Search Unity

DoozyUI: Complete UI Management System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlexMares, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a free version of DoozyUI with limited features?

Poll closed May 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. zukinet

zukinet

Hi @allemaar

Are this issue solved ?

i still face this when exit from Game to Editor (around 3-4 seconds) :

when this refresh bar happen, UI-Element's animation stop play, else it normal...

i'm using unity v2017.1 (Macbook)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. ahmed_decoy

ahmed_decoy

Hi @allemaar ,

I think your tool is great, I have a suggestion to make the tool more user friendly for console developers with their primary users leveraging game controllers.

For UI Button it would be nice to have OnSelect and OnDeselect triggers. Since all the ones that exist (OnPointerENTER, OnPointerEXIT, etc) don't apply for consoles. OnClick is fine since we can simulate an OnClick action from pressing a button on a controller. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to take an action when selecting and deselecting from a UI Button while navigating with a controller (or keys). Our current workaround is we just built our own monobehaviour which looks for this event and we can take action at that point.

Secondly,

Going back to a post by @zhuchun, speaking on the "Auto selected button after show" not working. I can definitely confirm this never works IF your UI Button is both embedded in the UI Element's gameobject, and the UI Element has an InAnimation defined. Consistently never works. However, if you move the UI Button from being embedded within the UI Element which defines that target button as "Auto selected button after show", then it works fine.

Was curious what the progress of this fix? The first link provided by @zhuchun worked for me. I basically put the line of code into a monobehaviour, and I called the function at the end of the InAnimation defined on the UI Element. I'd think if you guys can refactor the "Auto selected button after show" to use a coroutine as in the example below, should fix the issue.

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1159573/eventsystemsetselectedgameobject-doesnt-highlight.html

Thanks!

3. WhiteGfx

WhiteGfx

(DUI 2.8.1p1 nad MA V 4.1.4) I have a exactly same problem, with enabled MA no click sounds, without MA all is fine. Try this:

Maybe this will fix your issue: When Master audio is enabled all played sounds from DUI is played by Master Audio (see control panel and sounds) so you need setup these sounds in MA. Please have a look into this page http://www.dtdevtools.com/docs/masteraudio/HowToCreateSFX.htm and try import Pop sound from DUI. After that you can play on click sound with DUI on click.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    dFlynnSo likes this.
  4. ahmed_decoy

ahmed_decoy

Hey @allemaar ,

So I think I found the exact issue for why auto selects simply don't work.

In the UIButton class on line 1517, in the ResetAnimations() method, you have this check:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (EventSystem.current != null && EventSystem.current.currentSelectedGameObject == this) { StartSelectedLoop(); } else { StartNormalLoop(); }
    The "EventSystem.current.currentSelectedGameObject == this" fails every time. Which makes sense because you're comparing UIButton monobehaviour to a GameObject, instead of comparing the UIButton gameobject. So I just changed "this" to "this.Gameobject" and everything worked!

5. dFlynnSo

dFlynnSo

Hi Thanks for the help, i will try it out :)

6. Wolk

Wolk

Hi, any idea how to call navigation hide and show via a script

nvm, it's
    gameObject.GetComponent<DoozyUI.UIButton>().onClickNavigation.hide.Add(...);
    Still can't get it to work tho

I want to hide the menu on click, but in a script, could anyone help?

You guys should add description to deprecated items, or clean them up.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    dFlynnSo likes this.
  7. letchuck

letchuck

Question for you guys:

If I were to allow users to click and drag an UI element during runtime, what would be the best way to go about it?
    OnMouseDown/Up doesn't appear to work on the element itself without a collider. Is there a method already implemented?

8. blockimperium

blockimperium

Is there any documentation that actually explains how to use the product? The documentation available shows what all the features are, but there is no documentation for 2.8 that actually shows step by step how to use any of the features. All of the videos for 2.8 talk about the new features as well. Its like I needed to adopt this product 2 years ago so that I could be "in the know" for how to use the system.

Can someone PLEASE point me to documentation or a video of 2.8 that walks a dev through the steps to create a UI?

LastMonopoly likes this.
  9. Wolk

Wolk

You right click and add doozy ui. The way it works is best seen if you load their example levels, it's not that hard :)

10. Wolk

Wolk

Okay apparently i need to call
    UIManager.ShowUIElement("ElementNameForCondition_1");
    Great, if anyone else needs it.

Also please fix:
    Unable to open C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/GUISystem/Standalone/UnityEngine.UI.dll: Check external application preferences.

The documentation is horrible btw, when you make documentation you need to provide examples, not just auto generate templates

11. blockimperium

blockimperium

But at that point I'm just hacking. I don't know how the tool works or what I should be doing to make it work properly. Its like taking the ARCore stuff that's available and just building a game off that as it currently is ;)

Besides which there is nothing that says "add doozy ui" un the Doozy UI context menu.

Under the Doozy UI context menu there is a submenu for Managers such as UI Manager, then there are a number of standalone Doozy UI components such as UI Canvas, UI Element, UI Button, etc. Do you have a screenshot from 2.8 that illustrates the "add doozy ui" functionality?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  12. Wolk

Wolk

You don't need to "Hack" anything together. As i said, open up DoozyUI/Examples and take a look at how the interfaces are structured.

You right click on hierarchy, DoozyUI->UI canvas
    Then under canvas you add DoozyUI->UI element
    under element's background you add DoozyUI->UI button
    That's how their hierarchy works. Or you could just copy the hierarchy from the examples.
    Under buttons you can then do on click navigation or whatever you want. If you have any questions on anything specific you want to do, ask

13. karmik

karmik

Is everything ok with the owner of this asset.

Is the asset abandoned by owner or does it not figure in his priorities to support the customers.

No response to email or queries on forum

WhiteGfx likes this.
  14. camaech

camaech

I bought DoozyUI at version 2.8 and now when I update to the latest version 2.81p1, I lose a lot of my Navigation events. What appears to be happening is that they lose my custom Element Categories and become "Uncategorized" and therefore no longer work. Is there a way around this? Are you guys aware of this? I really don't want to upgrade if I'm going to have to go thru all of my previous Navigation Events and reset their properties.

15. longshotsg

longshotsg

For all who encountered UIElement can't hide@start like me, the answer is actually in post #591

UIElement's 'Hide @ Start' and 'auto hide after a x seconds delay' not working.
    We need a bit more info about your setup in order to see where the problem came from. Check that the UIElement has an elementCategroy, an elementName, at least one IN animation and one OUT animation enabled.

Apparently, you need the above set before it can hide.
    If you just create the UIElement to quickly test like i did, it won't work.
    Hope it helps someone.

16. gecko

gecko

We are using UINavigation, and it only happens when that's enabled -- it stops when I disable it. It happens fairly often when I press the Spacebar, again, various panels appear, not always the same one. Any ideas?

17. beatflo

beatflo

I found a potential bug in UIElement.

I have a panel with a UIElement script attached. hide@START is enabled so that the panel doesn't show up until a navigation event is triggered. At first the panel worked as expected but now every time the app starts the panel is visible even if hide@START is enabled. The UIElement has a ElementCategory, ElementName, and both IN and Out Animations.

I've traced through the code and it seems that the problem is with the isVisible field. isVisible should normally be set to true during startup but it is being initialized as false. Since isVisible is set to false the Hide method does not hide the UIElement. Since isVisible is a public field I suspect that Unity serialized the state of isVisible to false while in edit mode and it got stuck in this state. I never manually changed the state of isVisible. I enabled debug mode and the inspector shows that isVisible is disabled. Enabling it in the debug inspector fixes the problem but since this happened once it will probably happen again.

I would recommend either encapsulating the field as a property so that Unity doesn't serialize it or add the [System.NonSerialized] attribute to the field.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    SourceKraut likes this.
  18. NeobirdJohannes

NeobirdJohannes

I have also found a potential bug, this time in the UIButton: The waitForAnimation-Feature of the OnClick does not work at all.

In the code it says the following about the waitForAnimation-Trigger: "If enabled, the button action and game events are sent after the on click punch animation has finished playing. This is useful if you want be sure the uses sees the button animation". But when I test this option, it doesn't effect when the OnClick-Event is triggered.

One simple example:
    Create a UIButton and a script that listens for the OnClick of the UIButton (with a Debug.Log or something). Than, set a punch Animation in the OnClick tab of the UIButton with a long duration (i.e. a scale animation that lasts 5 seconds). Last, enable the waitForAnimation in the OnClick tab and start the play mode to test it. For me, I get the OnClick-Event immediatly after I click the button.

When I set the single click mode to "Delayed", I get an delay of about 0.2 seconds for the OnClick-Event at least. The Animation duration doesn't matter for that.

Is this an official bug that is worked on?

19. NeobirdJohannes

NeobirdJohannes

The bug got confirmed and is set on the priority list. Here is the answer from Alex (Doozy UI Team):

"You are correct, this is a bug. We just looked in the code and saw that the OnClick UnityEvent is Invoked regardless of the waitForOnClickAnimation setting. It is a flawed implementation that needs to be rewritten asap. I'll add this as a priority bug fix that needs to be included in the next update."

20. timothyph

timothyph

Very old, but this just started happening to me today. Using Unity 2017.3.0b6 -- When importing Doozy to a new project, the TOOLS menu never shows up in the Unity editor. At this point, I have no TOOLS menu, so I cannot do the Doozy setup process to remove this error.

Help?

SOLVED
    I resolved this by adding the DOTween packages manually. Once those were imported into the project, Doozy was able to compile properly and the TOOLS menu became active.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  21. Endi24

Endi24

UI Manager has an issue: When I want to check the Debug GameEvents checkbox, nothing happens. The whole inspector component doesn't work. However, when I enter game mode, it does become responsive and I can copy the component values as I edit them while on play mode and when I exit, I can paste the component values and it all works fine. It would be good to look into this.

novaVision likes this.
  22. novaVision

novaVision

same here.... can't debug any event

23. Endi24

Endi24

You can try my abovementioned solution. It works if you go to game mode, check it, copy component values, exit game mode, paste component values.

24. HaoHaoHaoHaoHao

HaoHaoHaoHaoHao

Hi I'm not sure if this is an issue with dotween or doozy. Using unity 2017.2.0f3, doozy version 2.8.1p1.
    The scene creates 10k gameobjects(tiles) with a sprite component at runtime.
    -The first image is the fps captured with dotween setup up in the project.
    -The second image is AFTER I imported doozy into the assets folder, no doozy components were used in the scene.
    Any idea what might be causing this? doozyprior.PNG doozyafter.PNG

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  25. novaVision

novaVision

Seems that doesn't work on my end. I used copy -> paste to component, and now UIElement debug is active in non-play mode, but nothing happens on play.

26. benzsuankularb

benzsuankularb

How I can show and hide UIElement without using category and name ?

I need to add button and elements at runtime without go to element database and add new name.

That's pretty annoying

27. novaVision

novaVision

Set UIElement to component property and call it's Show/Hide method directly

28. zukinet

zukinet

Hi,

anybody know how to have 2 side UI panel/element on Doozy UI ? i want to rotate a card that have 2 side....

29. Laicasaane

Laicasaane

Hi,
    This problem is serious to me: When I use Doozy system in a scene, CPU usage goes up to 11% when I interact with the Hierarchy tree and above 17% when I select a Doozy gameobject (canvas, buttons, etc). Thus the Editor becomes pretty slow. In normal scene without Doozy, CPU usage for Hierarchy tree interaction is just 6 to 7%, and CPU usage for selecting a gameobject (even with many script attached) won't cause any visual problem.

30. Nowlz

Nowlz

Was just looking for this feature too.

I'm currently writing a tutorial and need to simulate a button click with animation and sound.

I achieve this by sending StartOnClickAnimations of the UIButton which is marked as obsolete but works nicely for my purposes

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  31. atitoHW

atitoHW

Hi I am having some issues with DoozyUI and the Samsung Galaxy Tab running android 7.0. (All these things work fine in editor and on a Samsung Galaxy running android 6.0.1)

The OnClick event is not always triggering correctly sometimes it is because it is not reaching the clickedOnce = false at the end of ClickRegistered() so it will work the first time and not the second. Other times it doesn't get through to the OnClick at all it registers the OnPointerDown, OnPointerUp and OnPointerExit. Bascially the OnClick behaviour can be completely unpredictable on this device, sometimes it will work others not which is really not great. I'm not sure if it matters but as a FYI this is a first pass test integration for DoozyUI on our project so we are currently using UI Button events rather than DoozyUI Game events.

We are also seeing oddities with elements that rely on the DoozyUI Orientation portrait or landscape check boxes on this device, even in portrait mode it seems to be seeing the tablet in landscape (It may be the default for unknown I have not dug into this part yet). We have gotten around this by manually hooking into the orientation manager and listening to the Orientation changed which works fine it is just the Auto selected ones that seem to behave strangely on this device.

Any help/hints on these would be awesome!

Thanks Heaps!

32. Mirgan

Mirgan

Same problem after upgrade to Unity 2017.2. Can't work with Doozy's Gameobject enabled in scene. It's good that I already finished doing GUI, so I just turned off all the Doozy's Gameobjects. But I still hope for fix!

33. zukinet

zukinet

Hi,

i have 30 buttons created by Doozy UI-button, i also using PlayMaker.

i want to detect what button's name clicked, How to detect this ?

any idea ?

34. Nowlz

Nowlz

Will FontAwesome be incorporated in to a future version of Doozy UI?

35. zukinet

zukinet

Hi,
    just want to report one bug, suddenly all my database of button/ui element DISAPPEAR and become DEFAULT...

i try to restore using Unity's Collaboration/Repo, but still not going back..

36. novaVision

novaVision

Support do not reply by email, no answers here in a thread... What's happening Doozy?
    Found many more bugs and issues here:
    1. Sometimes adding UIElement to Image gameObject raise a bug - hiding it on Start (or set category and elelment name -> hide on start) doesn't do anything. Image is still visible. Debugging the UIElement.Hide method I found that "isVisible" param already set to false, but canvas and canvas group is active and alpha = 1
    2. Debugging elements event doesn't work at all. I check inspector script - that checkbox doesn't affect to any code in asset.

zukinet likes this.
  37. Nowlz

Nowlz

Good question, support was very consistent up until September. I know we were warned that questions may take a while to answer due to the increased workload with the release of 2.8 and the upcoming release of 3.0. But...

38. zukinet

zukinet

Hi @allemaar

just want to report one more issue here,
    my incoming animation for an UI ELEMENT, sometime occur, sometime not, but mostly not

instead of animation, i got error :

Code (CSharp):
    1. Expected top level layout group missing! Too many GUILayout.EndScrollView/EndVertical/EndHorizontal?
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    4. Some objects were not cleaned up when closing the scene. (Did you spawn new GameObjects from OnDestroy?)

i think i dont have too many GUI, i also use sprite, My Canvas like below :

39. gaxx10

gaxx10

Did you ever find an fix for this? I am having the same issue and looking for a workaround as well.

sschoener likes this.
  40. Gusts92

Gusts92

Does anyone have any update regarding this? Those 3 items are exactly everything I want from the asset as of today!

41. JSwanFin

JSwanFin

We started to use DoozyUI. So far everything has been very good. Now I ran to a problem. Our UI is a series of full screen views using UIElements. Navigation works so that old view moves out to left and new one moves in from right. It works great using In and Out animations. However, I would like to reverse the directions when user navigates back using back button. Old view should move out to right and new (previous) view should move in from left.

I haven't found a way to do that. Any ideas on how to implement that?

42. Haleluya

Haleluya

Without playmaker, How do I move ui in which my position I desire?
    Thank you in advance.

43. JSwanFin

JSwanFin

I found a way to update the directions in in and out animations. I wrote a script that has normal and reversed directions to both animations and public method to reverse those. Using button events with in/out animation events works, but is a bit clunky.

EDIT: What I am basically asking is that it would be great to have optionally customized in/outanimations for Back navigation.

44. sschoener

sschoener

I would like to second this request. I specifically bought this asset expecting that it can handle this standard case of animated buttons within layout groups. It is quite a let down that your system doesn't support this :( For me, this is a deal-breaker. There are tons of useful features in your packages and it would be a shame if I had to refund it because of such an annoying issue :(

[edit]
    As a quick workaround, you can simply place the button with the animation in a new game object such that the button is no longer a direct child of the layout group.
    I understand that this is a difficult issue, which is why I hoped that DoozyUI would solve it in a nice fashion. For static UIs, I'd recommend writing a layout component that only executes in the editor.
    [/edit]
    [edit]
    If you are just using a layout group to compute a static layout that you are not changing anymore, you can try adding this component to the object with the layout group; it will disable the group at runtime and set the last values computed in the editor:
    https://gist.github.com/sschoener/d66b0edbbe52eb6ac5b7ea12896db6bc
    It's still a hack; I'd prefer to have a purely static way to compute the layout. That's something for another day though :)
    [/edit]

Also, I would appreciate some more tutorials using the most recent version of DoozyUI (like a beginners guide or something like that). The manual that comes with DoozyUI is not particularly helpful and there is tons of room for improvement there (e.g., the description of the UI element menu is almost completely useless, especially so since I don't really know what is a UI element in your lingua). I just feel pretty lost with this asset, I guess?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  45. Nowlz

Nowlz

I expect they're waiting for version 3 to be released before they update the documentation, tutorials etc. as version 2.8 was always billed as a stepping stone. Though, without knowing all the details, it does feel that maybe they would have been best going straight to version 3 and then the old documentation would still be relevant and people wouldn't feel as lost.

46. ChristoMaker

ChristoMaker

hi,

I have Unity 2017.2 and Doozy UI 2.8.1p1 and i can't use playmaker 1.8.5 with doozy :

Assets/DoozyUI/PlayMaker/Actions/SendButtonClick.cs(21,25): error CS0426: The nested type `ButtonClickType' does not exist in the type `UIButton'

Is there any solution ?

Thanks,

Christopher

47. Gusts92

Gusts92

Still nothing? Can we hope for DoozyUI v3.0 before 2018?

TheGamby likes this.
  48. Haleluya

Haleluya

Question : How do I get current state of UI? I would like to know which ui element is opening.

Thanks

49. puzzlekings

puzzlekings

Hi

I just bought this asset and I am wondering where to start? The docs don't have a quick start guide and there are so many videos but I am not sure which one can walk through creating a UI from start - all a bit overwhelming.

Does anyone have any advice here?

Also - v3 - sounds great especially the node graph for the UI flow - hope this will come soon!

cheers

Nalin

50. guybro_thunderboots

guybro_thunderboots

> Does anyone have any advice here?

I recommend waiting for 3. I implemented the first cut of my UI using 2.8, then ended up walking back the changes due to quite a few bugs (already reported in this thread) and other annoyances.