Search Unity

Doom from 1993 rebuilt with Unity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter77, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Martin_H

Martin_H

In every comparison video that I looked at, BFG is brighter. Not by a lot, but I notice it:

Peter77, AndersMalmgren and Ony like this.
  2. Ony

Ony

All this talk about Doom just reminded me that I have an original Doom II t-shirt in my closet I got from American McGee at CES in '94. Think I'll put it on this weekend and play a Doom marathon. I love Doom. Did I mention that already?

Anyway, about the whole new Doom DRM thing, screw that. These companies keep taking and taking and taking, and at some point it's all going to collapse. Not that they mind, since it's all about the money they make now, but it makes me sad to see the industry just keep getting more messed up as time goes on. No respect, I tell ya.

Rotary-Heart, Peter77 and Martin_H like this.
  3. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

I just got the new Valve Index actually. All current headsets have their cons and pros. Valve Index have really high resulotion which is nice. And valves stable lighthouse tracking. But the LCD does not have as vibrent colors as my old HTC Vive OLED headset

iamthwee, Ryiah and Ony like this.
  4. Daniel-Talis

Daniel-Talis

I still feel like a wizard when I bend the game engine to my will.. :)

Ony likes this.
  5. Ryiah

Ryiah

How are the Valve Index controllers?

6. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

I only bought the headset, I use the Knuckles DV controllers, but they are 99% like the Index controllers. Personally grabbing by actaully grabbing the base of the controller is a bit gimmicky, especially in a game with advanced interaction like our own. Its cool in the beggning but pretty quickly you just wish there was a button for gripping :D The other big problem is the joystick button. It only works reliably in center, if the stick move away from center the button disengages. We use the button for sprint, so not good. I actually reported this during the testing of the Knuckles controllers (Valve sent me both EV2, EV3 and DV controllers) but they choose to go ahead anyway

7. MarkrosoftGames

MarkrosoftGames

I'm pretty sure this is why they did it

unityunity