Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlexMares, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a free version of DoozyUI with limited features?

Poll closed May 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. galent

galent

Hi I'm trying to use 2.8 (first time, new project) but the Control panel keeps showing the "Editor is compiling the assemblies" message (see screen shot below:) and it isn't changing. I've left it alone for over an hour, no change, not that I'd expect that kind of delay anyway I'm using a mid 2015 MacBook Pro, with 16 Gb ram. I am using the latest Unity 2017.3 editor. I do have DOTween Pro and energy tool bar (both latest versions) installed as well.

Any ideas what's happening?

Screenshot 2017-12-20 14.01.44.png

2. esteban16108

esteban16108

Hi all,

Just changed the Main Canvas from "Screen Space - Overlay" to "Screen Space - Camera" and it doesn't preview the UI well, is this normal?

Capture.PNG

3. Zerglrisk

Zerglrisk

i want control navigation in code that navigation used in UI button -> onclick -> navigation..
    so i try to
    DoozyUI.NavigationPointer navigationPointer = new DoozyUI.NavigationPointer("Persistent", "Loading");
    DoozyUI.NavigationPointerData navigationPointerData = new DoozyUI.NavigationPointerData();
    navigationPointerData.show.Add(navigationPointer);
    but it dont works. how can i use it?

4. ShockWave2048

ShockWave2048

Hi. I use that way for show UIElement.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UIManager.HideUiElement("Element1", "UIGroup", false);
    2. UIManager.ShowUiElement("Element2", "UIGroup", false);

Newskid likes this.
  5. Zanderfax

Zanderfax

UI Manager is not allowing me to set debug on events. I click on the check boxes but they will not check.

Am I missing something?

Z

6. TheGamby

TheGamby

I like DoozyUI, but it was very quiet in the last time: no updates, no news here, no new videos on YouTube.

Is DoozyUI still in development?
    What is on the road map?

7. bullardo

bullardo

I just purchased this and seem to be having problems with Unity 2017.3 . When I trigger the UI Elements animations via event they do not play, However using the show and hide buttons work. I sent support an email a few days ago but have not heard back. Hoping for a quick fix.

8. Laicasaane

Laicasaane

DoozyUI has been just included in a free bundle of Unity Plus and Pro recently so it would be absurb if they stopped the development. As I know, they are putting all their efforts into version 3.0.

TheGamby likes this.
  9. galent

galent

Hi DoozyUI team, I"ve done some digging, and it seems that if I switch platforms from the default to IOS or Android I start getting the assemblies compiling issue. I can restore the control panel to normal by switching back to PC, Mac & Linux Standalone. While that's great, I'm building a mobile application, I'd really like to use DoozyUI but I can't spend time fighting the tool. Any ideas what's causing this?

[update] without doing any deeper looking, it appears like the compiling process can't complete, it gets to the end and just restarts

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  10. TheGamby

TheGamby

We had the Problem, that direct after showing an UIElement, the selected UIButton in this UIElement was not using the "Selected Animation". Changing the selection by Keys or Mouse was working and than the "Selected Animation" was shown correctly. We are using Versio n2.8.1p1

So we look in the DoozyUI Code and found a solution in UIBUtton.cs in the Method ResetAnimations().

After Changing
    EventSystem.current.currentSelectedGameObject == this
    to
    EventSystem.current.currentSelectedGameObject == this.gameObject
    everything worked like expected and now the selected UIButton is using the "Selected Animation" directly after showing the UIElement

Original code in UIBUtton.cs
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void ResetAnimations()
    3. {  
    4.    StopNormalLoop();    
    5.    StopSelectedLoop();    
    6.    ResetRectTransform();    
    8.    if (EventSystem.current != null && EventSystem.current.currentSelectedGameObject == this) { StartSelectedLoop(); } else { StartNormalLoop(); }
    9. }
    Change
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void ResetAnimations()
    2. {    
    3.    StopNormalLoop();    
    4.    StopSelectedLoop();    
    5.    ResetRectTransform();    
    7.    if (EventSystem.current != null && EventSystem.current.currentSelectedGameObject == this.gameObject) { StartSelectedLoop(); } else { StartNormalLoop(); }
    8. }

Nowlz and Laicasaane like this.
  11. Zerglrisk

Zerglrisk

Mann how can i scene loaded check using this assets code?

12. zhuchun

zhuchun

Hi,

That looks like the sound volume is either On or Off, is that possible assign a float? We use FMOD instead of MasterAudio, so I guess we should use a native AudioMixer?

Cheers,
    Zhu Chun

13. Barritico

Barritico

Do you know another option to this asset?
    Between the absence of answers, updates and the latest bad ratings, I prefer not to buy it and I need something.

Thank you.

14. BlackManatee

BlackManatee

BUG ISSUE / WORKAROUND: Punch Move resets button origin/orientation point...

I was using a Vertical Layout Group/template, positioning three buttons inside a simple panel, to be centered and distributed regardless of the number of buttons I added -- standard layout-component stuff:

upload_2018-1-9_0-54-14.png

At run time, the buttons start off looking just fine, centered and distributed properly:

upload_2018-1-9_0-55-30.png

Unfortunately, when I clicked a button, or even slid over it, the button would move to a totally different location on the screen. The other buttons remained in place, unless I activated one of them. I found that they were distributing themselves by using the upper-left position as the orientation reference:

upload_2018-1-9_0-59-2.png

Note also that in the image above (at run-time), the "Rect Transform" graph for each button shifts from its initial place (middle/center, as in the first image) to an upper-left anchor point.

I traced the problem to the "Punch Move" option, which was enabled in the OnPointer ENTER action for each button.

Solution (temporary): Simply disabling the "Punch Move" action prevented the buttons' orientation reference from resetting. It's a temporary fix, though; hopefully the scripting division at Doozy Industries will revise the punch-movement actions to capture a button's pre-move location at startup, so that it can be restored properly after a move (or simply invert the punch movement/direction after the move).

Perhaps the issue is already known; if anyone has a better way to address the problem (besides just disabling the punch-move action), please let me know!

15. TheGamby

TheGamby

It's a known problem. I put every button in a small container (with a RectTransform) and than this containers in the VerticalGroup.

Scrn - Doozy - Forum.png

BlackManatee likes this.
  16. BlackManatee

BlackManatee

I hadn't seen it mentioned explicitly, so many thanks for your clarification!

17. sandylee33

sandylee33

Hello, I have encountered a problem when build on iPad. The application goes black screen but all the button and sound seems to work(we clicked on where the button should be and there was sound coming out). I have built it to macOS and the screen flashes during the first seconds. We are so confused what caused that problem.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  18. fafase

fafase

Hei,

Just starting with the tool, I went through the button video on youtube but got an issue.

I just want to have the onClick event been called once the animation is done. Currently it calls right away though I have Wait for animation enable. The video focuses on game event only but I want to use the onClick.

And for unknown reasons, I can't enable debugging in UI manager for debugging game event anyway. Ticking is not affecting.

So is the onClick meant to wait or is the game event the only way to have a waiting event call.

Using Unity 2017.2.0f3.

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  19. benzsuankularb

benzsuankularb

When will 3.0 came out?
    Hide on start was a useless feature without setup the name of every UIElement..
    which my project was too huge to manage names in the way Doozy does.

20. ShockWave2048

ShockWave2048

Hi all!
    How can i globally listen for UI change elements?

21. fafase

fafase

Last reply ifrom a Doozy rep n Sept 2017, it would seem they gave up on this thread.

dFlynnSo, _antifun_ and TheGamby like this.
  22. dusoft

dusoft

The DoozyUI latest version works in Unity 2017.3? are there any information about the roadmap or future release of DoozyUI? What the team didn't post anything from 4 months ago..?

:(

23. messem10

messem10

DoozyUI works in 2017.3 for me. There is a bunch of stuff laid out within the control panel about where they wanted to go with the product. They've been silent on all of their social media since about August of last year. Not sure as to why though; they were extremely active before then but there has been radio silence since.

24. Newskid

Newskid

Hi!

I'm trying to do exactly the same but it doesn't work. I call the function:

"DoozyUI.UIManager.ShowUiElement("UIE - Name")"

from my code, when I need to show an UIElement but nothing happens. I have tried adding animations to the UIElement and without animations but still not working, any idea??

25. bullardo

bullardo

I get the same and also try using a trigger event with show(true) and hide(true) but it pops the element open but does not animate it. Very frustrating. Im on 2017.3

26. AshleyBates

AshleyBates

You need to use the element name within the category not the name of the object.

So I might have an element under the master canvas called "UIE - Options" (the name you are using)
    with the category - "OptionsMenu"
    Element Name - "Options"

Then in the parameters use false if you want the animation to show, or true if not -

UIManager.ShowUiElement("Options", "OptionsMenu", false);

Newskid likes this.
  27. OlehToder

OlehToder

Hi. How can I set all DoozyUI audio output to certain audio mixer group?
    Is it safe to set it for all AudioSources (channels) of Soundy class?
    Thanks

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Newskid likes this.
  28. galent

galent

Hi all, I see more than just me are having some issues, especially using unity 2017.3. I've managed to get most things to work for me with some trial and error (resisting the urge to look deeper into the code base and see if there are things I should fix). Here's what I've found (let me know if this works for anyone else):

1. Animations et al. - just don't work right unless you actually name every element. Painful, but there it is. You need to name the element, then add it to one of the categories (I usually use "Uncategorized" or the "sample - buttons"), mostly because I can't get the editor tool to work consistently.
    2. The Doozy editor - doesn't work consistently. There I said it. Occasionally it'll open and work for me, but most times... forget about it. Looks great (when it works). The support for third party assets... not sure what that does, but activating them seems to send the Doozy editor into a week long spiral.
    3. UIManager - DO NOT add a manager to all scenes! The UI manager is a singleton, where it's loaded in your app, it'll be hanging around in every scene there after. Oh, and I've noticed if you don't have one in your scene, one will appear when you press play. Here's the catch, if you just add one, it completely resets whatever datastore Doozy uses for elements, buttons, etc... Then you'll have to add each one in the scene back, by clicking on it and answering yes to the "add this to category..." dialog.
    4. UI Elements - I'm still working this one out, but even when they're not visible, they're present. I've noticed once a UI Element has transitioned onto the screen simply having it Hide does not stop the elements from blocking mouse clicks etc... I'm going to try using canvases for full screen transitions and see what happens.
    5. Animations can stop - still working this one out, seems if I click and return (using UI Elements for full screen overlays (a full screen slide-out menu on a mobile app for example) if I do it too often, the buttons on the original (underlying) screen seem to stop working and animating. Hopefully switching to separate canvases will stop this. However I'm concerned because the button still visually reacts to a click (or tap) by changing colour, but doesn't animate or function properly. Stay tuned.
    Overall I like DoozyUI, but there does seem to be some issues with 2017.3 (Can't speak to earlier versions). It's more "Unity" (at least UGUI) like than NGUI (which I've used in the past, but is it's own UI model). There are times when the "Refreshing ... Database" window is enough to drive me to drink, and having to re-add buttons / UI Elements to said databases over and over is going to get old real fast. But the easy animations and UGUI like model are nice.

If the developers are reading this, PLEASE for the sake of the (usually barely tethered) sanity of us poor devs out here, do something to get these 2017.3 issues cleared up. Unity 2018 is on the way. I can't imagine what those Unity devils (you know who you are :) ) will have retooled under the hood, but it's not likely going to improve issues between Doozy and the core engine. I've been using Unity since 2007 (so I'm totally open to riding the rough waves as things evolve. ;) ) but if these issues persist I'll have to rip my app apart and rebuild with a different framework. If that happens, I'm sending my wife and kids to your house while I get that done ... fair warning!

29. Newskid

Newskid

Thanks for your answer, it really helps!

Sometimes it works and sometimes not, I've realized that when it doesn't work it's because ShowUiElement(...) doesn´t found the element. You know why is happening this?
    I use the "hide @Start" options on some UIElements, I don't know if its better to control it only through my code and hide/show the panels when I need it??

I've just seen that the UIElement.Start() it's called after I hide/show the elements when I need it (in the app flow) and then it's when the function hide/show doesn't find the elements...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  30. Nowlz

Nowlz

It looks like Version 2.9 has just been released with some pretty major bug fixes

But more importantly it includes the release of a new 80 page manual!

They've also setup a new community forum so I suggest if you have any questions / problems that you post there as you may be more likely to get a response.

TheGamby likes this.
  31. liufeizhou

liufeizhou

I must select Local Show/Hide with UI Element,this UI Element may be Show and Hide ,this is why

32. fafase

fafase

Hei,

I removed that asset long ago but it keeps rewriting the scripting define symbols with :

dUI_DoozyUI

Basically, I can delete and write a new one, but it will overwrite new entries on redraw of the editor.

I guess there is one script I forgot somewhere though i can find anything Doozy nor Quick related...

EDIT:
    It seems deleting the folder related to the plugin is not cleaning everything. At least there is that one leftover in ProjectSetting/ProjectSetting.asset.

The line scriptingDefineSymbols: {} was containing some Doozy remaining.
    I removed it and it is fine now.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  33. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi All,

Quick update.

Please use the Community Forum for any questions or feature requests you might have.

Having a long thread like this one helps no one because it is hard to follow and search through.
    The forum is searchable and can be split into topics, thus helping you quickly find the answer to your questions.
    If the question you have is a new one, just post a new topic and we'll respond.

We have been developing DoozyUI round the clock and are also actively producing video tutorials on our YouTube channel. Check out the new videos as they might answer a lot of your questions.
    Note that we're aiming to publish at least on video per weekday at 06:00 AM EST / 10:00 AM GMT.

The current video tutorial series is: How to create a simple UI in Unity!

Version 2.9.2 is almost ready for release as it comes with a few fixes and some new features. Also, new components are being tested right now and the UINavigation will be converted to a NodeGraph implementation quite soon.

Kind Regards,
    Doozy Entertainment

PS: below you'll find a list of useful links

Online Manual - https://goo.gl/yD152s
    YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/c/DoozyEntertainment
    YouTube - Playlist - DoozyUI 2.9 - https://goo.gl/Y2Qifg
    Twitter Feed - https://twitter.com/doozyplay
    Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/doozyentertainment
    Help Center - Documentation, How-To & FAQ - https://doozyentertainment.zendesk.com/
    Community Forum - Feature Requests & General Discussions - https://doozyentertainment.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics
    Support Request - Open a Support Ticket - https://doozyentertainment.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Support Email - mailto:support@doozyentertainment.com

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  34. rrahim

rrahim

Glad to hear you guys are still working on this awesome plugin.
    I hope there's lots of new cool stuff yet...

35. AlexMares

AlexMares

We never stopped :)), we just upgraded it as much and as fast as possible while creating a reliable support infrastructure. Now that the infrastructure is up and operational, we can continue upgrading the asset while creating the much needed video tutorials.

rrahim likes this.
  36. MostHated

MostHated

------- Edit : Nevermind, I figured it all out.

Hey there, just picked this up yesterday, I had a few questions as I am new to this. If a UI item is part of a group of stacked menus and when you click on it expands upward to show text, can it also expand horizontally out past the group even though it is in the group and ends up taking its size, is there an override of some sort?

Also, is there a way to make windows "dockable"? In my menu panel, it slides up when you click it to show menu items then when you click one of them, that slides up to show what is in it as per my first question, but I am wanting to know if there is a way to make the item be able to undock from the main menu and then be dragged and placed around the screen (example being a chat window) then if you close it, it goes back to the docked location in the expandable menu. Is this something Doozy can help with?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  37. theappmedia

theappmedia

Hi, I am facing this issue "Assets/DoozyUI/Scripts/UI/UIEffect.cs(64,32): error CS0426: The nested type `MainModule' does not exist in the type `UnityEngine.ParticleSystem'"

any solution.

38. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @theappmedia,

Please tell us what Unity version are you currently on and what DoozyUI version do you have installed.

Also, for future questions, please use Community Forum - Feature Requests & General Discussions - https://doozyentertainment.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics, as the answers will be searchable for anyone that might encounter a similar problem.

Kind Regards,
    Dooyz Entertainment.

39. IsntCo

IsntCo

How do you rename a UIElement Category in the Control Panel? You can rename the UIElement, but not the Category name.

40. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @Appminis,

The current DoozyUI version (2.9.1) does not have the option of renaming categories, but version 2.9.2 does.
    As soon as we finish testing DoozyUI 2.9.2 we'll release it and you'll be able to rename your categories after you update.

Kind Regards,
    Doozy Entertainment

41. JJMathews

JJMathews

Is it possible to make an element animate in and outs but not hide the contents or disable interactions afterwords? We are trying to use an Element to move the menu to the very edge of the screen rather than disable it.

42. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @JJMathews,

You can do that just by enabling 'don't disable Canvas when hidden'.

UIElement - Don't Disable Canvas.gif

Also, for future questions, please use Community Forum - Feature Requests & General Discussions - https://doozyentertainment.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics, as the answers will be searchable for anyone that might encounter a similar problem.

Kind Regards,
    Doozy Entertainment.

If you are trying to create a Side Drawer (also known as a Navigation Drawer), we recommend getting the UIDrawer component.

43. JSwanFin

JSwanFin

I don't know where bugs should be reported, so here is one:
    In UIButton:
    public void DisableButton(float duration) { cDisableButton = StartCoroutine(iDisableButton(duration)); }
    /// <summary>
    /// Executes the button disabling in realtime.
    /// </summary>
    /// <param name="duration"></param>
    /// <returns></returns>
    IEnumerator iDisableButton(float duration)
    {
    DisableButton();
    yield return new WaitForSecondsRealtime(duration);
    EnableButton();
    cDisableButton = null;
    }
    If the button is disabled from the beginning and user clicks the disabled button and there is disable button interval set, the code will re-enable the disabled button. I fixed it like this:

IEnumerator iDisableButton(float duration)
    {
    if (Interactable)
    {
    DisableButton();
    yield return new WaitForSecondsRealtime(duration);
    EnableButton();
    cDisableButton = null;
    }
    }

44. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @JKyy,

That issue has already been fixed in DoozyUI version 2.9.2 and we did it in a similar way.

Code (CSharp):
    3.         public void DisableButton(float duration)
    4.         {
    5.             if(!Interactable) { return; }
    6.             cDisableButton = StartCoroutine(iDisableButton(duration));
    7.         }
    9.         IEnumerator iDisableButton(float duration)
    10.         {
    11.             DisableButton();
    12.             yield return new WaitForSecondsRealtime(duration);
    13.             EnableButton();
    14.             cDisableButton = null;
    15.         }
    As soon as we finish testing the 2.9.2 version and we deem it stable, we'll release it and this will become a non-issue.

Kind Regards,
    Dooyz Entertainment

45. ghiboz

ghiboz

hello again!
    did DoozyUI has something to make a UI for vr?

46. rasto61

rasto61

could you add the option to automatically expand used features of a ui item when selected?

eg. when I select a button of onclick is enabled and unity events and navigation are enabled on that button they would be automatically expanded

47. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @ghiboz,

Just use WorldSpaceCanvas and design your UI for VR (or AR) and it will work as expected. DoozyUI helps you manage and animate native Unity UI components, thus you do not need any special scripts.

48. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @rasto61,

We are looking into changing this setting so that a component set value will dictate its expanded state.

49. Wolk

Wolk

Hello, there's 2 bugs I've found and are really annoying. In the latest version, Screen Space - Camera does not seem to work, no clicks are detected, only screen space - overlay seems to work.
    Under a UI element, which is called by navigation, i've put a Scroll View. It seems to always scroll down and sometimes disappear. Quite an annoying bug

50. AlexMares

AlexMares

Hi @Wolk ,

Can you please elaborate on this, as you might have a sorting issue there. If you are using a canvas set to Overlay (on top of everything), sorting does not matter as it will be drawn over everything, but if you are using Screen Space Camera or World Space, than you need to manage your layers and sorting order. In order for the clicks/touches to be captured, you should make sure that there is nothing in front of the canvas that you are targeting. To test this, disable everything and leave only the target canvas enabled and test. Then, enable other canvases, one by one and see what happens.

Does this happen only when you are scaling the UIElement or every time?
    We would need to take a look at your setup (scene) to give you a pertinent answer for this issue as it's all in the settings.

Also, should you need help, just send us an email to open a support ticket and we'll be happy to help you out.

Kind Regards,
    Doozy Entertainment

Wolk likes this.