you are looking for and the ones that trigger the animations for your UIViews)

Question : will it be possible with Noddy to design UIElements that can keep displayed at the same time of other elements ? I can have "top menu bar" that will open other UIElement and stay visible.
    Yes that is very easy to do. You have full flexibility when it comes to the design and the flow of your UI. The system allows for any type of combination and animation. The new version also comes with automated triggers for the native Animation Controller component (thus you will be able to animate anything and in every way imaginable). We'll make videos showing how it's done (it's insane ;))

StevenPicard likes this.
  14. Kiupe

Kiupe

Sounds promising ! Thanks.

AlexMares likes this.
  15. Colin_MacLeod

Colin_MacLeod

@allemaar I know you must've answered this somewhere else but I couldn't seem to find it.

How do I redirect all the sounds to a specific Audio Mixer Group? I added a Soundy component to my master canvas, and specified the audio mixer group there, but it appears to do nothing.

What step am I missing?

16. Colin_MacLeod

Colin_MacLeod

For anyone else looking for this, I added a new gameobject called UIManager, and put Soundy and the UIManager components on there - UI Notification Manager added automatically. Then, it seems to work!

17. AlexMares

AlexMares

That is the way to do it in the current version of DoozyUI.

In DoozyUI 3.0 - Soundy - allows the creation of different sound databases (think of them as sound categories or lists) that allow having a different Output AudioMixerGroup per database. In the next version you don't need to add any mixer reference directly in the scene, but in an Editor Window (this new approach works across scenes).

Some new features for Soundy:
    - Audio Pooler - a simple pooling system designed to work seamlessly with sound related components (you don't have to do anything, it will manage the spawning and despawning of sounds by itself)
    - SoundDatabase - allows sounds to be routed through different Output AudioMixerGroup per database
    - AudioData - contains sound settings that allow setting random volume (in dB), random pitch (in semitones), custom spatial blending and playing from a list of audioClips in a random or sequential manner
    - Clean API to access from any code without the need of a direct reference to the SoundyManager (works across scenes and from any script)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Colin_MacLeod likes this.
  18. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

I don't know if this has been answered elsewhere, but will there be an automatic scene upgrade from Doozy 2 to 3? I've got a UI pushing 60 buttons across 20 element groups that I'm still adding to, it would be a pain to manually replace all the components and reset the layout categories.

Also have you moved doozy's DoTween code to its own sequence? A while back I tried using DoTween to make a few things move in the game world and I added a play/pause button for global DoTween objects to the UI. Clicking that will also stop the UI's animations so when I clicked to unpause the button wouldn't animate, I found that I had to move all my moving object code into their own DoTween sequence and pause all those sequences in the scene to avoid also pausing the UI animations as well.

19. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Great package. Awesome work.

I am making a music player that has a reorderable playlist of songs on a mobile touch device.
    Is it possible to do drag and drop to reorder the songs.

Cheers.

20. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

No, You are going to want to put your UI objects in a Vertical or Grid layout component, then add a script to them that implements the IDragHandler interface and write some code using transform.GetSiblingIndex and transform.SetSiblingIndex (look all this up in the docs) then simply track the distance from the point dragged and if it is larger than the height of the song UI in either vertical direction then set the sibling index (up or down) accordingly.

For the most part Doozy does not add functionality to UI other than animation, I'd say it is more of an organizational tool that makes it faster to set up intractability between elements. If I'm wrong then someone please correct me.

AlexMares likes this.
  21. Struct2

Struct2

hi i have problem.. When i use UI trigger -> onTriggerEvent use UIElement and call UIElement.Show, but this element dont use InAnimations but is immediately visible. Can you help me? unity 2018.2.15f and dozzy 2.9.4

22. AshleyBates

AshleyBates

There is another parameter called instant action true / false. Just set it to false if you want the animation to play.

UIManager.ShowUiElement("LoadingWindow", "TabletUI", false);

AlexMares likes this.
  23. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @ParadoxSolutionsSoftworks,

will there be an automatic scene upgrade from Doozy 2 to 3
    When we release 3.0 there won't be any automatic scene upgrade. But we'll look into creating a semi-automated tool to help with project upgrade. The entire infrastructure is new as we reworked the code to be cleaner and easier to use. Also all the scripts have been moved a better structured namespace and all the signatures have changed. The UIElement is now called UIView for example.

Unity_2018-11-19_16-55-02.png

have you moved doozy's DoTween code to its own sequence
    We did not look into this, but it should be easily done. I'll add it to our check&test list before release.

24. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @Struct2,

@AshleyBates explained the solution perfectly (thank you Ashley :) )

Example Time!
    You have an UIElement with the elementCategory = "MyElemetCategory" and elementName: "MyElementName". You've set it up to have both an IN and an OUT animations that happen for 2 seconds each.
    Below you'll find the code examples on how to show and hide the aforementioned UIElement without the need of any reference (this works across scenes):

Code (CSharp):
    1. //this will play the IN animation
    2. UIManager.ShowUiElement("MyElementName", "MyElementCategory");
    5. //this will play the IN animation as we've set the instantAction to false
    6. UIManager.ShowUiElement("MyElementName", "MyElementCategory", false);
    9. //this will NOT play the IN animation as we've set the instantAction to true -> it will SHOW the UIElement, but it will happen in zero seconds
    10. UIManager.ShowUiElement("MyElementName", "MyElementCategory", true);
    13. //this will play the OUT animation
    14. UIManager.HideUiElement("MyElementName", "MyElementCategory");
    17. //this will play the OUT animation as we've set the instantAction to false
    18. UIManager.HideUiElement("MyElementName", "MyElementCategory", false);
    21. //this will NOT play the OUT animation as we've set the instantAction to true -> it will HIDE the UIElement, but it will happen in zero seconds
    22. UIManager.HideUiElement("MyElementName", "MyElementCategory", true);

25. hjohnsen

hjohnsen

Hi,
    I have an UIElement that contains another UIElement and that is opened with a Show() event from the first UIElement.
    The second UIElement also call my code via the Unity event in the In Animation.
    The problem I have is that I can open and close the UIElements several times, but my code will only be called one time (as seen in the console log).
    Is there something I am missing ?

26. hjohnsen

hjohnsen

Ok my problem was that the second UIElement was not really hidden, so it was not executing the InAnimation code.

AlexMares likes this.
  27. intermarum

intermarum

Hi guys, when we can expect 3.0?

28. kimcgm

kimcgm

Hi DoozyUI,

I just got your package.
    Import the package into an existing project and a fresh new project, I'm getting the following errors:

Assets/DoozyUI/Scripts/UI/UIAnimator.cs(5,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `DG' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/DoozyUI/Scripts/UI/UIAnimator.cs(33,22): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Ease' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/DoozyUI/Scripts/UI/UIAnimator.cs(1038,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `RotateMode' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

DoozyUI Version: 2.9.4
    Unity 2018.2.14f1

Am I missing something?

kimc.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  29. sanuvin

sanuvin

Requires DOTween or DOTween Pro to be imported and setup in the project before importing the DoozyUI package.

AlexMares and ParadoxSolutions like this.
  30. kimcgm

kimcgm

@sanuvin, Thanks you. That got me pass the compilation error. I am too eager to get started on Doozy. Still haven't read any document/instruction yet. :p

AlexMares likes this.
  31. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

Three is UIButton, is all of UI Products included in Doozy UI Complete Management

32. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @intermarum,

We are trying to release it as soon as possible. Right now we are doing countless tests on the system to make sure DoozyUI is robust and reliable enough to handle very complex UI flows. While running these tests sometimes we encounter bugs and that is when we stop the testing, fix the bugs and then restart the entire process from the beginning.This takes time (especially if we get nasty bugs) and money, but we'd rather deliver the best possible product a bit slower rather than an unstable system that was not tested enough.

DoozyUI 3.0 is comprised out of modules. Some are updated versions of parts of DoozyUI 2.x and others are completely new. We've simplified the code structure while adding new options, but we still have to make sure every module works with every other module. And that takes a lot of testing to get right.

We really want you guys to start tinkering with the system as soon as possible as we've put a lot of work in it. We'll try to release progress updates to keep you in the loop.

Below you can watch a video showing a UIGraph stress test with 500+ nodes and then a live example of how the node graph works.

Note that we've tested graphs with over 1000 nodes and that you can have as many UIGraphControllers, each running a different UIGraph, as you want in a scene. This allows for very complex and modular UI flows to work together in order to create deep UI interactions. For example you can have two (or more) different Canvases having completely separate UI's, all working at the same time and, should you want to, you can also make all the UI's work together (it's a bit insane).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    StevenPicard likes this.
  33. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @NikhilUnity,

The UIDrawer is the only one not currently included in DoozyUI. All the others are.

UnityRocksAlt likes this.
  34. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

So are changes made during runtime applied to the graph asset?

35. AlexMares

AlexMares

Yes. You just press Play and build and test your UI flow. We've found that this is the fastest way of creating a flow. You can also create sub-graphs and manage them as well.

Ascensi likes this.
  36. AlexMares

AlexMares

We've been working on the developer UX quite a lot. In the editor, every color, icon and interaction has a precise purpose and we've almost eliminated any unnecessary animations.

The settings panels are quite extensive, allowing the developer to customize a lot of things in the editor. Also we have a strings module (for the editor only) that has been specifically designed to allow multi-language support for every component.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  37. Ascensi

Ascensi

@allemaar is there any chance V3 will be released Dec or early Jan? I purchased it recently and read that V3 is basically a rewrite although not completely but I don't want to start learning and building with an older system if the new one is about to be released -also hopeful that video tuts will be dropped at the same time. Lastly I hope you have added the VR/Vive controller ui/interaction examples

intermarum likes this.
  38. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Just got Doozy UI Drawer from asset store.
    Got this error message after importing into project.

Assets/DoozyUI/Scripts/TouchManager/Editor/GestureDetectorEditor.cs(207,22): error CS1501: No overload for method `DrawNavigation' takes `9' arguments

39. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

I just bought UIDrawer and from seeing what it does and how it works, this functionality is so basic in a UI management package that it seem very strange to make extra money from this basic functionality. In my humble opinion, this feature should really be part of new update. Just increase the price of DoozyUI a little bit more and then include this functionality so that the package is fully complete. It will also look good for DoozyUI because users wont think that Doozy is trying to squeeze extra bucks from loyal supporters for a functionality that really belongs to the package in the first place. Of course, this is only my 2 cents, Doozy can take a poll and see what users think about this.

Cheers.

40. Ascensi

Ascensi

I agree with this. -the aim for an Ultimate UI system without hopping around, page to page on the asset store trying to find and buy missing pieces.

Haugster and AlexMares like this.
  41. esteban16108

esteban16108

Can I convert a normal UI Button to DoozyUI button?

42. BennyKokMusic

BennyKokMusic

Hi, I am have multiple errors using the latest DOTween (1.2.055) with UIButton

Assets/Plugins/DoozyUI/UIButton/Animator/Scripts/AnimatorModule.cs(227,27): error CS1061: 'RectTransform' does not contain a definition for 'DOPunchAnchorPos' and no accessible extension method 'DOPunchAnchorPos' accepting a first argument of type 'RectTransform' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

It works with older version (1.1.xxx)

43. timhays

timhays

Some issues to report. I'm using Unity 2018.3.0f2, Windows 10
    To start my project, I import DOTween Pro, also some 3rd party assets which Doozy UI is supposed to support and I own: Master Audio, Energy Bar Toolkit, and I activated 2D Toolkit and TextMesh Pro from within DOTween Pro, and I see these assets in the Project. I then import Doozy UI and I can't get your control panel to activate the previously mentioned "3rd party assets Integration", they still say 'DISABLED' when I click on them.
    Also, I purchased "UI Drawer" and there's an error:
    GestureDetectorEditor.cs(207,22): error CS7036: There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'width'....

BTW: if I import the latest version of TextMesh Pro it will give lots of conflict/errors, which is why I activated the version included within DOTween Pro

When do you think you'll be able to release Doozy UI 3.0? I only just purchased it and UI Drawer, which I also think should be included, even if the price is higher. Will you include UI Drawer or at least update it at the same time?
    Do you think the 3rd party integration will be tested with the latest versions of such and Unity 2018.3 when you release Doozy UI 3.0?

Looking forward to fixes!
    -Tim Hays

44. antsonthetree

antsonthetree

Will v3 have any kind of styling or themeing functionality like css etc? That is a huge pain point with ugui now. Exactly the kind of thing that a complete ui management system should address.

45. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,
    Any preset available for World space UI & screen space UI?

46. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Any progress updates on v3?

47. AlexMares

AlexMares

We just finished adding a preview animation sub-system for all the animations (show, hide, loop, punch and state) that will work in the editor only (when out of Play Mode).

Now we are working on the documentation materials and next week we will start publishing the first videos for the system. We are getting close to being able to release version 3.0, and that will happen as soon as we have the minimum support materials ready.

DoozyUI 3.0 is very complex and has a lot of options available (around three times more than the current version of DoozyUI). This is why we need to have a good documentation readily available.

Also, next week, we'll start adding content to www.DoozyUI.com. All the documentation will be online and easily searchable.

We've listened to all the issues and feature requests that we've received from you guys and fixed / implemented most of them in version 3.

StevenPicard likes this.
  48. AlexMares

AlexMares

I can't get your control panel to activate the previously mentioned "3rd party assets Integration", they still say 'DISABLED' when I click on them.
    The system might have an issue adding the proper define symbols to your active platform.

Also, I purchased "UI Drawer" and there's an error:
    GestureDetectorEditor.cs(207,22): error CS7036: There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'width'....

This is again related to the scripting define symbols.

When do you think you'll be able to release Doozy UI 3.0?
    Quite soon. We're in the documentation phase now.

Will you include UI Drawer or at least update it at the same time?
    We debated this request and the answer is YES. The next version version of DoozyUI will include the UIDrawer as well.

Do you think the 3rd party integration will be tested with the latest versions of such and Unity 2018.3 when you release Doozy UI 3.0?
    We already tested them and we also updated the scripting define symbols injection mechanism.

49. AlexMares

AlexMares

Unfortunately no :(

50. AlexMares

AlexMares

Make sure you properly updated DOTween in your project. Daniele changed DOTween quite a lot from the 1.1 to 1.2 versions. And remember to enable the UI module when performing the setup for DOTween.

Read here how it's done: http://dotween.demigiant.com/support.php#before-modules
    ---------------------------
    Upgrading DOTween from older versions
    Pro versions older than 1.0.000
    or Free versions older than 1.2.000

• Import the new version in the same folder as the previous one, overwriting old files. A lot of errors will appear but don't worry.
    • Close and reopen Unity (and your project). This is fundamental.
    • Open DOTween's Utility Panel (Tools > Demigiant > DOTween Utility Panel) if it doesn't open automatically, then press "Setup DOTween...": this will run the upgrade setup.
    • From the Add/Remove Modules panel that opens, activate/deactivate Modules for Unity systems and for external assets (activate external assets modules only if you have those assets in your project, otherwise errors will be thrown).
    ---------------------------

NOTE: DoozyUI 3.0 requires DOTween v1.2.135 as the minimum version.

BennyKokMusic likes this.