Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Door - Action, adventure, puzzle game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by AndrewSalfinger, May 8, 2013.

1. AndrewSalfinger

AndrewSalfinger

What is doors ? :
    Door, is a idea i have been boncing around in my head for a while now and wanted to try and trun it into a game some how, so i started to use unity to bring the game to life, not much have been done (with maps and modles) right know i have been spending my time on the plot (story) for the game trying to get every thing to work. This game is a side project for know since im working on a game with Zach, so this game may take time to get finished.

The game is a adventure game with some combat and puzzles along the way. The core of the game will be based around player adventure, letting the player chose the game path, i did not want to make a game that says "hay your at point (A) now go to point (B) and kill stuff along the way, with the door's player would be able to choose witch point (B) to pick from, the first 2 to 3 levels it will have a set point (A) and (B) then after that the player will find multiply doors to go through each leading to somewhere new, this lets the player choose where to go and allows some replay ability to the game.

The Plot (so far) :
    You wake up on the shore of a beach, with the sea breeze whistling through your hair as your eyes open, you looks around trying to find out where your point of origin is. A blue forcefield blocks your path from escaping this island so you decide to move forwards in your journey to see what lies ahead, discovering a path that may have answers you follow it, along this small path you look up at the surrounding rocks, along with the randomly placed building parts and rubble, at the end of this path you see a doorway to somewhere new, but what is this door way, why is it here, how did it get here, this is not a place for a door to belong, it should not be here, with this questing running around in your mind, you can't help but want the answer to your questions so you walk forwards into the door, anxiously awaiting for your answers. . .

Thats all for know, will post some more info soon, thank you for reading my post and don't forget to commet.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  2. AndrewSalfinger

AndrewSalfinger

Hello again,

here with a small update working some more on level one with some smaller things been added to the map, been working mostly on the story this week and also started to look into music for the game if you make music and would like to do some for this game fell free to send me a PM.

Here are some screenshots.

3. AndrewSalfinger

AndrewSalfinger

Hello again, I started to work on the map for level 2 of the game. Here is a preview of what have been down so far.

More info and screen shots will be coming soon.

[update] here is a new screen shot of the map.

4. GeneBox

GeneBox

This looks absolutely astonishing!

5. AndrewSalfinger

AndrewSalfinger

Thank you so much that means alot.

6. fano_linux

fano_linux

i must say, quality is very good...Is there any video or webplayer?

7. AndrewSalfinger

AndrewSalfinger

As of right now, no sadly. The project is in very early development right know so it will be abit till then, once the first 2 levels are built there will then be a video and a webplyer for it, i'm hopping it will be soon, thank you for your input and for reading my post.

8. Xicer

Xicer

The quality is top notch. Very good job.

Can you elaborate on your game mechanics. Is it a puzzle game? or something else?

9. AndrewSalfinger

AndrewSalfinger

The game is a adventure game with some combat and puzzles along the way. The core of the game will be based around player adventure, letting the player chose the game path, i did not want to make a game that says "hay your at point (A) now go to point (B) and kill stuff along the way, with the door's player would be able to choose witch point (B) to pick from, the first 2 to 3 levels it will have a set point (A) and (B) then after that the player will find multiply doors to go through each leading to somewhere new, this lets the player choose where to go and allows some replay ability to the game.

10. Xicer

Xicer

Seems like a really cool concept.
    Keep up the good work.

11. AndrewSalfinger

AndrewSalfinger

Thank you.

12. 0n35

0n35

The only thing I don't like is the amount of blur (aa?) in your images, does not feel clean at all.

13. LightSource

LightSource

You're the developer that started the Nowhere thread didn't you? I'm glad to see your continuing, even if it is a new project. Good luck, I can't wait to see some gameplay!

14. AndrewSalfinger

AndrewSalfinger

In a way this is the project (Nowhere) but its a remade version of it, it will still be bases on it but with some big changes to gameplay.

15. NightPatrol

NightPatrol

I really like the vibe from the screenshots. They somehow project the feeling of being stranded or alone... Very cinematic quality to the game's looks.

16. AndrewSalfinger

AndrewSalfinger

Sorry i have not updated on the project yet but like i said this is a side projects so updates will be slow. Im working on a short film right now and it kinder taking up much of my time, but there is be a update coming soon.