Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by allemaar, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a free version of DoozyUI with limited features?

Poll closed May 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Wolk

Wolk

Hello, I couldn't find your email address anywhere to open a ticket. I have an example project set up.

2. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @Wolk,

You can open a support ticket in quite a lot of ways:
    1. Send an email to support@doozyentertainment.com
    2. Open a ticket directly from our Zendesk website: https://doozyentertainment.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    3. Send a message from our website (doozyentertainment.com).
    4. Open a support ticket directly from the Help section inside DoozyUI control panel in your Unity project.
    5. Click the Support Request link in the DoozyUI Asset Store description.
    6. Check the manual and find the support email: support@doozyentertainment.com

If it's a large file, we recommend using wetransfer.com to send a download link.

Kind Regards,
    Doozy Entertainment

NOTE: We are currently doing the final tests before releasing DoozyUI version 2.9.3

3. unity_P78odNCIPmX-Sg

unity_P78odNCIPmX-Sg

Assets/DoozyUI/Scripts/UI/UIElement.cs(134,27): error CS0426: The nested type `MoveIn' does not exist in the type `DoozyUI.UIAnimator'

Erorr WTF?

Attached Files:

4. allemaar

allemaar

That is an older version of DoozyUI. Just install the latest version and you'll be good to go.

5. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

@allemaar

How far out is support for Unity 2018? Currently I can't import doozy into the project unless I want all the project's shaders to recompile each time the editor updates.

6. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @ParadoxSolutionsSoftworks,

DoozyUI 2.9.3 is almost ready for release. Expect the next update to be released by the beginning of next week, as we intend to submit it for review in the next 2 days.

We had two issues, one was a strange bug found on MAC that we think is solved now and the other was that we needed to make an emergency update for another asset 'Playmaker Actions for DOTween' that had a lot of critical issues pop up when Playmaker 1.9 was released.

We support all of our assets and we also test them to the best of our abilities in order to prevent any update issues that might affect on-going projects.

Kind Regards,
    Doozy Entertainment

rrahim and ParadoxSolutions like this.
  7. esteban16108

esteban16108

I'm having a problem that the UIElement is not covering the whole screen even when using stretch, only when I expand it by hand.

It wasn't happening before tho. I'm using latest DoozyUI from the assetstore and Unity v2018.1.2f1 Windows 10.

EDIT:

I'm so sorry... The problem is that the default image for UIElement/Panel is a Rounded Rect so that would be the problem.

allemaar likes this.
  8. adtylr

adtylr

I get
    Assets/DoozyUI/Scripts/UI/UIAnimator.cs(15,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `DarkTonic' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Please help!

9. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

Have you imported DOTween before Doozy UI? Doozy uses DOTween for animating the UI.

10. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @adtylr,

That namespace 'DarkTonic' belongs to MasterAudio.

You are getting this issue because you enabled support for the 3rd party asset MasterAudio and it was not installed in your project.

You can fix this issue in two ways:

Solution 1
    -- You can install the MasterAudio asset from the Asset Store and this will add the missing namespace

Solution 2
    -- You can delete from your Scripting Define Symbols the text 'dUI_MasterAudio'

-- look at the top bar -> Edit -> Project Settings -> Player -> look in the Inspector View -> open the horizontal tab named 'Other Settings' -> look for 'Scripting Define Symbols' -> delete the string 'dUI_MasterAudio' -> press Return (Enter)

Kind Regards,
    Doozy Entertainment

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  11. novaVision

novaVision

Years ago I started to use Doozy, and actually been exited how great it is, in spite of all bugs I found working with it.
    But now... srsly guys, I will start to look for another asset. You broke all good experience, and I wrote several reports here in this threat, which been successfully ignored.

Today I found one more bug which f****king unbelievable...
    Doozy main advantage is orientation switch logic. How I been surprised when found that somehow only 1 of all my UIElements switches on Orientation change event. I broke my mind trying to figure out what the issue. Spent hours debugging everything un UIManger and UIElement, and finally found -

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void ChangeOrientation(Orientation newOrientation)
    2.         {
    3.             currentOrientation = newOrientation;
    4.             SendGameEvent("DeviceOrientation_" + currentOrientation);
    5.             List<UIElement> visibleUIElements = GetVisibleUIElements(); //we get the list of all the visible UIElement
    6.             count = visibleUIElements != null ? visibleUIElements.Count : 0;
    8.             if(count > 0)
    9.             {
    10.                 for(int i = 0; i < count; i++)
    11.                 {
    12.                     ShowUiElement(visibleUIElements[i].elementName, visibleUIElements[i].elementCategory, false); //we show instantly all the UIElements with this element name (under the new orientation)
    13.                 }
    14.             }
    15.         }
    Let's see - "count" is class declared int. For some reason you decided to avoid method defined int variable... weird, but ok, let's follow to ShowUiElement > ExecuteShow

Code (CSharp):
    1. private void ExecuteShow(string elementName, string elementCategory, bool instantAction)
    2.         {
    3.             showElementsList = GetUiElements(elementName, elementCategory);
    4.             count = showElementsList != null ? showElementsList.Count : 0;
    5.             if(count > 0)
    6.             {
    7.                 for(int i = 0; i < count; i++)
    8.                 {
    9. .........
    Again count... lovely.. just after that part in same method there is an iteration used for UIEffects, and if I don't have any (and mostly we don't) count become 0!!! But we still iterating in ChangeOrientation method.

Omg, I have no words, really. Did you even test it before release? That isn't something rare or non-obvious, it's so trivial and usual task - switch several elements on Orientation change.

12. JSwanFin

JSwanFin

I have UIToggles in UIToggle group. Works as it should, except animations don't. Animation only triggers when I click already selected toggle, not when I change to another UIToggle button.

13. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @novaVision,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about this issue. We will be issuing an update to fix it as soon as possible.

That count class variable was introduced to reduce as GC allocations as much as possible. Sometimes when trying to optimize a code, unexpected bugs occur due to human error. We do test the system a lot before any update (over 100 tests are performed on multiple Unity versions, on both PC and MAC), but that cannot guarantee that the system will be 100% error free. That being said, we'll add a new test for this particular issue so that it does not happen again after the next update.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we'll try to do better in the future.

Kind Regards,
    Doozy Entertainment

14. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @JKyy,

You are correct, we did not take into account the Toggle Group when designing the UIToggle, but we'll look into implementing this functionality. Expect it to be available from the next update.

Kind Regards,
    Doozy Entertainment

15. Barabicus

Barabicus

Hey @allemaar

Sorry if its being asked before but what way would I go about changing Menus without a button click. As in rather than explicitly clicking a button how can I fire navigation events from code? Such as Hide and Show a specific menu.

16. rasto61

rasto61

From memory, I think its UIManager.ShowUiElement(...) and the name of the element and the category. But I believe there is no way to specify which elements to also hide when you want to show a certain element (other than also explicitly hiding the ones you want to hide with UIManager.HideUIElement(...)) and I think this does not add this to the navigation stack, which would be nice to have. This is a shortcoming of DoozyUI, which I think would be nice to add.
    You could also create Button (set all the stuff it should show/hide, add to stack...) without any visible elements and call ExecuteClick on that button.

@allemaar if you read this, please think about adding a way to also manage the navigation stack when showing an element.

Barabicus likes this.
  17. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @Barabicus

Remember to always add using DoozyUI; to your class so that you can access the DoozyUI components that are encapsulated in this namespace;

Example 1
    If you have a direct reference to the UIElement you want to show or hide. You just call the Show() or Hide() method.

Code (CSharp):
    2. UIElement MyUIElement; //your reference to the target UIElement
    4. MyUIElement.Show(); //plays the In Animation of the UIElement
    5. MyUIElement.Hide(). //plays the Out Animation of the UIElement
    Example 2
    If you do not have a direct reference, or you might want to show or hide several UIElements at once (with the same element category and element name), you can use the static method available in the UIManager, as follows.

Code (CSharp):
    2. UIManager.ShowUiElement("MyElementName", "MyElementCategory"); //shows all the UIElements with the given name and category
    3. UIManager.HideUiElement("MyElementName", "MyElementCategory"); //hides all the UIElements with the given name and category
    Is this what you were looking for?

18. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @rasto61,

Yes, we did not add the option to add it to the navigation history. Mostly because we did not think about this use case. Thank you for this suggestion, we'll definitely add this option in the next update (that is under development right now).

We'll look into giving you guys more options to manage the navigation. Also we are developing a node graph solution to visualize and manage your UI flow. This will make the navigation easier to manage and work with.

19. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I bought this yesterday. If it's as good as it looks it'll save me loads of time in UI development. Do you have any plans on supporting 3D objects with UI elements? For example, I want a 3d coin models vertically rotating beside my score? (something similar to this: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/gui/ui-3d-system-109573?)

20. Barabicus

Barabicus

Yes that is perfect, thank you! :)

allemaar likes this.
  21. rasto61

rasto61

Im very much for looking forward to the node editor.
    About the navigation, I think you could just add which elements to also hide (and also perhaps show?) when an element is shown, and mainly specify on the element whether it should be added to the navigation stack. And then maybe allow this to be ignored (like the option to ignore animation) when you still would like to show an element through UIManager.ShowUiElement and not hide other stuff.

22. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @StevenPicard,

You can already do that with Unity without needing any assets, just by setting up your UI in a proper manner.

How to do it (in a few words):
    1. Create a Render Texture in your project
    2. Create a Raw Image in your scene
    3. Reference your newly created Render Texture to your newly created Raw Image
    4. Create a Camera
    5. Set your Camera's Target Texture (in the Inspector) target as your newly created Render Texture
    6. Add your Coin 3D object to your scene (somewhere)
    7. Light it up with some lights
    8. Set your newly created Camera to see this Coin (in your scene view)
    9. Whatever your camera 'sees', it will be sent to your Render Texture, thus it will be visible in your UI via the Raw Image component

Note: this Raw Image component will always add 1 draw call (so if you use several of them, you will have several extra draw calls, thus design your UI with care)

Also, there are a lot of video tutorials available on YouTube, showing you different ways of achieving this effect.

We will dive deeper into this topic and add some helper components to this end as soon as DoozyUI 3.0 will be released.

Did this help you out?

StevenPicard likes this.
  23. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @rasto61,

We are investigating how to do a clean implementation for these features without breaking any on-going projects.
    Also we intend to add an event system for the UINavigation to 'signal' any registered observers what happened) what has been shown and what has been hidden).

We are currently working on adding new scripts to ease in the creation of UI layouts and its management.

24. allemaar

allemaar

News!

We are in the process of hiring a new graphic designer that will help in creating premade UIs (UI Templates). Right now you can buy textures from the Unity Asset Store that you need to assemble, animate and manage yourself in order to have a working UI. We want to change all that and give you UI Templates that are animated, have effects and animations pre-applied and work as expected, as soon as you've installed them.

We will be creating and publishing fully functional UIs that are customizable and extendible. Our aim is to give you the option of having an out of the box working UI so that you can design your games/apps faster. To that end, every UI Template will come with 2 videos (a short one - a presentation video - and a long one - a video tutorial - that will showcase a how to customize and extend the template).

In the next 2 weeks we will be releasing DoozyUI version 2.9.4.

Any comments and suggestions are always welcome! :)

We will be giving out vouchers of the new UIs to some of you that publish videos on YouTube about DoozyUI showcasing your designs / work. ;)

StevenPicard likes this.
  25. AshleyBates

AshleyBates

allemaar likes this.
  26. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Absolutely! Thanks for taking the time to respond with such a helpful answer.

allemaar likes this.
  27. novaVision

novaVision

Latest Doozy version got a bug with UIToggle "wait for animation" property - that doesn't work and event triggers immediately. If set UIManager property "Auto disable button click when UIElement is in transition" off, everything works fine.

28. rasto61

rasto61

Is there any eta for the node editor?

29. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @novaVision,

Next week DoozyUI 2.9.4 will get released and we'll look this by then.

30. allemaar

allemaar

Yes. DoozyUI 3.0 should be ready and released in august 2018.

31. allemaar

allemaar

NEWS!

We've been a bit quiet lately and that is because we're working very hard to develop the next level UI design tool for you guys. Also we have a new graphic designer so expect out-of-the-box functional UIs to be an option when creating your apps/games.

DoozyUI 3.0 is developing nicely with a cleaner code, a new workflow (Node Graph), new features (and components) and a new UI (the editor interface). We are confident that in August 2018 we'll release it and it will be amazing!!!

Here are some things to expect:
    - quick setup after installing DoozyUI in a project to help you customize the settings for your particular use case
    - a node graph to manage your navigation
    - new layout tools (similar to website page builders, but for Unity and made with apps and games in mind)
    - new components (ListView, EnergyBar)
    - new integration with Mecanim (trigger custom animations)
    - new event system
    - new UI Templates system
    - cleaner code
    - new manual
    - new videos

32. rasto61

rasto61

Nice, so just around the corner. Are old elements uielement, uibutton.... going to be deprecated or are they going to be used by the new system?

33. novaVision

novaVision

For me it's more important to know what about performance optimisation in Editor? Selecting an object with any DoozyUI component make it a bit laggy in large projects. I am on MacbookPro 2015 best spec... shouldn't be the hardware issue for sure

34. allemaar

allemaar

The current implementation has a lot of code bundled up from the previous versions. We reworked the 3.x version components to align them to the new workflow. DoozyUI 3.0 has two new cores (one to manage the editor part and one to manage the runtime part).

35. allemaar

allemaar

It's a brand new editor core with a simpler workflow. You'll notice a significant boost to the system's speed.

rrahim and novaVision like this.
  36. AmirLevi

AmirLevi

Hello,
    I have a problem when I'm moving a UI Element, simple movement from the left while I set the canvas scaler to 0.5.
    it just doesn't move correctly to the end of the screen while it's going out or into the screen while it going in,
    it seems like it starts/ ends in the middle of the movement.
    this does not happen when I set canvas scaler to 0.
    I'm adding an image to better explain what is happening

Attached Files:

37. MostHated

MostHated

This is great to hear. I bought this 2ish months ago and have not even used it yet really because I heard so many nice new changes in 3.0 and didn't want to have to redo a bunch of things, so I am definitely looking forward to its release so I can start actually using it, lol. : D

38. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @tiptip,

Can you please open a support ticket and send us your scene exported as an unitypackage file. We would like to take a look at your settings and see what is happening. Should there be an issue from our code we would like to fix it asap and should there be a setting issue we would like to be able to tell other what to do if they come across a similar situation.

To open a support ticket you can either send an email to support@doozyentertainment.com or you can go to the following link and input your info https://doozyentertainment.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Also, if the file you want to send is over 1Mb, please send us a download link from wetransfer.com (you upload your file there and send us a direct link to it).

Thank you for telling us about your issue, we await to hear from you.

Kind Regards,
    Doozy Entertainment

39. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @MostHated

DoozyUI 3.0 will be a huge step forwards from the 2.x version. It will come with several radical changes that needed to be implemented in order to have a better tool. We did this almost 2 years ago when we released DoozyUI 2.0 from 1.x version.

We've been working a lot on this and it takes quite a long time to test and develop an asset that is so complex. Anyway, we hope that you'll like it as we expect it will be a game changer in the UI department.

Kind Regards,
    Doozy Entertainment

StevenPicard likes this.
  40. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I am trying to get the Settings menu to drop down over the Main menu and then slide up when the Back button is clicked. On the Settings button I specify to the show the Settings menu but I do not specify any UIElement (i.e. Main menu) to hide because I want the Main menu to still show. That part works. The issue is when the Settings menu displays. When the Settings menu shows and I click the Back button it hides the Main menu and then re-shows the Settings menu. I click the 'Back' button a second time and then the Settings menu really hides but the Main menu is gone. I did not give the Back button name 'Back' since I know that name has preconfigured logic. I am really confused by this. Any help would be appreciated.

41. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @StevenPicard,

The UIButton that shows the 'SettingsMenu' should have the following Navigation settings:
    - add to navigation history set to true
    - show 'SettingsMenu'

In the 'SettingsMenu' UIElement, just add a Back button and you're done.

With this setup when you press 'ESC' key or the 'Back' UIButton (or the Android Back button), the 'SettingsMenu' will get hidden. The Navigation history remembers what you've shown and hidden each step and, when going back, it does the oppsite. Sine you're not doing anything to the 'MainMenu', it won't be affected.

Did this help you out?

42. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I had tried that originally and it had the issue I mentioned. I'll try it again later today and see if I overlooked something.

43. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I finally got around to testing it again. These are the settings I had which has the issues I mentioned. One thing I had done is change the button name from "Back" something else to see if that would make a difference. I named it "Hide" and on the click event I just specified to hide the current settings panel and that's it (of course, I attempted this through On Click -> Navigation. It would be nice to have the ability to actually trigger an animation or state inside the On Click event outside of Navigation.) That didn't make any difference.

44. allemaar

allemaar

DoozyUI 2.9.4 - Release Notes

DoozyUI 2.9.4 has been submitted to the Unity Asset Store. It should go live a soon as it is approved.

We’ve been tinkering under the hood to fix some bugs that were brought to our attention by you guys and we also added some small new features. Read on to learn about what changed and what are the new available features.

NEW FEATURES
    • UIElement has a new method 'IsUIElementVisible' that returns true if at least one UIElement with the given elementName and elementCategory is currently visible. An UIElement is considered visible if its isVisible value is true.
    • UIManager and UINavigation have a new public static method 'ShowAndHide' that shows and/or hidea all the UIElements that have been added to the show and/or hide NavigationPointer Lists while also adding this change to the NaviagtionHistory if addToNavigationHistory is set to true.
    • UIManager and UINavigation have a new public static method 'ShowUiElementAndHideAllTheOthers' that shows an UIElement and hides all the others (the UIElements that are visible) whith the addToNavigationHistory option.
    • UIManager and UINavigation have a new public static method 'ShowUiElement' that shows all the UIElements that have the given name and category with addToNavigationHistory option.
    • UIManager and UINavigation have a new public static method 'HideUiElement' that hides all the UIElements that have the given name and category with addToNavigationHistory option.

CHANGES
    • The following methods in the UIElement components are now public - InitLoopAnimations, PlayLoopAnimations and StopLoopAnimations.
    • Moved most static registry databases and methods from the UIManager to each corespondent component. The UIManager functionality is still the same, it just points to the new databases/methods for each component. We did this as DoozyUI 3.0 has a clear separation of components and that makes the code more clean and easier to work with (also it is more intuitive this way).

FIXES
    • Updated the functionality of editing multiple components for the Navigation settings. This affects the UIButton, the UIToggle and the GestureDectector. Now, you can select several UIButtons and change all their Navigation settings at once.
    • UIButton OnClick had a small delay when executing multiple clicks/taps in a very short interval. We fixed that and now all the clicks happen instantly as intended. Thank you all for your help in tracking down this issue.
    • A general editor issue was discovered with all the toggles, not behaving as expected when working with multiple components selected. This issue has been resolved and not it works as intended with serializedProperties controlling all the settings.
    • UIButton editor minor layout issues have been resolved.
    • UIToggle not animating when toggled by a ToggleGroup.
    • UIElement show method had some issues due to class variables, now we use method variables that fixed the issues that appared when the orientation changed.
    • Removed the BuildTargetGroup.Tizen from QUTils starting 2017.3 as it was made obsolete.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    rrahim and StevenPicard like this.
  45. allemaar

allemaar

DoozyUI 3 - UPDATE

NEWS

We’ve acquired doozyui.com and we are in the process of moving all the info about DoozyUI there. A real-time chat option will be available, and all the documentation and guides will be added there with supporting how-to images and video examples.

DEVELPOMENT
    DoozyUI 3 has entered alpha testing and we’re adding a lot of new features and fixing any bugs we find before we enter the beta test phase. Right now, the runtime infrastructure is almost complete and operational. After the first functionality tests, we’ll be moving into adding the editor core (that has been developed separately).
    We’ll be looking for some of you (limited availability) to help us out with the beta tests, so be on the lookout for our announcement about that, if you are interested.

FAQ
    • Will DoozyUI 3 be compatible with previous versions of DoozyUI?
    --- As of now, the answer is no. The new version has been completely rewritten from the ground up. We have been maintaining various old code from version 1 and we had to clean up the entire code base to untangle the old patterns and designs.

• What are some of the significant changes implemented in DoozyUI 3?
    --- There are several significant changes that will lower the development times of your UI design. A Node Graph will be responsible for UI navigation purposes; thus, you’ll have a clear and easy way of creating, managing and visualizing your UI flow. UI Templates will be a staple addition to the system, as you’ll be able to design your UI into a template that can be used again and again in other projects. There are other new features that we’ll showcase in all the relevant places (videos, manual, website).

• Will you be developing an upgrade tool from previous versions of DoozyUI to DoozyUI 3?
    --- Depending on the number of upgrade requests, we’ll investigate doing just that. This will happen only after we release DoozyUI 3.

jjurica and StevenPicard like this.
  46. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

When the time comes I'd definitely like to be a beta tester. I am working on 3 games simultaneously so that would be a good test for the template system. I can work on core functionality on all the games in the meantime and save most of the UI navigation stuff for a little later.

47. ChricKCK

ChricKCK

Hi, @allemaar.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there is a bug Doozy UIElement is used in world space - this is for Doozy UI 2.9.

The issue is that the UIElement game object rotates to a random angle during the transition in but righting itself when the transition finishes. I've tracked it down to UIElement.ResetBeforeShow() improperly initializing the transform rotation (line 649 in Doozy UI 2.9).

RectTransform.localEulerAngles = startRotation;

should be:

RectTransform.eulerAngles = startRotation;

... because startRotation is in local Euler angles.

Cheers.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  48. allemaar

allemaar

Hi @ChricKCK,

Just looked into this in the latest version (2.9.4) and we seem to have implemented this. Here is how the method looks now:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. /// <summary>
    3. /// Special reset for the UIElement's RectTransfrom that is executed before every Show.
    4. /// </summary>
    5. void ResetBeforeShow(bool resetPosition, bool resetAlpha)
    6. {
    7.       if(resetPosition)
    8.       {
    9.             RectTransform.anchoredPosition3D = useCustomStartAnchoredPosition ? customStartAnchoredPosition : startPosition;
    10.       }
    11.           RectTransform.eulerAngles = startRotation;
    12.           RectTransform.localScale = startScale;
    13.           if(resetAlpha)
    14.           {
    15.                     if(CanvasGroup == null) { return; }
    16.                     CanvasGroup.alpha = 1f;
    17.           }
    18. }
    Thank you for letting us know bout this though. If this were still an issue, we would have definitely implemented the fix asap.

49. rygaar

rygaar

I am launching a UINotification from a menu. When the UINotification closes, how do I make it select a button on the menu that launched it? Currently, it just closes the dialog and nothing is selected in the menu.

SOLVED: Needed to supply a hide action to programmatically select the button. Must say the notifications are a lot clunkier than the rest of the system - you should look at making them easier to use.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  50. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

I'm trying to figure out UINotifications; do they have to be shown by code? The UINotification or the UINotificationManager component does not have any public methods for showing notifications via UnityEvent nor does the UI manager. What advantage does UINotification have over just using UIElements that are hidden at start and set to a custom position? The manual really isn't clear on how to show them and the only advantage I see is that the user can hit backspace or escape to close it. Is it just meant to be instantiated, couldn't I just do that with a regular UIElement?