Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Don't select to install Visual Studio Community by default

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by andorfy, Dec 2, 2022.

1. andorfy

andorfy

Hi!

When you want to add modules to an already installed Editor version, or you want to install a new editor version, the Visual Studio Community 2019 is selected by default, even when it know's you already have a newer version of VS installed (in my case VS 2022 Pro), and it displays a warning telling this is not recommended.

Please don't set to install VS in this case by default.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Meltdown likes this.
  2. Meltdown

Meltdown

This so much, why should I have to uncheck VS Community Edition every damn time I want to add or remove modules to my Unity installation???

I don't use VS, and I shouldn't have to uncheck it each time, its annoying asf.

Please remove it as a default checked item.

andorfy likes this.
  3. DavidRodMad

DavidRodMad

Every time I have an issue with Unity, I know I'm just gonna find hundreds of people online somewhere who've been having that issue for quite a while, and like 5% of the time the issue (even with tiny microscopic changes) has been fixed lol

But yes, don't just presuppose everyone wants to install visual studio by default with every module install.

h4ri likes this.
  4. flintml

flintml

+1
    We naturally use VS Professional within our organization. Every time I go to install a new version of the editor from Hub and forget to uncheck the Community option I end up wasting time not only with the install but with the uninstall and cleanup afterwards. At least make the Hub smart enough to detect existing Pro/Enterprise installations!!!!